The Great North Pacific Trade Agreement

The Great North Pacific Trade Agreement

gnpta2.png

Welcome to the Great North Pacific Trade Agreement discussion thread. The agreement is intended to help to facilitate trading relationships between North Pacifican nations. It not only encourages trade, but helps to ensure that trade issues are resolved speedily, and that trade routes remain open to nations involved in the agreement.

The agreement does not intend to bind member states to a ton of complex terms. It is quite simply to promote trade. You are free to roleplay with other nations about trade, to organise your own free trade agreements, to set your own tariffs, and to RP your own conflicts.

The Great North Pacific Trade Agreement was founded by Eumenor. As such, Eumenor remains the Chief Administrator of the agreement and is responsible for approving or denying applications.

To apply to join the Great North Pacific trade agreement, simply post in the thread. Eumenor our Chief Administrator will be around to process your application as soon as possible.

TGNPTA Administration
Chief Administrator: Eumenor
Deputy Administrator: Syrixia
Chief Mediator: McMasterdonia
General Officer: Nasania

Current Members
Eumenor
Syrixia
McMasterdonia
The Cascadian Commonwealth
Guslantis
Archegnum
The Lancerian Empire
Norway XXVIII
Cronaal
Malvad
Nasania
Folmerica
Kalti
Nessuno
Dalies
Darcania
Plembobria
New Sekai
True Sebland
Sadakoyama
Yayness
Ceretis

Please see here for the current map of the trade route.

FAQs

1. Who approves new members?

Eumenor is the current Chief Administrator of the agreement. Eumenor will approve or deny your application. You are not guaranteed admittance simply by applying. If you wish to work in a rejection into a role play, please let Eumenor know in advance, so he may take the time to reject your application properly.

2. Is this a free trade agreement?

This is not a free trade network. This route is here to encourage and facilitate trading, build relationships, aid new nations in getting into the community and building their economies, and of course bring money into the states that are part of it through increased flow of goods. You are absolutely encouraged to set your own tariffs. I ask that they are not so high as to price out smaller nations, but this is your choice.

3. How do we request foreign aid?

It is quite simple. You may post in this thread requesting foreign aid or the support of members of the trade agreement. It is not guaranteed that you will receive said aid, but it is likely that some nations will come to your assistance.

4. Who mediates disputes between nations?

McMasterdonia is the current Chief Mediator of the agreement. Issues over trade routes should be taken to McMasterdonia or Eumenor directly. You should check with him first if you wish to start a RP about issues related to trade. People are busy, and it won’t always be possible.

If you have any other questions, please post in the thread!

This is the document for the discussion of the terms of the new trade route that will connect a number of the nations of the North Pacific. Eumenor will provide ships to sail the route, and goods will be circulated throughout the region regularly, efficiently, and at a fair tariff. If you want to benefit from the economic opportunities that will come with hosting a port on the route, please comment in this thread. You can use your own ships, with permission from either Syrixian or Eumenorian authorities, or order goods from member nations to be shipped by one of Eumenor or Syrixia's vessels, or even one from our friends at Bona Mara. The three large sponsor nations at the moment are myself, Eumenor, my ally Syrixia, and the very powerful and respected McMasterdonia. There would be a possibility of turning this trade network into a treaty or alliance after we get a number of members.

This is not a free trade network. This route is here to encourage and facilitate trading, build relationships, aid new nations in getting into the community and building their economies, and of course bring money into the states that are part of it through increased flow of goods. You are absolutely encouraged to set your own tariffs. I ask that they are not so high as to price out smaller nations, but this is your choice.

More information is in a post I wrote here to clarify some of McM, Scandigrad and Syrixia's questions.

