Embassy of Europeia

Thank you very much, Minister.

I shall appoint an ambassador very shortly and he will post this:

"I, member name, representing the region name, do hereby understand that this consulate in no way forces The North Pacific into any Military or Political Alliance or relationship. I understand that this consulate may be closed at anytime by the Minister of External Affairs for whatever reason. I hereby pledge to follow the rules and regulations of this forum. "

- Europeian Foreign Secretary

I would like to announce that Revengerous (my Junior Foreign Secretary) has been appointed by me as the new Europeian Ambassador to the North Pacific.

He will take the oath as soon as he arrives. :yes:

- Europeian Foreign Secretary

top119.jpg

Greetings! I am your Ambassador from Europeia!

My Name is Revengerous,

I look forward to further Diplomatic Relations with The North pacific. We will have and update regularly almost every week as our region progresses. I bid TNP a "GRAND WELCOME"; from Europeia, and all of its members. Here is my Oath i am to take:

I, Revengerous, representing the region Europeia, do hereby understand that this consulate in no way forces The North Pacific into any Military or Political Alliance or relationship. I understand that this consulate may be closed at anytime by the Minister of External Affairs for whatever reason. I hereby pledge to follow the rules and regulations of this forum.

Thank you guys for your time, i am an active Ambassador and will be around daily. SO if you need me just give me a call ;).

Respectfully:

Ambassador Revengerous

Ambassador Oath and Intro above ^

Here's our Latest Update:

eurorr1.png

Weekly Europeian Foreign Update

Europeia.png

Oct. 12th, 2007, 9th Congress, 9th Cabinet, 4th Senate
Population: 100 Nations
Regional Power: Moderate
UN Delegate: Paleomiz

Executive Government:
Supreme Chancellor: HEM
President: Pineapleboy
Vice President: Paleomiz
Chief Justice: Pez201
Associate Justice: Jay
Grand Admiral: HEM
Foreign Secretary: Cordova I
Culture Minister: NasalivesII
Immigration Minister: Revengerous
Provincial General: The Frenchman
Finance Minster: Acarionne
Junior Foreign Secretary: Revengerous
Junior Provincial General: Acarionne
Junior Secretaries (All other departments): Vacant

Legislative Government:
Senate Speaker: Lethen
Senators:
Lethen
Danoboy
Cordova I
Verteger
Nlhp
Paleomiz
NasalivesII

October Recruitment Drive
A big recruitment drive was called for Oct. 5th/07. Lead by the Immigration Minister, Revengerous, it was a smashing success as ten + nations were recruited, leading to the increase of nations to 100!

President Pineapleboy temporarily yields power to Vice-President Paleomiz
Due to travel commitments in real life, President Pineapleboy temporarily yielded all presidential power to his Vice-President, Paleomiz. At the time of printing of this message, Madame Paleomiz is the Acting President.

Senator Nlhp temporarily tranfers power to Supreme Chancellor HEM
In a similar story to the previous one, Senator Nlhp has temporarily tranferred his senate seat to Supreme Chancellor HEM, who will be filling in until Nlhp's return.

Department of Immigration Revamped
Immigration Minister, Revengerous, created many new systems and rules for his department. Among them include a Recruitment Hall of Fame, a Ranking System and a new telegram.

Europeia celebrates dethronement of Lord Alphanesia
The enthronement of Hampshire’s former leader, Lord Alphanesia caused tensions between Hampshire and Europeia and led to a “cold war.”
He was overthrown in something dubbed the “October Revolution” and Europeia is celebrating.

New Users to be Approved by Administration
Due to the uncivil conduct of former members Rotalsia and Lord Alphanesia, all new users must now be approved by the administration.

New Finance Minister Appointed
After a long time without a Finance Minister, Acarionne was unanimously approved by the Senate.

Hampshirean Diplomats welcomed back into Europeia
After being expelled from Europeia due to the complete cutting of diplomatic relations by a statement by the Foreign Secretary, Cordova I, Hampshirean diplomats have been cordially asked to return, since LA is no longer in power. The Office of Foreign Affairs looks forward to the renewing and strengthening of diplomatic relations.

Family Tree
After adoption of family members by most Europeian citizens, most Europeian citizens are now related to one another.

Monthly Magazine Started
There is new media in town. A new magazine has been started by Revengerous. It will contain Europeian political news and much more.

An official message from the Europeian Office of Foreign Affairs
Written by: Cordova I, Europeian Foreign Secretary

Congratulations on hitting the 100 nations mark.

For a small region you guys seem to have a very advanced government. And I love the flair on the posts.

