Pope Lexus X

City Council Mayor: Swakistek

Judicial Government
Chief Justice: OnderKelkia
Associate Justice: Swakistek
Associate Justice: Malashaan
Associate Justice: the Graz

Election Time is in the Air

Well, elections have come and gone leaving us with a healthy mix of old and new leaders. The first time winner of the Presidential Bid, President Vinage Vinage Grey-Anumia, had an easy time securing his spot against two not so serious opponents, Gustavus Adolphus Rex and StGeorgie. Easily the most contested race of this terms elections was the Senate race which resulted in a run off election between former President Pope Lexus X and Gustavus Adolphus Rex with Pope Lexus X taking home the win. The other winning Senators were McEntire, HEM, Seven Deaths, Drexlore and Elias Greyjoy.

sljkbb.jpg

First Portrait of Newly elected President Vinage

Following his confirmation, President Vinage delivered this stirring Inauguration Speech:

The Hard Work Starts here

My fellow Europeians,

I stand before you still in disbelief of the journey I have made to the Presidency. I thank you for your support and your kind words. I also thank my opponents for their unique runs for the Presidency and to outgoing President Sopo for the guidance, advice and opportunities he has given me. Thank you my friend.

At this point I would like to pay tribute to my running mate and now Vice President Lethen. There is nobody like Lethen and there never will be another 'Lethen'. He is someone who has many different levels of expertise and it are those expertise that I, and members of my Cabinet, will be tapping into. Thank you, Lethen, for running with me for the office.... we did it!

So, on with the future...

As I come into office the word reform seems high on the agenda, I do make this pledge to you – any wide sweeping senatorial reform will not be signed by me. I will not sign it but, instead, defer judgement of it to you the Europeian people through a referendum. That is my pledge.

For my Cabinet, Executive Order 83 shall determine their responsibilities and the structure of my Cabinet for this term. The nominations shall be presented to the Senate and I do hope they can be approved with speed so that they may get to work as soon as possible.

In my campaign I spoke frequently of the hard work and grit it is going to take us to maintain and expand our regional population. We have made good inroads here but we cannot simply rest on our laurels and expect that to be the case forever. We can say the same for our other ministries; we have been successful in Culture – but we cannot expect the success to come always. In Foreign Affairs we must continue our growing relations with our Game-Created regional friends. Finally we must be turning new nations into new citizens, Citizenship Integration will need to be working hard to see this happen. No term is ever a walk in the park, it is never easy, but in this term we must be focussed and determined to succeed. Hard work will get us far.

So Europeia I ask of each of you to get your hands dirty and get involved. Be it a few nations welcomed, participation in a Culture-led game or assisting to write the Foreign Update – each of them are duties that need to be done. For any budding politician for the next term, or even this term if we do have a bi-election, get yourself known by getting involved. A big recruiter always does well come election time and each Ministry has something to teach you, so long as your ready to get stuck in.

The hard work starts here. Now Europeia it is time to shine.

Written by Seven Deaths

Smells like Change

The Senate Panel on Legislative/Electoral Reform or PLER officially convened yesterday under the direction of Senate Speaker McEntire. All through out Election Season, reform was a hot button topic. Everyone had their own ideas and they weren't afraid to share them. The panel is meeting to discuss a potential way to reform the Senate elections. A widely discussed idea is splitting the race into two parts having half the Senate elected at the same time as the General elections and the other half at Mid Term. Serving as Co-Chair shall be Senator HEM.

gates-topper.jpg

Our first look at the Panel that will change Europeia?

The Senate has also invited Supreme Chancellor Lethen and Mayor Swakistek to serve as extra voices from outside the Senate. It is with this that we hope to have an additional perspective brought to the table.

Written by Seven Deaths

Europeia Under Attack!?!?

uon0k.jpg

The Banner used for the duration of the Contest

A recent zombie hoard was seen just outside Europeia shambling towards various government offices. Citizens are running in fear but a few brave individuals are standing guard, locked and loaded and ready to fight the oncoming hoard. Will they survive?