This is not a free trade network. A free trade network of that sort is not necessarily a good thing, as it deprives nations of the income from trade tariffs necessary to build an economy, and could actually end up with member nations avoiding trade with one another because of loss of profitability. Where tariffs are concerned, I have no intention of setting a region wide tariff, as stated in an earlier post where I attempted to clarify this for you. I quote:

"Happy to oblige, McMasterdonia.
We are by no means creating a free trade system. Tariffs will still apply, and there is flexibility for each state to set its own. However, we wish to set up the sort of infrastructure that does not exist in the North Pacific as of yet. We wish to provide a reliable and regular stream of ships circulating between nations to form a network to be used by small businesses and large government agencies to encourage trade and the transfer of goods from place to place. The prices associated with importing goods would remain, although perhaps you could consider lowering tariffs for new nations to help them to get their economies growing. This route would bring members closer together in terms of regional relations, as well as in physical time terms. This is not a free trade zone, but it will promote trade, ultimately bringing more business to powerhouse nations such as yours, and helping to get a good start for new TNPers just starting to build their trade empires. Of course, if you wish to edit Syrixia's and my own plans for this route to something that you feel is more reasonable, please do not hesitate to say so - your experience is much needed!"

And slightly later:

"Clear purpose? Well, for one thing, emulating the real world. While there is no in-game function, there are many RL trade treaties, and in the interest of being realistic, it would be good for countries to be part of international routes like these: Posted Image
Also, it should hopefully aim to create a strong community, where we can collaborate on projects, such as Syrixia's space programme for which I am supplying some resources and funding as well as aiding in the design process, or my planned nuclear fusion energy campaign."

This route is here to encourage and facilitate trading, build relationships, aid new nations in getting into the community and building their economies, and of course bring money into the states that are part of it through increased flow of goods. You are absolutely encouraged to set your own tariffs. I ask that they are not so high as to price out smaller nations, but this is your choice.

Membership list:
Eumenor
Syrixia
McMasterdonia
The Cascadian Commonwealth
Guslantis
Archegnum
The Lancerian Empire
Norway XXVIII
Cronaal
Malvad
Nasania
Folmerica
Kalti
Nessuno
Dalies

Admins:
Eumenor
Syrixia
Nasania
McMasterdonia

Here is a link to the official route map, created and maintained by Nasania:
http://forum.thenorthpacific.org/topic/7301112/1/#new
I would also like to thank them for their work on the branding of the route which should appear shortly.

Obviously, since we've been discussing this for a while, Syrixia shall join the trade route.

The Federal Republic of Dalies would be more than happy if it were included within the trade alliance. Dalies is mostly a maritime nation; with a strong navy and heavy shipping industry, Dalies would make a a valuable asset to the North Pacific trading economy. One of the largest corporations in Dalies is Bona Mare Inc. This company makes and sells quality ships for a cheap price. Within the last month, Bona Mare has pumped in more than 3 billion Dals to the Dalies economy.

As a small, new nation Chopwell would be most grateful of the chance to join this esteemed trading alliance. Our lack of any ships, other than ferries, would require that we use the shipping provided to export our surpluses of chalk and aduki beans.

Dalies and Chopwell are cordially admitted into the Great North Pacific Free Trade Agreement pending approval from Eumenor.

Malvad would like to join as it is near the center of The North Pacific and many major trade routes.

The McMasterdonian Government was under the impression that we were agreeing to allow the trade route to pass through our ports. We are unlikely to agree to free trade with every nation that ratifies this agreement, we are already subject to the free trade agreement of the Democratic Union and trade tariffs form a significant part of our budget. A clarification on this matter would be most welcome.

Happy to oblige, McMasterdonia.
We are by no means creating a free trade system. Tariffs will still apply, and there is flexibility for each state to set its own. However, we wish to set up the sort of infrastructure that does not exist in the North Pacific as of yet. We wish to provide a reliable and regular stream of ships circulating between nations to form a network to be used by small businesses and large government agencies to encourage trade and the transfer of goods from place to place. The prices associated with importing goods would remain, although perhaps you could consider lowering tariffs for new nations to help them to get their economies growing. This route would bring members closer together in terms of regional relations, as well as in physical time terms. This is not a free trade zone, but it will promote trade, ultimately bringing more business to powerhouse nations such as yours, and helping to get a good start for new TNPers just starting to build their trade empires. Of course, if you wish to edit Syrixia's and my own plans for this route to something that you feel is more reasonable, please do not hesitate to say so - your experience is much needed!