Special Issue for the North pacific of E-Leaders our new Political Magazine:

Issue 1.
ubda8378nk0.gif
OCTOBER 2007​
magazine8696022.jpg

Chief Editor: Revengerous
Co-Editor: Danoboy

Special Thanks to;

Cordova
HEM
Verteger
NasalivesII

Contents:

Cover Page: HEM, looking into the beyond.
Photo Courtecy of  Europeia © 2007 Picture Studios
Page 1: HEM Leader of the Month
Page 2: Hampshire and how justice is served
page 3: Verteger's an Paleomiz Wedding
Page 4: Special Interview with Cordova I
Page 5: Spam and More Spam
Page 6:  Regional Adds
Page 7: Bonus Crossword
Page 8: HEM Haunting Contest
Page9: Letter to the Editor
Back Cover: Picture of LA Addvertising our Wonderful Spam.
Photo Courtecy of  Europeia © 2007 Picture Studios

Page 1.

av1tl9.jpg

HEM- Leader of the Month
Written By Revengerous with Intro From HEM.

Over the Course of the Months, and since the beginning of Europeia's time, we cannot forget to pay tribute to our Past President, Founder, and Current Admiral & Supreme Chancellor. He has Offered more than a beginning to us; and a home. HEM came forth after being chosen to pose for the Cover of E-Leaders magazine, and gave a brief statement:

Intro from HEM:

"I started my NS carrier a little over a year ago in a region called "The League of Dictatorships" that I founded. The region died and I tried to found another which never took off too well. Later I founded Europeia with the intent of starting a democracy. I feel a good leader has to be fair and always try to help new nations and be kind to all people who are kind to you. I feel I have started to more from a passive leader to an assertive. TC controls Hampshire now and I like TC so situation over!"

REV SAY's:

"He has so much to offer Europeia, and he is always yet giving back to the people. Ever since I came here, he has been the most polite Member I have ever seen. I have seen him on countless times step in when he needed to, take for instance: The Episode with Rot and LA. They kept on creating new members and spamming up our chatbox. So HEM took it upon himself as a duty to take charge and fix the problem! He has excellent skills, as for his experience I can say nothing, except he has it."

Article Editor 2: So in the little time you have known HEM what would be the most memorable time from now till you got here?

REV SAYS:

"Hmmm... he most memorable time??....Well I guess it would have to be when LA tried to put me on trial for spamming the Senate forums, and HEM convinced me to stay; and got me to see what an idiot LA was and still is. You will find HEM can convince anyone of anything, even if they need convincing that they where a purple Monkey."

Article Editor 2: Is there any word you can give to describe HEM, maybe even a Quote from him that comes to mind?

REV SAYS:

"Godly...I know most wouldn’t agree, but he's the man pulling the strings out here. Let’s see.....a quote eh??? hmmm...... how about: "I hate Rot and LA so much for trying to kill our community here" Shows how much he cares for our region."

NASALIVESII SAYS:

"He's a great leader and a Wonderful Chancellor"

With That Said we conclude our months Leader, we give our Congrats and our thanks to HEM for all he Does for Europeia: LONG LIVE EUROPEIA! LONG LIVE HEM!

Page 2.
Hampshire, and How Justice Prevails
Written By: Danoboy

2005_war_of_the_worlds_659.jpg

As we look back onto people who have caused this region of Europeia harm, one cannot help but to think of a man, under the name of Lord Alphanesia. LA (as some might call him) has been banned from Europeia for causing all sorts of hell, and annoying members. Then it got much worse. LA took over a region called Hampshire, and started a new royal family. Hampshire had just become under the control of a dictator. A little knows organization at the time, called the Europeian Intelligence Agency (EIA) was called upon to take LA out of power.

The EIA got quickly to work, collecting data on Lord Alphanesia, and starting the process of removing him from power. After only a few weeks, the EIA got its chance, and took down LA. Both Europeia and Hampshire were ecstatic that the tyrant had fallen. An official Press Release from the EIA shortly followed:

“Ladies and Gentlemen of Europeia,

The Europeian Intelligence Agency (Or EIA as some of you may know it as) has been working endlessly to ensure the safety of Europeia and its peoples. Today, I bring news of success, news of liberation from a person we know all too well as Lord Alphanesia. LA has brought terror over the region of Hampshire, by taking over the government from HEM, as “the rightful king”. The EIA has been tracking LA, and has put in measures to take down him regime, and has succeeded. This is why I stand before you today. Ladies and Gentlemen, LA IS DOWN!”

Shortly after, the acting Prime Minister of Hampshire posted a speech about the revolution:

“Hello Europeia.

As you know, I am Prime Minister Solimaria of Hampshire. I, and many others including HEM, have succeeded in overthrowing the King and Queen and placing Goldfarb as ruler of Hampshire.

Although I led this revolution, I could not do it alone.