Well yes, yes they did otherwise this update would be talking more about brains and less about what's been going on around here. In an event organised and run by the Ministries of Interior and Culture, zombies poured into designated offices and a straight up fire-fight ensued between those protecting Europeia and those trying to usher in the zombies. Why usher in zombies? Brains and the lolfactor. That is why.

But, anyway, Europeia was split into two teams and whichever team recruited the most won that day and a description of the events was written up by those involved in Culture. To much amusement to those involved. If I recall correctly in one of the write-ups Vinage was jumping up and down on the Presidential bed, causing some trouble while Sopo wanted to go to sleep. Pretty life-like that. Now, with some serious statistics about it, during the five day event a total of 2,860 telegrams were sent off and the population was increased into the 1140s. Pretty incredible stuff really!

Notolecta sent off the most and was rewarded with the following userbar:

1ZombieSlayer.png

All in all was good fun while doing something serious, and honestly a little bit tedious.

Written by Vinage

Like what you see? Just click the image at the top and away you go!

Accepting Students From All Levels Of Education

Tired of the same old work, day in and day out? Want to get out, meet new people, learn new skills and make new friends? If you answer yes to any of them then check out the University of Europeia!

With the new semester about to start, expected Monday but you know what lecturers can be like, now is the time to check out what classes we have on offer and sign up! You don't need to be a citizen to join in the classes, merely a member of the forum - so Ambassador/Non-Voting member can instantly get involved in this excellent opportunitiy! For the next few months we are going to have...

Nationstates 101 - Basics of Nationstates. How to avoid getting into trouble
Domestic Service Studies - Prepare yourself for service and public elections
Ambassadorial Duties For Beginners - How to improve as an Ambassador
Military Gameplay For Beginners - Don't know your Point from your Cascade?
Basics of the World Assembly - Want to get more involved in the WA? Take this one! Special guest lecturers as well in Mousie & Elias Greyjoy!

And that is no way a complete list either! There will be more coming in the future.

So why should you check out the University of Europeia and pick up a certificate, diploma or degree? Well.... where else in the world will you get a free education hmm? And the other reasons of course. Oh and it is fun! Let's not forget about that one.

So come on down, sign up and prepare yourselves to be blow away! Simply click the logo at the top and you'll be whisked off your feet.

4ha05y.png

Dean of the University of Europeia

To the Citizens of Asgard and the NationStates World

As many of you may know, it has recently come to light that the forums of Asgard have been deleted resulting in the loss of much of their history. Such an event is a tragedy and it is our sincere hope that the remaining Citizens of Asgard are able to rebuild from this. Europeia does not condone any action of this kind and will continue to fight against those who think forum deletion is justified.

As of right now, all the facts point to the Root Administrator as the culprit behind this attack. However, this is not an assumption we are committing to if the facts begin to point elsewhere. Regardless of who did it, if and when the perpetrators are revealed, Europeia will ensure that no one involved in the destruction of the Asgard forums can make a home here. We will use our influence to the greatest possible measure making sure that these criminals cannot find refuge in any respectable corner of the game.

This is the fourth such Region to have their forums deleted in recent weeks, along with Ravenstadt, Markarth and Grand Central. These events clearly illustrate the need for us all to unite under a common banner. Whether you are a Raider or Defender, Game-Created or User-Created, Democracy, Monarchy, or Authoritarian or whatever else you may be, now is the time. This is an issue that affect us all equally and we need to address it together.