In other news, Dalies, Chopwell, and Malvad are welcomed to the treaty. So... Welcome! I will have this added to the map in some respect. I might send you some information in a bit when I have some to send. But then again, I may not. Either way, if you have any questions, I am happy to answer them!.

Eumenor, we at Syrixia are proud to proclaim that the Political Map has been officially updated by Alunya! Our trade exclave is now OFFICIAL!

Can Territorio di Nessuno join into trade Agreement? we have our own ships.
We also have a nice automobile manifacturing, book publishing and cheese export.

Yes, via this trade route we can create alliances and help each other in projects,

COUGH COUGH ANYONE WANNA HELP ME WITH THE SYRIXIAN SPACE PROGRAM COUGH COUGH?

Syrixia:
Yes, via this trade route we can create alliances and help each other in projects,

Space Programm? Sounds interesting, i'll help you

Clear purpose? Well, for one thing, emulating the real world. While there is no in-game function, there are many RL trade treaties, and in the interest of being realistic, it would be good for countries to be part of international routes like these:
shipping-trade%20routes%20UNEP-Arendal.jpg

Also, it should hopefully aim to create a strong community, where we can collaborate on projects, such as Syrixia's space programme for which I am supplying some resources and funding as well as aiding in the design process, or my planned nuclear fusion energy campaign.

Nessuno:
Syrixia:

Space Programm? Sounds interesting, i'll help you
Sounds good! Check out the role-play thread "The Space Race" in National Roleplay, and check out the Scandigradian Press Release (Also in National Roleplay) before that! Then you can comment on the Space Race thread!

The Spokesman of Eumenor:
So we now have Dalies, Chopwell, Malvad, Nessuno, Syrixia and Eumenor, if not McMasterdonia at the moment. I'll have these people added to the map.

Ah, that looks good! Thanks for the clarification.

Eumenor; there may be some problems.

McMasterdonia is competing with Nessuno and Syrixia, along with various other countries varying on sides. (Scandigrad with McMasterdonia and Tomb & Egalotir with Syrixia and Nessuno for example)

There's a sort of space race going on; so I wanted to notify you. This could possibly harm the treaty, so we should try to hold it together. Perhaps we could have a temporary embargo on space-related materials between nations on different sides of the space race?

Nah, a bit of competition between those in the treaty could be good. We can collaborate in areas and compete in a friendly manner in others.
Also, great, our exclave is finally legit!!!

Syrixia:
Eumenor; there may be some problems.

McMasterdonia is competing with Nessuno and Syrixia, along with various other countries varying on sides. (Scandigrad with McMasterdonia and Tomb & Egalotir with Syrixia and Nessuno for example)

There's a sort of space race going on; so I wanted to notify you. This could possibly harm the treaty, so we should try to hold it together. Perhaps we could have a temporary embargo on space-related materials between nations on different sides of the space race?
I think that an embargo it is too excessive.

Well, just an embargo on space-related materials. All other forms of trade will continue!

Perhaps, but we shouldn't just leisurely raise it. We should raise it dramatically so both sides can compete and still trade on space-related materials. Perhaps we could double it?

Syrixia:
Perhaps, but we shouldn't just leisurely raise it. We should raise it dramatically so both sides can compete and still trade on space-related materials. Perhaps we could double it?
Yes, this is better.

To the appropriate authorities,

The government of the Archipelagian Kingdom of Archegnum, with the agreement of his Royal Majesty King Nathanael II, hereby submits their request for membership of the Great North Pacific Trade Route. Archegnum feels that it is time to become for involved in the international community, and we would enjoy doing business with other nations.

We look forward to your reply,

The House of Patrician of the Archegnuman Parliament and
King Nathanael Iluvatar II of Archegnum

Greetings Archegnum, we are are pleased to admit you to our trade route. And, on a personal note, it is always good to be in the presence of somebody who literally sung the world into being as your king has. If you see Melchior, kick him before he ruins all of your hard work.

Back