Anywho, now that the tyrant is gone, and liberty has won, I plan to announce that the new rulers will be firmly opposed to war with Europeia. Infact, I quite like you guys. Certainly much of the trouble between us was the King.

I would add that Hampshire needs you.

Alphanesia may have contacts and friends. People in other regions. I need your support, through arms and activity, to protect this new government.

I really want to let the world know something in Hampshire.

So, I come before you with a request for a pledge to aid us and to let you know that life is good in Hampshire, once again.

Thank you!

Viva le October Revolution!!

Solimaria."

About a week after the successful October Revolution, Tiberius Capurcium returned to take back the throne that was his. LA also was unbanned, but only as a Citizen. No one knows the future holds for Europeia and Hampshire.

Page 3.

wedding_179.jpg
untitled-11.jpg

THE VERT AND PALEO WEDDING!

Verteger one of our senators has announced himself getting married to Paleomiz the Vice President and UN Delegate of Europeia! Verteger and Paleo first met about September, the same day that Vert Returned to Europeia. "An odd coincidence" he adds ”the day he returned from hiding from AC pirates". They got along quite well the first time they met, of course he "Verteger" was introducing himself to everyone new at the time, "Paleo was the first actually, now that I recall..." Vert said thoughtfully. The Marriage was actually planned the morning of October 13th. The Marriage will actually take place on the Fourteenth after the President Pine returns from his slumber. The Wedding will take place "Ritualy" in the Temple Forums, of course everyone’s invited! Verteger says he is looking toward a happy life with Paleo. "Aren’t we all?" he says. As Europeia's members look forward to this grand Wedding we are reminded to send Gifts to the Beloved couple threw the spam area, long may they cherish their life’s.

INVITATION TO ALL MEMBERS OF EUROPEIA!!

TO: The Wedding of Verteger and Paleomiz
Date: October 14th 2007, Sunday.
Where: Temple Forum Drive

SEND GIFTS TO THE SPAM AREA PLEASE!

Page 4.

Legolas.jpg

SPECIAL INTERVIEW WITH:
CORDOVA I

Questioned By: Danoboy

Hello Mr. Cordova I

1.) Q: Can you give us some information on the activity of the embassies?

A: oh...o well....ours are somewhat active, I’ve been checking.

2.) Q: What do you feel is getting done?

A: It's mostly just bureaucratic stuff, and being friendly to regions that are similar to us in goals and values. Extending our reach in other regions (as in having others get to know us better)

3.) Q: what do you feel is not getting done?

A: Well, sometimes it's not our fault but there are times that other regions are inactive and that makes it very hard for us to have diplomatic relations. Another thing: perhaps we could be closer to other regions but that would entail a lot of officials and dignitaries, and it'd have to go through our senate, their senate.

4.) Q: Can you give us a small statement about Hampshire closing their Embassy?

LA: LA forcibly closed our embassy in Europeia and tried to blackmail me, he said that we could have it both if HEM apologized. And I felt it was beneath my dignity to even pass on that message to HEM. LA also threw, me, nasa and hem in jail in Hampshire without any evidence whatsoever.

I closed the Hampshirean embassy in Europeia in response to LA closing ours in Hampshire as well as the Hampshire avoidance act, which was passed in the Senate and required us to cut off all diplomatic relations with Hampshire

5.) Q: If you if where in the shoes of the original leader of Hampshire, what would have done?

A: I would have tried to appeal to my friends for help, as well as battle it out with the usurper. I mean, it's rightfully mine so I wouldn't just give up, not that the original leader had.

6.) Q: Can you give us an overview on how you feel The Foreign department is helping the Government?

A: Well, the department of foreign affairs plays an integral role in the government: without friends in the world, a region could not survive. There are several real life situations, such as North Korea, for example. They tried to cut everyone out and it’s not working for them.
Secondly,

International diplomacy is the cornerstone of civilized regions and the department of foreign affairs is the vehicle through which such diplomacy is practiced.

Thank you for your time Mr. Cordova I.

Page 5.

CAN-SPAM.gif

SPAM, SPAM, AND MORE SPAM!!!

If you haven’t noticed Spam is becoming increasingly popular this month! With over 3,000 posts or more in the spam Forums, spam is becoming a "Drug" of "Recreational Use" for all members both new and Old. 

According to the Spam King "Pez" no-one can keep up with his spamming or take his spam Throne from him. To test this theory I Revengerous Joined in on spam October 13th 2007 early in the morning while Pez Began...

After it seemed like I finished one spam post out raised five more from Pez. We continued to spam from 3:32 am to 5:45 am racking up post numbers along the way..

I couldn’t figure out his "Tennis Ball Powers" (inside joke), or how his computer was going so fast, but I admit he's good!

And it seemed as hard as i tried the Spam king had me running left and right. There was no way i could keep up. Eventually it got to a point where after i posted 1, seven was done By Pez!!

