OOC: Exploration of Smithworks

Felis

TNPer
I'd like to start an RP, after the governmental elections of United Cronaal, an RP where several of us send explorers and scientists (which the necessarily equipment and protective clothing) into the city of Smithworks.

Piscivore:
So would I; Sadakoyama would have sent people immediately and we're not the sort to ask permission.
I'm surprised you haven't started this yourself then!

Darcania is right that RP mods cannot move topics.

Naturally, Syrixia would be interested in this, as we witnessed the explosion firsthand.

Our science cruiser, Rosalind Franklin is the one assigned to that part of the ocean, so it would be the first one to respond. She'll have been conducting a scientific survey of what is now Arcadia Bay. When the bomb goes off she'll move to the channel between Arcadia Bay and Cronaal and use her two heavy-lift helicopters to get teams in, set up a field hospital/lab, and evacuate the most critical survivors to RF's medical facilities. That's what you will find us doing when your teams get there.

Piscivore:
Our science cruiser, Rosalind Franklin is the one assigned to that part of the ocean, so it would be the first one to respond. She'll have been conducting a scientific survey of what is now Arcadia Bay. When the bomb goes off she'll move to the channel between Arcadia Bay and Cronaal and use her two heavy-lift helicopters to get teams in, set up a field hospital/lab, and evacuate the most critical survivors to RF's medical facilities. That's what you will find us doing when your teams get there.
Oh yes, I forgot you're still there helping the dying and researching

Thanks Cassy.

On a related note, would it make sense for me to forbid people going near the Smith's Palace?

Depends on how much is left, also it could be a somewhat restricted section in the restricted zone.
Would this be restricted for technological / sensitive information reasons or for safety reasons?

Ceretis:
Depends on how much is left, also it could be a somewhat restricted section in the restricted zone.
Would this be restricted for technological / sensitive information reasons or for safety reasons?
This would be resitricted for the sensitive information and also the corpses of the royal family.

Out of curiosity, there are no other claimants to the throne? (Or are you just not sure at the moment?) Usually there is someone who has claim even if the main house dies off due to a nuke or something. Many times there are cousins who have a 'cadet house' with rights.

For example Ceretis's royal family are the Callahans and the cadet house is headed by Archduke Fox and Magnolia Wiggin.

Syrixia, do you think you could make a sectioned map of Smithworks so I could assign groups to each section.

Sure. How many sections do you want there to be? And where would the Smith's Palace be located in the city? Center, I presume?

Syrixia:
Sure. How many sections do you want there to be? And where would the Smith's Palace be located in the city? Center, I presume?
I guess the amount of people who said they're involved +2, also yes. the Smith's Palace should be in the cneter, thank you.

smithworks.png

The white area, the Smith's Palace, will be explored by everyone after the other sections are explored.

Syrixia:
smithworks.png

The white area, the Smith's Palace, will be explored by everyone after the other sections are explored.
If you read back, I mention the Smith's Palace being out of bounds for the other nations but thanks for the map, definitely appreciate and may be the best thing we get

Piscivore:
Cronaal:
Piscivore:
I'm sorry, but ground zero is where we would go first. If it consoles you, any humans in that area would have been vaporized,

as would most everything else.
I don't have much experience with nuclear explosions. Could you tell me more?
See my edit. :)
Thanks, if the blast didn't flatten everything then i would have described how the concrete plaza was half lifted up and the fountains were split in two.

Other than the crater in the center, most buildings would be well burnt or damaged by shock wave. The further out you go the more stuff will be standing. The areas outside the epicenter that still have some things standing, people have been vaporized and a shadow of their body and objects around them will appear on objects they were near. For example, a man carrying a box would appear overlaid on a stone wall as though he became his shadow.

Glass will fuse together, clocks will all stop at the instant of the blast, metal and coins will fuse together, silver objects if I remember become highly irradiated, unshielded electronics are destroyed by the EM wave, minor earthquakes, objects are thrown outward such as rail cars, cars, etc and crushed by impact.

How powerful was the explosion?

Ceretis:
Other than the crater in the center, most buildings would be well burnt or damaged by shock wave. The further out you go the more stuff will be standing. The areas outside the epicenter that still have some things standing, people have been vaporized and a shadow of their body and objects around them will appear on objects they were near. For example, a man carrying a box would appear overlaid on a stone wall as though he became his shadow.

Glass will fuse together, clocks will all stop at the instant of the blast, metal and coins will fuse together, silver objects if I remember become highly irradiated, unshielded electronics are destroyed by the EM wave, minor earthquakes, objects are thrown outward such as rail cars, cars, etc and crushed by impact.

How powerful was the explosion?
I'm not sure how you'd measure a power of a nuclear bomb but it did blast from about 1 mile beneath the Smith's Palace and through thick sheets of metal. it was constructed in case Smithworks was ever taken over fully by enemy forces who were close to opening the bunker.

That is subject to change.

Hiroshima was about 16kt, Nagasaki was abut 20kt, US trident missiles carry 8 100kt warheads each. Usually bombs range from .3 to 340kt yields per warhead for nations that have advanced nukes. Non advanced I think are about 1-70kt range.

Back