Racism in TNP

There's a lot of racism in TNP. I feel it every day, and as a sassy black woman, I'm going to speak my mind on the matter. How many black members of the Regional Assembly are there, compared to the region as a whole?

This thread is a place where we can have a civil discussion regarding racism in TNP.

The man is keeping us down. I'm probably the only black man in this regional assembly and I feel lonely.

King Durk the Awesome:
There's a lot of racism in TNP. I feel it every day, and as a sassy black woman, I'm going to speak my mind on the matter. How many black members of the Regional Assembly are there, compared to the region as a whole?

This thread is a place where we can have a civil discussion regarding racism in TNP.
I am sorry, I am racist. :cry:

Democratic Donkeys:
King Durk the Awesome:

I am sorry, I am racist. :cry:
:o

I'm calico, and I despise every other cat without prejudice. It doesn't matter to me at all whether they are grey or orange tabby, white (with or without seal points), black, tuxedo, tortoiseshell, or even another calico. This is my territory and everyone in it belongs to me -- mine, mine, mine and mine alone! Other cats stay out! This means you (if you're a cat -- if you aren't, then you may stay and pet me!)

Have I made myself clear?

Very well. Carry on.

>^,,^<
Alunya

sw50sw8sw578.gif

Obligatory.

OOC: In the last US Census, in the form that arrives by mail, the US Census Bureau asks what race you are. I checked the box that said "Other" and wrote in "Human".

I fully expect to be arrested as a terrorist and put in a FEMA resettlement camp when TSHTF (The Sh*t Hits The Fan). :lol:

Romanoffia:
OOC: In the last US Census, in the form that arrives by mail, the US Census Bureau asks what race you are. I checked the box that said "Other" and wrote in "Human".

I fully expect to be arrested as a terrorist and put in a FEMA resettlement camp when TSHTF (The Sh*t Hits The Fan). :lol:
FCI Ashland Ky Prisioner Work Camp.

FEMA is barely competent enough to respond to small state emergencies. I don't understand why the conspiracy nuts think they'd be able to run prison camps. Apparently the term "military internment camp" isn't quite as scare as "FEMA resettlement camp".

Personally, if you're really going to pick a "random organization that the general public knows little about" I would go with the United States Public Health Service (PHS). They have their own military Officer Corp and they're actually one of the seven, yes seven, branches of the armed Uniformed Services.

Sounds much scarier.

I'm white caucasian. With a bit of Scottish, Welsh and Irish blood mixed into the English. Quite boring, in the most multi-cultural/racial society on Earth.

I'm a white African, it's also kind of boring but when I first say it, it may attract some attention and maybe even be useful to start a stupid conversation with girls. Then I switch to something actually interesting, if they decide to stay and I'm not shitfaced yet.

Lennart:
I'm a white African, it's also kind of boring but when I first say it, it may attract some attention and maybe even be useful to start a stupid conversation with girls. Then I switch to something actually interesting, if they decide to stay and I'm not shitfaced yet.
You look awefully tan in your avatar. Jus' sayin' :shifty:

PaulWallLibertarian42:
Lennart:
You look awefully tan in your avatar. Jus' sayin' :shifty:
I'm not Danny Pudi... Unfortunately, because that means this didn't happen to me:
[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vz0RbgZRGkE[/video]

I always forget the Canary Islands exist.

Ever been to America, Lennart? For some reason, a lot of people (and a lot of employers) refuse to believe that you can be both White and African.

Blue Wolf II:
I always forget the Canary Islands exist.

Ever been to America, Lennart? For some reason, a lot of people (and a lot of employers) refuse to believe that you can be both White and African.
hahaha there are idiots everywhere, don't worry about that. And it's relatively normal for people to forget about us, we're a tiny country and still a stagnant colony so we kind of deserve it. Also, a lot of "us" like to say they're European... It's like being African it's bad or something, freaking ignorant bigots.

Lennart:
An interesting story relating to a friend of mine who is an Afrikaner.

So, he's blond hair and blue eyed. He is a US citizen. He applies for a job at a major automobile manufacturer in South Carolina. On the job application there was a section that asked you to check the box that most matches one's "racial/ethnic origins". So, quite innocuously he checks the "African American" mbox. I mean, after all, he's from Africa and now he's a US citizen, so "African American" seemed the appropriate box to check.

Fast forward about a year. He gets called in for a performance review and the interviewer in the HR department gives him a strange look and says to him, "Hey, you're not black!"

He responded, "no, I am not. Why would you say that?"

HR: "Well, you checked the box for "African American".

He says: "I am from South Africa. I was born there. My ancestors for ten generations were born there. I am now a citizen of the US and that would make me an African-American. Is there a problem with that?"

HR fired him on the spot for 'lying on a job application'.

He sued the company for racial discrimination on the basis that he was from Africa, was an American and that the company fired him not because he was white, but because he wasn't black. The company settled out of court for $3.5 million.

Too funny.

Romanoffia:
An interesting story relating to a friend of mine who is an Afrikaner.

So, he's blond hair and blue eyed. He is a US citizen. He applies for a job at a major automobile manufacturer in South Carolina. On the job application there was a section that asked you to check the box that most matches one's "racial/ethnic origins". So, quite innocuously he checks the "African American" mbox. I mean, after all, he's from Africa and now he's a US citizen, so "African American" seemed the appropriate box to check.

Fast forward about a year. He gets called in for a performance review and the interviewer in the HR department gives him a strange look and says to him, "Hey, you're not black!"

He responded, "no, I am not. Why would you say that?"

HR: "Well, you checked the box for "African American".

He says: "I am from South Africa. I was born there. My ancestors for ten generations were born there. I am now a citizen of the US and that would make me an African-American."

sw50sw8sw578.gif

Assuming everyone from Africa is dark skinned. Bunch of racists automobile manufacturers. It was probably GM.

[/quote]

Democratic Donkeys:
And you are so full of crap, Roman. :P
Coming from a person who thinks that the only difference between an oral and rectal thermometer is the taste, I'll take that as a compliment. :P

And besides, you're jealous that all of your RL friends are boring and play with My Little Pony figures. :lol:

Romanoffia:
Democratic Donkeys:
And you are so full of crap, Roman. :P
Coming from a person who thinks that the only difference between an oral and rectal thermometer is the taste, I'll take that as a compliment. :P

And besides, you're jealous that all of your RL friends are boring and play with My Little Pony figures. :lol:
:rofl: :lol:

Back