Well if this doesn’t prove He's the spam king I Don’t know what will. 
If you wish to join in on spam, well you have yourself up for a treat, there's plenty of it!! 

But beware the spam King!!

spam.jpg

Asian Invasion!

Page 6.
REGIONAL ADDS

WANNA PLACE AN ADD? PM DANOBOY OR REV!

Immigrations Department!

-Seeks a Junior Immigrations Secretary to assist in help keeping the place organized.
- No Expereince Required
-Apply In person
-YOU MUST BE DEDICATED!!

Become a Recruiter today! Help Build the Mother Region!
-Apply in the Office of Immigrations.

man_the_guns.jpg

SECRET KILLING SOCIETY

-Seeks the death of a most wanted member: LA
-REWARD IS: $250,000
-Must have head upon recieval of cash, or some form or reconizations that LA is Indeed Dead.

-Please send Head to the Co-Editor or Cheif Editor Of this Magazine!

Page 7.
BONUS CROSSWORD

untitled-12.jpg

Page 8.

HEM HAUNTING CONTEST!
ghosts.jpg

HEM SAYS:

The spirits of dead nations will now haunt Europeia. But for how long? You must find the graveyards that are in a hidden category on the forum and rest these spirits once and for all. The link to the graveyard is somewhere on the forum.

Happy Hunting!

OOC: If these ghosts cause any function problems with the forum let me know

REWARD:  The person who calls in first to dano or rev upon finding it gets a limited edition Spam Cepter!! we wont show the pict here but you will also be hosted as the "Winner" with your name in the next issue of E-Leaders!

Page 9.
Letter to the Editor!

Do you have a question that needs answering or an issue in Europeia that needs addressed? Then fear not! write a letter to the Editor! Dano and Rev will answer all your questions!

WRITE TO THE EDITORS TODAY!

Back Cover.

The Next Issue for November comes out on the 2nd. Me and Dano will have it done this week in our Magazine Base Forum. This next issue will be the largest yet, and a Special Edition. Enjoy :)

RVS

Unfortunately, Ambassador Rev has resigned. I shall appoint someone to replace him shortly. Thanks for your understanding.

Look at all the Gates slime...

eurorr1.png

Europeia.png

Oct. 23rd, 2007, 9th Congress, 9th Cabinet, 4th Senate
Population: 110 Nations

Executive Government:
Vice President: Paleomiz
Culture Minister: NasalivesII
Immigration Minister: Revengerous
Finance Minster: Acarionne

Legislative Government:
Senators:
Lethen
Danoboy
Cordova I
Verteger
Nlhp
Paleomiz
NasalivesII

Europeia celebrates marriage!
In a lavish ceremony, Verteger and Paleomiz were married on Oct.13th, 2007. Europeia wishes them a lifetime of happiness together!

Presidential Candidates
Even though elections are still a month away, two citizens have announced their candidacies: Paleomiz and Revengerous. We wish them both the best of luck.

Hauntings
In celebration of Halloween, Tweedy installed a few ghosts around the forum. They mysteriously disappeared after a few days.

Diplomatic Relations cut with the Equatorial Alliance
Senator Verteger accidentally deleted the forum of the EA and after apologizing, the head of the EA still would not forgive him. He accused Europeia of harbouring him and blames all of Europeia for the actions of one dual citizen. Diplomatic relations were then cut off.

Europeian Navy in Action
In recent days, the Grand Europeian Navy saw plenty of action. The Grand Admiral, HEM, dispatched troops to help the North Pacific defeat Gatesville after Gatesville seized the delegacy of TNP. Also, the Navy was dispatched to help defend the Empire of Great Britain.

City Council Act
A new act of the Senate will allow non-senators to serve on the City Council. This body will allow citizens of Europeia to bring bills forth to the Senate and a stronger say in regional legislation. HEM was elected the first Mayor of the City Council. As part of the legislation, Senators are not permitted to serve on the Council as it would negate the purpose.

An official message from the Europeian Office of Foreign Affairs

eurorr1.png

Europeia.png

Nov.5th/07, 9th Congress, 9th Cabinet, 4th Senate
Population: 97 Nations
UN Delegate: Helpfulboots/nlhp

Executive Government:
Vice President: Vacant
Associate Justice: HEM
Grand Admiral: HEM (retiring)
Culture Minister: Gladius
Immigration Minister: Vacant
Finance Minster: Vacant

Legislative Government:
Senators:
Lethen
Danoboy
Cordova I
Verteger
Nlhp
Vacant
NasalivesII

Vice-President Paleomiz resigns and leaves Europeia!
This is a very sad day for Europeia, the end of an era and the end of a golden age.

