Faibuaizu Alliance

Bootsie:
Guslantis accepts the invitation and promptly names Parker Fuller as our representative. Mr. Fuller is currently our Associate Minister of Foreign Affairs, and under Minister Tucker has helped run the ministry. He has our support and we trust him to be our liaison to the alliance.

Zazumo:
Representative: Charles F. Hall
Nation Location: South America
The People's Republic of Zazumo hereby swears allegiance to the Faibuaizu Alliance and promises to obey all laws of the Faibuaizu Treaty.

We move for a vote their invitations.

There hasn't yet been a proposal to accept them into the Alliance. As well, neither nation has provided their location on the world map. (OOC: By "world map", I mean TNP's official map. I didn't know exactly what the IC name for that map was.)

Also, for the vote currently running, we vote Aye.

Darcania:
There hasn't yet been a proposal to accept them into the Alliance. As well, neither nation has provided their location on the world map. (OOC: By "world map", I mean TNP's official map. I didn't know exactly what the IC name for that map was.)

Also, for the vote currently running, we vote Aye.
Ops, pardon.

To Guslantis and Zazumo:

You need to provide your locations on The North Pacific's map, before I need to post a proposal to let you both in the alliance.

The following map is of The Monarchy of Guslantis:

[img=240,156]http://s6.postimg.org/hbe4cbwld/Guslantis.png[/img]

Unfortunately it seems my nation must decline the invitation. We are not located on TNP map. We were honoured to be considered for the alliance.
Thank you.

The following proposal by New Sekai is now in the Discussion phase, which is required to last until at least Jul 13 2015, 04:00 AM (GMT - 0:00). Two motions for a vote are also required before it may move to the Voting phase.

Proposal:
Admission of Guslantis
  • Guslantis is hereby admitted to the Faibuaizu Alliance.

Guslantis's representative may take part in the discussion, but may not move for a vote or vote.

I will be available to answer any questions the Alliance may have, and if I do not have the answer, I will forward it back to the Cabinet for an appropriate answer. Thanks.

Parker Fuller
Associate Minister of Foreign Affairs
Appointed Faibuaizu Alliance Representative

Mr Insanity:
The following proposal by New Sekai is now in the Discussion phase, which is required to last until at least Jul 13 2015, 04:00 AM (GMT - 0:00). Two motions for a vote are also required before it may move to the Voting phase.

Proposal:
Admission of Guslantis

Guslantis's representative may take part in the discussion, but may not move for a vote or vote.
We move for a vote.

We ask the representative from Guslantis why they have decided to join the alliance, especially considering the presence of Nebula, a known expansionist, in the alliance.

Leah Charles, our new queen, cared for this issue a lot. So much so, that when she gave her first speech as Queen of Guslantis, she had the following to say at the very beginning of her speech:

"First, Guslantis will be joining the Faibuaizu Alliance, as we see this as a new frontier of the region that has yet to be explored. In addition, we will be extending our diplomatic ties to Nessuno, Nebula, New Sekai, and Cascadia, which are not only members of the Alliance, but members we believe we have not truly discovered yet."

Personally speaking and using the above quote from the queen, it is safe to say that we have not ventured into this realm of our own region, and I believe that has limited us from growth within the region.

Parker Fuller
Associate Minister of Foreign Affairs

PASSED
With the motion of Nessuno, Darcania and Nebula, the following proposal is now at vote:
Proposal:
Admission of Guslantis
The vote must last until at least Jul 16 2015 01:00 AM (GMT - 0:00).

[c][c]Aye[c]4
[c]Nay[c]1
[c]Abstain[c]0

Mr Insanity:
With a majority vote of "Aye" (3 Aye, 1 Nay, 0 Abstain), the proposal to admit Guslantis passes.
(OOC: No, it doesn't. It needs a 2/3 majority: "II.7: The proposal is required to pass with a two-thirds majority.")

Darcania:
Mr Insanity:
With a majority vote of "Aye" (3 Aye, 1 Nay, 0 Abstain), the proposal to admit Guslantis passes.
(OOC: No, it doesn't. It needs a 2/3 majority: "II.7: The proposal is required to pass with a two-thirds majority.")
(OOC: What that mean, the proposal failed or in the middle? Or its still on the voting phase?)

Mr Insanity:
(OOC: What that mean, the proposal failed or in the middle? Or its still on the voting phase?)
(OOC: Go by the rules I previously explained. If the remaining vote "Aye", we get 5-1-0, which would pass, so the proposal has yet to fail. If the remaining vote "Nay", we get 3-3-0, which would fail, so the proposal has yet to succeed. Therefore, the proposal is still at vote.

If you're having difficulties with that, feel free to propose a replacement for the Deputy Chair or propose to forgive me for breaking a required term, which I will explain if you, ICly, ask Ulus to explain.)

Darcania:
Mr Insanity:
(OOC: Go by the rules I previously explained. If the remaining vote "Aye", we get 5-1-0, which would pass, so the proposal has yet to fail. If the remaining vote "Nay", we get 3-3-0, which would fail, so the proposal has yet to succeed. Therefore, the proposal is still at vote.