Thank you,

signature.png

p22021797.png

4ha05y.png

p22023230.png

signature1.png

p22023231.png

UPDATE LXX
October 6th, 2012
42nd Congress, 42nd Cabinet, 35th Senate
Population: 1,240 nations
Forum Posts: 452,459
WAD endorsements: 327

Current Government of Europeia

Executive Government
Supreme Chancellors: HEM / Lethen
President: Vinage
Vice President: Lethen

Grand Admiral: Common-Sense Politics
Foreign Minister: Seven Deaths
Culture Minister: Gustavus Adolphus Rex
Interior Minister: Shadowlurker
Citizen Integration Minister: Elias Greyjoy
Attorney General: Peaceful Llamas

World Assembly Delegate: Vinage

Legislative Government

Senate

McEntire (Speaker)
Gustavus Adolphus Rex
Seven Deaths
Drexlore
Elias Greyjoy
Common-Sense Politics

Citizens’ Assembly Chairman: Vacant

Judicial Government
Chief Justice: OnderKelkia
Associate Justice: Vacant

Changing of the Guard

4332519498_tenth_doctor_answer_1_xlarge.jpeg

Secret Revealed! The Doctor's Name Is Recruitment!

So you are all probably thinking, what has David Tennant been up to recently apart from staring in Hamlet and other theatre productions? Well I'll tell you! It seems he has recently cropped up in Europeia in the form of Shadowlurker - a highly active and up-and-coming citizen of Europeia who has recently been announced as Minister of Interior. Unfortunately due to real life [the daemon strikes again!] Notolecta has been forced to resign and retire from Nationstates politics as a whole. We wish him the very best of luck.

But anyway, that's right guys.... David loves recruiting for Europeia! Who can blame him really thanks to the great work put in by Alarm Sirens on our updated recruitment system. Shadowlurker has done a bit of everything in Europeia and is someone who has been given a great opportunity to show what he can do in Government. His recent address paying great tribute to his predecessor Notolecta saying:

As I have mentioned, Notolecta was probably the best recruiter we have seen in a while (at least I have). While I can't manage to recruit as much as he could, I hope me and my Junior Ministers can get us going again, and keep us steady. This is the most important piece in Europeia! Without new citizens, we wont have much of anything. So let us recruit our little hearts out.

Well said Shadowlurker and may your time as Minister of Interior bring success!

Written by Vinage

Citizens’ Assembly Roars into Life

The City Council, in Europeia, was a sub-legislative body which had varying levels of activity and success throughout its history. It also had a little bit of an identity problem, with the only substantial power being to bring legislation to the Senate for consideration, but embarking on many other side projects along the way, such as the Council Telegraph newspaper, again with varying success.

A little over 30 days ago, I joined the City Council and was shortly after elected Mayor with the intent of executing wholesale reform with no less an objective than making the City Council the pride of the region.

A few days ago, the work of our entire leadership team and the Council as a whole came to fruition with the President signing our new Charter into Law - and with a new Charter, a new name. We became the Citizens' Assembly.

The streamlined and formalised procedures in the Citizens' Assembly Act (2012) (the legislative short title for our Charter), as well as the clear powers, goals and responsibilities within will undoubtedly allow this body to enter a new era in involving a broader group of citizens in the direct management of the region.

At the time of writing, we are in the midst of elections for the inaugural Chairman of the Citizens' Assembly, and I am currently the sole candidate with some hours of voting left. But regardless of who leads the Citizens' Assembly into the future, I know that we will rise higher than ever before.

The reasons why I believe this success will come about is as follows.

1. Defined objectives.
The Citizens' Assembly is expressly tasked with drafting legislating, training citizens in legislative writing and in aiding the World Assembly Delegate. Couple this with the new Department of Special Projects, designed to provide targeted support to the President and Cabinet, and you've really got something.

2. Expanded leadership.
In my term as Mayor, I brought on board two Deputy Mayors and three Departmental Directors to join my leadership team - more individuals involved in the direct leadership of the City Council than ever before. There are plans to revise and continue this with the transition to the Citizens' Assembly, and I feel we are yet to see the extent of the benefits to be gained from involving more talented, productive people in this way.