Presidential/Senatorial Campaigns
The campaigns have started one month early and there are many more senate candidates than before. In the presidential, the leaders of public opinion polls are Lethen and Danoboy. Elections are called for Nov. 23

Cabinet Shuffle
Revengerous has resigned as Minister of Immigration, Acarionne was removed as Junior Provincial General and Finance Minister, HEM is retiring from his position as Grand Admiral. Gladius was appointed the new Culture Minister after NasalivesII resigned.

Rev’s Case against Paleomiz
After opening a case of high treason against Paleomiz, Revengerous’ case was dismissed by the Chief Justice Pez201 for lack of evidence.

New forum members joined Europeia

HEM has a new talkshow, a news show that discusses Europeian politics

Hyanygo stirs up controversy for opening up three court cases against three different people, including the Chief Justice

eurorr1.png

Europeia.png

Nov.26th/07, 10th Congress, 10th Cabinet, 5th Senate
Population: 98 Nations
Lt. UN Delegate: Helpfulboots/Nlhp

Executive Government:
Vice Supreme Chancellor: Lethen
President: Lethen
Vice President: Danoboy
Grand Admiral: Allied Alliances
Culture Minister: Pope Lexus X
Immigration Minister: Paleomiz
Provincial General: NasalivesII
Mayor of City Council: NasalivesII
Junior Secretary (Foreign Affairs): Paleomiz
Co-Junior Foreign Secretary (Foreign Affairs): NasalivesII
Junior Secretaries (All departments): Vacant

Legislative Government:
Senate Speaker: Pending
Senators:
Lethen
Danoboy
Cordova I
Solimaria
HEM
Pope Lexus X
Pineapleboy

Elections!
This time around, the race for both branches of government was very close. Lethen is now the President, by a vote for 8-7 over Danoboy. Danoboy becomes the Vice-President.
The Senate vote was also very close and the above seven members were elected.

Tie-Breaker for President
Due to an error in the votes, the Presidential race is tied at 8 to 8. According to the constitution, the former Senate would have to vote to break the tie. The Senate voted and Lethen is still President.

Active University
The University is once again active! After the Culture Minister threatened to sack professors if they did not start posting soon, Biology, Space Exploration, NS History as well as NS Debate Class are back in session.

Harry Potter Mania!
To spice things up, Founder HEM has decided to put us all into “houses,” similar to those in the Harry Potter series and each house would earn points. There would be competitions and fun galore!

Treasury and Finance Minister Position Abolished
After a vote in the Senate, the Treasury and the Finance Minister Position have been abolished. Citizens realized that an economy would not work in Europeia.

New Cultural Event
Former Culture Minister Gladius has made a Gladiator Arena and an Emu Temple for our enjoyment. The new Culture Minister Pope Lexus X has created a new event called the Winter Festival. We are all looking forward to that.

Population
Remains stable

Official Update from the Europeian Office of Foreign Affairs

eurorr1.png

Europeian Foreign Update

Europeia.png

Dec.8th/07, 10th Congress, 10th Cabinet, 5th Senate

Executive Government:
Provincial General: NasalivesII
Mayor of City Council NasalivesII

Legislative Government:
Senate Speaker: Pineapleboy
Senators:
Lethen
Danoboy
Cordova I
Solimaria
HEM
Pope Lexus X
Pineapleboy

City Council Issue
City Councillors protested that the Senate should not have the power to legislate the Council. The Senate responded that every government body needs to have checks and balances and that while the Council should remain autonomous, it should be subjected to the same system as every other branch of government. After a period of stand-off, the compromise was to expand the number of Senate seats from 7-8 so that the Mayor of City Council could have one vote in Senate to represent the majority will of Councillors.

Leisure and Entertainment District
This district has been revitalized thanks to the efforts of HEM. The General section was changed to the Republic Square, the Pub has been replaced by the Property District, where light roleplay is done and a financial game has been established. This game is similar to Europeia’s economy where citizens open a bank account and create their own shops and stores.

Senate Proposal: Constitution Convention Act
An important bill introduced in the Senate has been declared and signed into law by President Lethen. This Act will ensure that Europeia will always be introspective by having constitutional examinations annually. The Act will require the Senate to be disbanded for a few days in March of every year so that any amendments to the Constitution (and perhaps even an entire revamping of it) can be made.

Europeia’s Knightly Order
A new organization is in town! Introduced and founded by Senator Pope Lexus X, The Order of Aries is Europeia’s own Knightly Order. This society’s purpose is to promote and maintain a certain standard of integrity and honour in NS, based upon a code of ethics. Knights will train squires (new members) in the ways of NS.

Family tree: the all-Father Anumia’s Visit
Anumia, patriarch of the families of many regions, including Europeia, is here for a visit. He is updating the Family Tree and is welcomed here with open arms.