If you're having difficulties with that, feel free to propose a replacement for the Deputy Chair or propose to forgive me for breaking a required term, which I will explain if you, ICly, ask Ulus to explain.)
(OOC: Yeah I now understand it. Thank you.)

It would appear that the vote can't finish without the input of myself or Cascadia. Personally, I see the Queen's mention of Faibuaizu as mere rhetoric. Mr. Fuller, I understand that our duty as representatives is to speak for our nation, but surely you could provide a better answer than merely parroting a highly publicized speech by your queen and complementing it with your own prattle. If not, I know very well how technologically advanced your nation is; certainly you'd be capable of asking your superiors for a clearer answer.

Simply seeking to open more diplomatic ties with new nations isn't enough to wish to join an alliance, let alone a stringent, militaristic alliance such as this one. Why would a nation so devoted to peace that it founded the NPTO wish to join a militaristic alliance with the likes of Nebula and Wolfsea, two highly militaristic nations?

(OOC: Sorry for the string of questions; Ulus is a lot more patient, careful, and suspicious of other nations, even allied ones, than Scian is.)

Darcania:
It would appear that the vote can't finish without the input of myself or Cascadia. Personally, I see the Queen's mention of Faibuaizu as mere rhetoric. Mr. Fuller, I understand that our duty as representatives is to speak for our nation, but surely you could provide a better answer than merely parroting a highly publicized speech by your queen and complementing it with your own prattle. If not, I know very well how technologically advanced your nation is; certainly you'd be capable of asking your superiors for a clearer answer.

Simply seeking to open more diplomatic ties with new nations isn't enough to wish to join an alliance, let alone a stringent, militaristic alliance such as this one. Why would a nation so devoted to peace that it founded the NPTO wish to join a militaristic alliance with the likes of Nebula and Wolfsea, two highly militaristic nations?

(OOC: Sorry for the string of questions; Ulus is a lot more patient, careful, and suspicious of other nations, even allied ones, than Scian is.)
Gee, thanks...

Nebula:
Gee, thanks...
(OOC: That wasn't marked as OOC, so I'm going to assume it was IC.)

I assure you, Emperator, that I was not seeking to insult you; I was merely acknowledging that it appeared suspicious for a nation so devoted to peace to join a militaristic alliance with a nation currently in the middle of a long and bloody cold war. So long as your nation doesn't declare war on us or our allies, I have no reason and no intention to degrade you or your nation for however militaristic you may be.

I'm sorry, first for my lack of a reply, our Queen fell ill yesterday, and the Cabinet worried for her wellbeing, and secondly, because I'm going to quote her speech again, this time, using some knowledge directly informed to me by the MoD. Here is the segment I'd like to focus on: "Under our new Minister of Defense, the Guslant Armed Forces will be constructing a new budget, one on which I hope we can grow our military to one that will defend us should war come to our quarter of the region."

Behind the words, Charles decided to focus Akerman, one of the highest ranking generals in all of Guslantis' history, away from diplomacy and into her acting general state. In regards to NPTO, it had an interesting history of its founding. Abigail, in direct contrast of her husband, wanted to form the E5 (Entente of Five), a smaller organization that would be unaligned toward the Democratic Union. I don't believe either Leah or Abigail expected the E5 to grow into NPTO on such a wide level. Not disregarding NPTO, just explaining it's history.

We are a peaceful nation, yes, however, we see Queen Charles as a mix between President H. Hilley and President A. Hilley, a very ruthless leader and a very peaceful leader. Yes, while MoHS, she was very focused on neutrality, her focus on the Ministry of Defense and Ministry of Science during her reign shows that she would like these ministries to flourish like the larger ministries such as the Ministry of Information. We will be pushing toward a more militaristic Guslantis, not within the realm of Nebula and Wolfsea, but not as peaceful as having to retreat to a Cabinet bunker every time war strikes.

Thank you for your answer, Mr. Fuller.

Upon the instructions of my superior, who himself has taken in recommendations from many others, including myself, Savas, and Seira, we are voting Aye.

I believe this results in enough votes for the proposal to pass. I eagerly await the Chairman's response.

Mr Insanity:
(OOC: we need to remove Kalti and True Sebland from the invitees list because they now both in the Helmebaine Alliance.)
(OOC: As I understand it, there is nothing preventing us from admitting Helmebaine members as long as they fulfill the terms of the Treaty. Helmebaine only has the policy of not admitting Faibuaizu members. If you wish, ICly, to withdraw your invitation you may do so, though.)

(OOC: ok.)

We propose to discuss to revoked our invitation for the following nations into the alliance:

Our reasons are because they are both in The Helmebaine Alliance and this may cause a bit of problem for our alliance.

It's your invitation, so it's entirely up to you whether to withdraw that invitation or not.

Darcania:
It's your invitation, so it's entirely up to you whether to withdraw that invitation or not.
We know, however we always want to know what the other nations' opinions before we decide on our finial decisions.

Back