3. Training.
I will, next term, be endeavouring to particularly focus on having Citizens' Assemblymen be trained in legislative writing and also in many other areas; in short, I want them to be the cream of the cream of Europeia, having taken their lessons from people who have been there and done all that before.

4. Appeal.
With the name change and some cool new banners, our publicity materials finally reflect the stature and the importance of our body as it is. I hope that this will be further extended next term to help people see the gorgeous exterior so that they then take a look at the productive, efficient interior.

5. Productivity.
Talking about a productive, efficient interior makes me want one. And we will have one. We will be the best at what we do as the culmination of the above four objectives; in short, people will be proud to say that they are members of the Citizens' Assembly.

And that's how Swak sees it.

Written by Swakistek Alexander Anumia

A Healthy Dose of Elections

220px-Election_MG_3455.jpg
It’s rare to go through a term without at least one resignation and a resulting by-election to fill the void. Europeia has seen two so far in the Senate. It’s a shame to see two respected politicians, Founder HEM and former President Pope Lexus X, resign but they had Europeia’s interests at heart. In a recent interview with EBC Director, Remsol Greyjoy, Senate Speaker McEntire had this to say:

Although we had resignations, we've gained two awesome new Senators who are among the hardest workers we've got, so it may have even been a net positive!

It’s great to see that even in the face of difficult times; we can still see the silver lining. The winners of our 2 by-elections and our newest Senators are Common Sense Politics and Gustavus Adolphus Rex Greyjoy. Good job and good luck!

Written by Seven Deaths

The Prodigal Son Returns

It’s no secret that the ERN has seen lackluster performance and an overall decline in its effectiveness for the past term and half. Imagine our delight when Common-Sense Politics waltzes back into Europeia and accepts the position of Grand Admiral. He wasted no time in helping the phoenix that is our ERN rise once again from the ashes. In the short three weeks since his confirmation, CSP has led the ERN to victory on three separate occasions with an Allied Reinforcement thrown in for good measure.

p14262714.jpg

However it should be no surprise that he is having such success. He has, in the past, brought similar success and major reform to an ERN that sorely needed it. He is, without a doubt, doing that once again. We cannot discount the help that he is surely receiving. His vice admiral, Swakistek, is another who is heralded as a visionary in the ERN. The two of them working together can only mean great things for both the ERN and Europeia.

Written by Seven Deaths

Like what you see? Come check us out! Click on the banner at the top of the post and say hi!

p22021798.png

Guess Who's Back!
Good Friends And Allies,

So, for some of us, we met last Europeian term when we sent about a similar message saying hello etc, etc. Anyway, to keep you guys updated, I have been re-elected so that's one less person to meet hey? That's enough from me. and I am sure we'll talk again soon... over to my Vice President, Seven Deaths.

This time last term, I was preparing to send out this Introduction rather than writing one myself. I'm Seven Deaths and I am the Vice President for this term. I'm very excited to be working alongside my long time friend and brother, Vinage. Honestly, it'll be tough trying to match the legend that is Lethen, but I'll keep striving to do my best.

With the NS Fayre, Raider/Defender Conference and everything else between coming up this term - it's going to be a busy one for us all. Hopefully you won't be sick by the sight of us over the next few months!

With that, we bid a fond farewell and see you all around soon.
4ha05y.png

signature.png

UPDATE LXXI
December 6th, 2012
43rd Congress, 43rd Cabinet, 35th Senate
Population: 1,311 nations
Forum Posts: 469,065
WAD endorsements: 346

Current Government of Europeia

Executive Government
Supreme Chancellors: HEM / Lethen
President: Vinage
Vice President: Seven Deaths

Grand Admiral: Common-Sense Politics
Foreign Minister: Elias Greyjoy
Culture Minister: Gustavus Adolphus Rex
Interior Minister: Drexlore Greyjoy
Citizen Integration Minister: Alexander
Attorney General: Peaceful Llamas