News ticker back
After a period of absence, the administrators have decided to bring back the News ticker at the top of the forum. The ticker welcomes new members, as well as advertise for the Navy, recruitment, University and the Europeian Foreign Service.

Europeian Winter Festival
The Europeian Winter Festival is in full swing after having been announced by the Culture Minister, Pope Lexus X. Contests include trivia, film, writing and a People’s Choice Award show.

Population
Is now back to 100!

Official Update from the Europeian Department of Foreign Affairs

eurorr1.png

Europeia.png

Dec.20th/07, 10th Congress, 10th Cabinet, 5th Senate

Executive Government:
Vice-Supreme Chancellor: Pineapleboy
Provincial General: Vacant

Legislative Government:
Senators:
Lethen
Danoboy
Cordova I
Vacant
HEM
Pope Lexus X
Pineapleboy

City Council Disbanded
The Senate voted to disband the City Council, noting all the controversy and grief that it was causing. The general population agreed with its abolition.

Resignations and By-election
Due to RL and other commitments, NasalivesII resigned from his post as the Provincial General as well as Mayor of City Council. Paleomiz was Deputy Mayor so she succeeded NasalivesII. She resigned shortly thereafter and the City Council was abolished.
Senator Solimaria resigned from the Senate and a by-election was held to fill his vacant seat. Among the candidates are Anumia, Paleomiz and Delvetia.
After a brief stint as Provincial General, Royal Mayorga has resigned.

New political parties Established
Due to the need for more competition among political parties, two new parties have been founded: the People’s Progressive Party by Peaceful Llmas and the Europeian Vocational Party by Pope Lexus X.

Winter festival
As the Winter Festival draws to a close, the Europeian People’s Choice Awards results are the highlight and the talk of the town. Sunday is the official closing ceremony and the results for the rest of the contests will be announced then.

Republica University
The University is once again very active after a long period of stagnation. New classes and professors were added, such as Music Class taught by Professor Pananida and Language Class taught by Proffessor Cordova I. The University is also implementing a new degree system, decided by Dean Nlhp and the faculty after a faculty meeting. This new system awards academic degrees and certificates to students who complete five assignments and have satisfactorily understood the material.

Nlhp Re-elected Dean
As per university protocol, the dean is elected every 30 days. Nlhp stood for re-election and was unanimously chosen to remain as dean. We wish him all the best.

New Treaty with the New Inquisition
After negotiations with the New Inquisition, Europeia is successfully pushing forth a military, intelligence and overall friendship treaty in the Senate with the New Inquisition. This will bring our two regions even closer together.

Medals for Members of the Foreign Service
Foreign Secretary Cordova I has decided to introduce a system to honour members of the Foreign Service. Different ranks of stars and crosses will be awarded to those who serve the Department with integrity, merit and loyalty. A special awards category exists as well.

Population
Still stable.

eurorr1.png

Europeian Foreign Update

Europeia.png

Dec.30th/07, 10th Congress, 10th Cabinet, 5th Senate

Executive Government
Senate Clerk: Paleomiz

Legislative Government
Senators:
Lethen
Danoboy
Cordova I
Anumia
HEM
Pope Lexus X
Pineapleboy

Provincial General Position Abolished
After a series of inactive and ineffectual Provincial Generals, the Senate has voted to disband the position and Ministry, due also to Europeia’s small number of colonies.

LA destroys Eurowiki
The notorious Lord Alphanesia has destroyed a section of Europeia’s wiki. After being banished from Europeia for high treason and lying dormant for a while, he is back to his old ways.

Royal Mayorga ejected
Royal Mayorga, also known as King Cordova I among numerous other aliases, has been ejected and banned from the region for conspiracy and treason against the Foreign Secretary by plotting to take the position as well as for importing friends from real life to support him for President.
After refusing to listen to more senior members to not run for President after being in the region for a mere three weeks, he publicly posted a thread saying that he planned to usurp the Foreign Secretary’s position. A court case was started against him, but he left the forum and as ejected from the region.
Good Riddance!
Fortunately, a new law is being debated in the Senate to deal with troublemakers.

Ordimus/Tom apologizes for Deletion of Libertia’s Forum
After deleting Libertia’s forum, Ordimus/Tom has come to Europeia to apologize. He was met with much hostility and fury from dual Europeian-Libertian citizens as his reason for doing so (that the forum was inactive) was not seen as a valid excuse.

Paleo’s B-day
We would like to wish Immigration Minister Paleomiz a very happy birthday!

New Place for Creativity
There is now a new place for talented Europeian writers to display their work: The Writer’s Athenaeum. Divided into fiction and non-fiction, the place provides many different stories for the enjoyment of readers.

