Changes to Syrixia?

Syrixia

The one, the true, the great.
-
TNP Nation
Syrixia
Discord
TrialByDance#0419
So, as you all probably know, I am ethnically Indian. So, I've always wanted to create an Indian nation here on NS. One problem, though. Well, two. Rhuvanland and Shei Ren. That brings my claim total up to three claims. So instead of making a new nation, I'm debating whether I should make MAJOR changes to Syrixia. Remember, folks, these would be OOC changes, so Syrixia would be like this already canon-wise if the changes happen.

Current Syrixia:
-Christian
-Monarchless republic
-Own language that I've barely structed cus I suck at linguistics
-People are white
-Ruled by Emperors during the days of yore, different houses ruled at diff. times
-Sticking with current flag and coat of arms
-Less room to go in depth, having to rely on imagination for people and government info, not really what I wanna do

Proposed Syrixia:
-Monotheism, but with Hindu cultural elements and without a "prophet" like Jesus
-Constitutional monarchy, ruled by modern descendants of the Imperial House and put in place again in 2006
-A single ruling house, like the Yamatos in Japan
-Language called Syrixian, but would basically be Hindi
-People are darker skinned; basically look like Indians here on Earth
-Ruled by Maharajas during the days of yore
-New, more Indian flag and coat of arms; will probably be better than current one as this wouldn't be my first time
-I'd be able to go in depth more about the people and government and culture and more

Would we be able to make this work history-wise? Would you all be OK with it? Thoughts and comments PLEASE, I really need them. :0

1) You are kind of like dooming the entire of your peninsula to be like you - unless your people colonized your current area from another asian-like place

2) A Hell lot of changes will be made to not only you - but the things you've joined and what you done

3) ....

plembobria:
As long as your coat of arms doesn't violate the rules of heraldry, I'm good.
It's probably not going to; it will be similar to that of modern India. Or maybe the Mughals.

As long as it doesn't change your history with McMasterdonia too much :P

I also think that this shouldn't be something you do that regularly. Keep the history and culture basically the same and continue to develop it (at least after this change).

I also think that some of these claims could have been avoided >_> Are you going to do anything with Rhuvanland? It has basically not been used since the war, and what are the plans for Shei Ren post war?

Edit: I would also add that overall I like your theme and current history/culture. I like the way you've tried to change the way your nation was viewed, with this new government and a less warlike approach. I think there are many opportunities for you to continue to work down that path.

I would say that I think your nation has the tendency to try to top all fields, which can be unrealistic. I think some more political instability, or at least some economic weakness would make your nation more dynamic and interesting overall.

Syrixia:
So, as you all probably know, I am ethnically Indian.
I didn't, that's pretty cool. My cousin is married to an Indian man, she's been over there several times to visit his family and to help with his work creating economic opportunities for the poor.

I keep telling myself one of these days I'm going to tackle reading the Mahabharata, ever since I saw the Peter Brooks adaptation on PBS.

Our SM Harper Wade Addison was written to have "South Asian" ancestry; if you go through with this, it could be retconned as Syrixian.

I am on 1/16th indian, but the genes are strong in me. I drive da taxicab from Calcutta to Bombay foh fiftih rupees!

Piscivore:
Syrixia:
So, as you all probably know, I am ethnically Indian.
I didn't, that's pretty cool. My cousin is married to an Indian man, she's been over there several times to visit his family and to help with his work creating economic opportunities for the poor.

I keep telling myself one of these days I'm going to tackle reading the Mahabharata, ever since I saw the Peter Brooks adaptation on PBS.
I didn't know about his ethnically either.
Also fun goals ^_^

Besides the Lara x Auel effects, I have little opinion on this change.

Monarchless republic- current Syrixia has no head of state.

McM History- It won't. The names will change though.

Changing Regularly- I don't plan to. I want to stick with this one.

Rhuvanland and Shei Ren- I'll figure something out. Don't worry. :)

plembobria:
Syrixia:
Monarchless republic- current Syrixia has no head of state.
You should be a Parliamentary republic like RL India. Ceremonial president, politically powerful Prime Minister.
That's my plan, only with a Maharaja instead of a President. Presidents are boring. Maharajas have tradition.

Also, I think I'm going to rework the history a bit so that the last Maharaja's cousin went into exile somewhere and the current Maharaja is his grandson, who was reinstated in 2006 as a constitutional monarch.

possibleflag.png

possiblecoa.png

DAMN IT Syrixia I'm not changing to a Pakistanoid state to make this work, we're too atheist for the whole Islam thing to work out.

Who says you had to? Syrixia is now more like what would happen if America, India and Britain did a threesome and had a kid.

Syrixia, in your TBC thread you've changed your history a bit. You said that the new PM was not the Bulldogs Defence Minister, but the defence Minister of the Prime Minister before that. Unless I've misread it. That is quite a significant change, given all the RP's that the defence Minister was at least tangentially involved in.

mcmasterdonia:
Syrixia, in your TBC thread you've changed your history a bit. You said that the new PM was not the Bulldogs Defence Minister, but the defence Minister of the Prime Minister before that. Unless I've misread it. That is quite a significant change, given all the RP's that the defence Minister was at least tangentially involved in.
He was Bhargava's defense minister too. I'm on my phone going to a carnival; so I can't fix it. Pretend I said that he was Bhargava's MOD too.

I feel like I'm the only one who isn't completely fond of the changes. I don't mind them, yes, but after being so comfortable with the old version it's going to take some time adapting.

@Esp- We still invaded. XD

@Xen- I'm adapting too. But, I think it will be worth it.

Back