World Assembly Delegate: Vinage

Legislative Government

Senate

McEntire (Speaker)
Gustavus Adolphus Rex
Apollo
Drecq
Alexander
Cerian Quilor

Citizens’ Assembly Chairman: Drexlore Greyjoy

Judicial Government
Chief Justice: Vacant
Associate Justice: Skizzy Grey

Brilliant By-Election Brings Interesting Result

2646007.png

Scores Of People Confuse Themselves With The Title Of This Article

So what happens quite often after any General Election? Someone resigns - don't ask me why, it just always happens! I assume a similar situation for you? Either way finally-elected Senator Remsol Greyjoy resigned from his position after a disagreement on policy with several other individuals which opened up a vacant seat that needed filling. Bryan von Richthofen and Drecq quickly announced their intent to run for the vacant seat, both of which being reasonably new citizens. Notolecta later announced his intent to run as he sought to leave retirement behind and dust the cobwebs off him - nobody ever gets NS-fever out of their system!

Initial polls indicated a near-domination of Notolecta for the seat yet there was an undercurrent that Drecq's hard work in Citizenship Integration and Bryan's straight-away involvement in the Citizen's Assembly might slowly steal a few votes off Notolecta. Come the end of the election the polls looked like this...

25zgxec.png

A near 2-1 domination for Drecq and an almost full reversal of the expected polls! With Drecq focusing on the hard work that he had put in from day one, it captured the voters imagination and he ended up running away with it! Overall the election has taught us that Europeia will always give it's citizens who work hard and give it their all the support they deserve. Be it via an election, emotionally or through the World Assembly - the opportunity and support is always there.

Congratulations Drecq! You'll do us proud I am sure!

Written By Vinage

A New Chairman of the Citizens' Assembly

muchrejoicing.jpg

And there was much rejoicing.

The Citizens' Assembly (formerly City Council) of Europeia has a new Chairman to lead it, Drexlore Greyjoy! *a small handful of confetti is thrown in the air* Drexlore, concurrently serving as Minister of the Interior, replaces Swakistek as the head of the entry-level legislative body, which has recently undergone a major revitalization. As one of the best ways to get involved in Europeia, the Citizens' Assembly has a major membership, and oversees much of the World Assembly drafting processes, so we want to wish Drexlore the best of luck in his new role!

A Cabinet Full of Awesome

Cabinet_open_med.png

Well, sort of like that, but with more explosions.

With a new term comes a new President and his new slaves region monkeys cabinet! Here's the rag-tag band President Vinage and Vice President Seven Deaths managed to pull together for the term:

Grand Admiral of the Europeian Republican Navy: Common-Sense Politics

In a surprise turn of events, President Vinage has chosen to keep the same effective, constantly-busy Grand Admiral as last term (sarcasm, folks. Was there really any other candidate?). CSP has been working tirelessly on reinvigorating the Navy and leading multiple successful operations over the term. The ERN has seen a boost both in recruitment drives and, as an effect of the former, an increase in recruits. This is CSP's 8th appointment as Grand Admiral.

Minister of Foreign Affairs: Elias Greyjoy

Drawing on a successful term as head of the Ministry of Citizen Integration and term as Senator, Elias Greyjoy was nominated for the prestigious post of Foreign Affairs. His involvement in many regions in the world and as constant voice as a figurehead in the World Assembly Security Council makes him an excellent choice for the position.

Minister of Culture: Gustavus Adolphus Rex

GAR (lord knows when the last time was someone used his unabbreviated name!) will serve his second consecutive term as head of Culture. Gus has provided constant entertainment, news, and all-around activity for the region, and we look forward to more of the same in this term.

Minister of the Interior: Drexlore Greyjoy

"It seems those damned Greyjoys are spreading through the Europeian government like....well, something that spreads fast." -Overhead on the streetcorners near the Palatium Manor.