Senate By-election
Due to Solimaria’s resignation from the Senate, a by-election was held. Congratulations to Anumia for winning!

Debate on RMB
A regular debate will now occur on the regional message board to stimulate discussion. This week’s topic: Is abortion right or wrong?

Population
Remains stable.

eurorr1.png

Europeian Foreign Update
Europeia.png

Jan. 15th/08, 10th Congress, 10th Cabinet, 5th Senate
Population: 101 Nations
Regional Power: High
Lt. UN Delegate: Nlhp

Executive Government
Junior Ministers (Foreign Affairs): Paleomiz
Junior Ministers (All other departments): Vacant

Legislative Government
Deputy Senate Speaker: Danoboy63
Senate Clerk: Paleomiz
Senators:
Lethen
Danoboy63
Cordova I
Anumia
HEM
Pope Lexus X
Pineapleboy

Elections!
With only a week to go before elections take place, candidates have already begun to campaign. Representing the Centralist Party as running mates are the incumbent President Lethen the Supreme Chancellor HEM running for the Presidency and Vice-Presidency respectively. The opposition consists of former President Pineapleboy and Senator Danoboy as independents on the same ticket.
The Senate consists of many of the same faces running.

Presidential Debate
For the second time, a presidential debate is held, grilling the candidates on hot topics such as recruitment, foreign affairs, disciplining troublemakers, the military and the economy. Moderated by Minister Pope Lexus X, the debate greatly helps citizens in differentiating the positions of the candidates on important issues.

Libertia lives!
Europeia is overjoyed that its brother region Libertia has been revived by founder Solimaria. Embassies have already been exchanged and we wish them the best of luck in their rebuilding efforts.

HEM’s Birthday
Europeia would like to wish our founder HEM a very happy birthday! Celebrations are already underway at Supreme Chancellor HEM’s residence.

Republica University suffers decline
Perhaps due to school starting again after the holidays for many of our fine citizens, the University has recently experienced a severe drop in activity. Dean Nlhp is attempting to revive it and has given professors 14 days to post new lessons or face termination.

NS…waning?
Recently, there have been concerns that NS may be losing its popularity and on the decline. A delegation headed by Supreme Chancellor HEM attended a conference on such a matter.

Regional Power hits high!
For the first time in Europeian history, our regional power has hit high!

Population
Due to a lack of recruiters and recruitment efforts by Europeian citizens, the population dropped dangerously low: below 100 for the first time in many months. It is now stable at 101 nations.

eurorr1.png

Europeian Foreign Update
Europeia.png

March 16 2008, 11th Congress, 11th Cabinet, 6th Senate
Population: 107 Nations
UN Delegate: Cordova I
Lt. UN Delegate: Vacant

Executive Government
Vice President: Pineapleboy
Chief Justice: Anumia
Foreign Secretary: Pez201
Culture Minister: Bradshaw the Sceptic
Immigration Minister: Vacant
Junior Ministers (Foreign Affairs): Peaceful Llamas, Antallica
Junior Ministers (All other departments): Don Corlene

Legislative Government
Senate Speaker: Cordova I
Assembly Chair: Desakar
Senators:
Gen. Amarov
Don Corlene
Cordova I
Nlhp
Pez201
Peaceful Llamas
Pineapleboy

IN THE NEWS:

General Amorov leaves
General Amorov has left Europeia, resigning from all posts. An election to determine his successor in the Senate will be held shortly.

Post-a-thon!
A post-a-thon was declared for Friday the 14th, the aim being to get 2000 posts on the forum in 24 hours. Although there was a lot of posting, the target was not met...

Passed laws
The Senate has passed three laws since the last foreign update, and made one amendment to an existing law. The Culture Minister Act (2007) was amended, removing the positions of Roleplay Master and Head of Spam. The Naval Specifications Act was passed in regards to the ranks in the Europeian Navy, making them similar to RL navies. The Senate Protocol and Decorum Act sets down in writing the behaviour that is expected of Senators when debating. While there is hardly a problem with the behaviour of Europeian Senators, no laws regarding behaviour in the Senate have existed up until now. The Renaming Act eliminates the confusion that sometimes arises in regards to how bills and acts are named.

EUROPEIAN CULTURE

Total forum posts: 39, 130

Top ten posters:
Lethen 5,382
HEM 5,322
Pez201 3,131
Paleomiz 2,443
Cordova I 2,331
Pineapleboy 1,921
Danoboy63 1,837
Hyanygo 1,015
nasalivesII 942
Anumia 871

Overtaken!

Lethen has overtaken HEM in the post count.

Role-play

A role-play, based on the idea of a revolution in Europeia, was started several days ago on the forum. It lasted for a little while, but became inactive. :(

Written by: Pez201, Europeian Foreign Secretary.