Drexlore Greyjoy, fresh out of a term as Senator, an active Junior Minister of Culture, and constant presence in the Europeian Broadcast Corporation has been appointed Minister for the first time in his up-and-coming career. Recruitment numbers are soaring again under his leadership, and the Recruitment League has been reborn!

Minister of Citizen Integration: Alexander

As his name implies, Alexander is a friendly, amicable sort who enjoys Mumford and Sons and long walks on the beach. In his spare time, however, he is seen overseeing the Minister of Citizen Integration, responsible for making sure new nations in Europeia are welcomed and integrated!

Written By Elias Greyjoy

p22023230.png

Statement Regarding The Greater German Reich & NS-Policy Change

In the early hours on the 2nd of January a change to the NationStates policy of malicious content was issued by [violet] on the recommendation of Max Barry after discussions between himself and A mean old man took place regarding the number of far-right regions and nations infecting NationStates. Max Barry agreed that the rule of 'obscene, illegal, threatening, malicious, defamatory, or spam' as set out in the website's FAQ were being ignored by those who were making numerous references to Nazism and, specifically, Nazi Germany.

While NationStates does not ban Nazis, or Hitler, or espousing ideological beliefs. Nations and regions which display a near like-for-like copy of Nazi Germany have been systematically deleted by the NationStates Admin' team - a process that we fully approve on and encourage. In Europeia we refuse to accept any individual as a Citizen, or Ambassador, should they have ties to either regions that promote Nazism or display support for Nazi Germany. An ideology of hate is not tolerated here in Europeia and should not be tolerated elsewhere.

Furthermore the region the Greater German Reich was raided when their founder was found guilty of the above policy change by a number of different regions and we also support those actions - our friends in The North Pacific and The Land of Kings and Emperors were involved in the initial raid and in the next few hours we will, too, commit some of our own sailors to the occupation.

Today NationStates Nazism and the promotion of Nazi Germany has been given a beautiful black eye - let us not lose this opportunity to hit Nazism and similar Hate Groups in several different regions as founders are deleted. Europeia's sailors stand ready for the call and it is time for all players, regardless of ideological bent, to band together to ensure that those affiliated with Nazi and Hate groups are permanently eliminated from the game, or at least confined to its outermost fringes.

Thank You,

4ha05y.png

On 29 December, 2012, a group of Osirian citizens with the aid of outside forces instigated a coup of Osiris, usurping the rightful Delegate and throwing the region into chaos. The legitimate government has now been restored, but approximately 500 native nations were purged from Osiris in the interim, making this coup one of the largest purges of a native population that has ever been seen in recent NationStates history. The conspiracy against the legitimate government of Osiris included noted Osirian politicians Biyah, Dalimbar, Neenee and Neo Kervoskia, who worked with external forces in order to take over the region.

Additionally it is known that the UDL was duped into participating in the coup against Osiris, playing a critical role in the success of the coup. Given the havoc the coup conspirators unleashed on the native population of Osiris, we hope and expect that any participating organization that respects the prerogatives of GCR natives will take harsh punitive actions against the incompetent individual/s or rogue/s in their midst whose actions resulted in this farce. Especially when non-GCR natives 'rights' are allegedly held at such a high standard by the UDL - one would expect the same then of GCR natives.

Europeia stands forcefully behind the right of indigenous communities in game-created regions to govern themselves, free from outside interference. On my orders, Grand Admiral Common-Sense Politics reached out to the legitimate government during the early hours following the coup to offer our assistance. Consistent with the legitimate government's wishes, we later deployed several units in aide of the restoration. Similarly, we will respect the right of the legitimate government to offer partial amnesty to the coup plotters. That decision, however, does not bind Europeia as to its own internal affairs, and we will certainly examine the status of people who participated or aided this illegal coup through their actions.

May the security restored to Osiris persist.

Thank You,

4ha05y.png

p22023230.png

Back