Dear Friends,

We, of Europeia, would like to extend this invitation to your region and government. The event in question is a conference on the economies in NationStates, the viability of forum-based economies, strengths, and weaknesses. More may be added to the agenda at the behest of others. Anyone may attend that you choose to send, although we prefer that you RSVP by June 22; the Conference itself is being held from June 23 to June 26.

To RSVP, simply PM Lethen on our forums or tell us in your embassy. Further information will be provided.

Thank you for your time,

Foreign Minister Lethen

eurorr1.png

Europeian Foreign Update
Europeia.png

June 30th, 2008, 13th Congress, 13th Cabinet, 8th Senate
Population: 170 Nations
WA Delegate: Cordova I
Lt. WA Delegate: Vacant

Executive Government
Vice-Supreme Chancellor: Pez201
President: Nlhp
Vice President: Cordova I
Foreign Secretary: Lethen
Culture Ministers: Fioteria/NeoHabighorst
Immigration Minister: Asianatic

Legislative Government

Senators:
Cordova I (Sr.)
Danoboy63 (Sr.)
Neohabighorst (Jr.)
Lethen (Sr.)
Linkin Maximus (Jr.)
Pez201 (Jr.)
Pineapleboy (Sr.)

Europeian forum link

Trouble at the Old Mill

By Junior Foreign Secretary Peaceful Llamas

A controversy has recently been sparked by comments made by Norsefire Party Chairman, Solimaria. His very heated speech concerned inactivity in the region. During the speech, he reiterated many times that Europeia is “boring”. He lambasted many aspects of Europeia, saying that Foreign Affairs was a joke and that recruitment was a failure. He also said that the President must do something, as he says,
because I am asleep in my chair here and you know I am not alone.
Here are some exerts from his speech:
Frankly, I am tired of no debate. I am tired of a President who fails to recognize the amazing newcomers like NeoHabighorst and Atikva and Asianatic. I am tired of a leadership that dismisses its own ministers at a rapid race. We have had almost a revolving door in the minstries. One goes in, then comes out. And so forht.
I am tired of tunning onto the forums and finding nothing is happening. I am tired of the lack of initiative. I am tired of seeing Europeia become the most boring, politiically correct place ever. What happened to great leadership that inspired us into patriotism? What happened to great leadership that stood up to the bad guys? What happened to Europeia being the haven for every democracy loving intellectual?

He was quickly criticized for his comments, often passionately, by other citizens. Many of them said that he had not been in Europeia long enough to make such judgments on activity, claiming that the region is actually very active in comparison to a few months ago.
(The speech and reaction can be found here)

Solimaria later apologized or his words, saying that it was out of his character to speak so.
(It can be found here)

Sovereign Regions Alliance Treaty Organization

By Foreign Minister Lethen

After much debate, the Europeian Senate has passed the Treaty of Cornwall, which makes Europeia a member of SRATO, the Sovereign Regions Alliance Treaty Organization, along with The New Inquisition, Great Britain and Ireland, and The Last Kingdom. The treaty, offered to Europeia by The New Inquisition, brought along with it plenty of division.

The proponents of the treaty, such as Foreign Minister Lethen, argued that now would be the best time to join while re-affirming that this treaty would strengthen ties with two current Europeian allies while also opening the available route to improve relations more with The Last Kingdom. It was also noted that an up-and-coming region such as Europeia could learn from the two senior members of SRATO, The New Inquisition and Great Britain and Ireland, both of which are veteran NationStates regions.

Those against the treaty, most notably Chief Justice Julian Anumia, argued that such a super-alliance would be doomed to failure as so many before it; it was also believed that the most effective method for improving relations would be many bi-lateral treaties, because unlike super-alliances, bi-lateral treaties would not potentially limit a region to selective thinking and limited relations (which was, as Julian Anumia argued, the case with The Land of Kings and Emperors in the Congress of Sovereigns super-alliance).

However, taking into consideration both sides of the argument, the Europeian Senate passed the Treaty of Cornwall with a few Ayes and many Abstains. Shortly thereafter, the treaty was signed by the President as well as Foreign Minister Lethen and Supreme Chancellor HEM.

Debacle in Venice!

By Foreign Minister Lethen

A few weeks ago, the Europeian Navy occupied the region of Venice as part of a training mission. The founder was dead, the last post on the regional message board was from 34 days ago, and the World Assembly Delegate, when online, made no claim to power in Venice nor did they claim to hold any sort of leadership position. All of those above factors made Grand Admiral HEM and his command staff agree that such a move would not attract unwanted attention, either from anti-Europeian regions or defender alliances. That proved to not be the case.

Over the course of a week to a week and a half, Senator Dodd and the Europeian Navy repelled three separate attacks; the fourth attack, spear-headed by 10000 Islands, managed to break through the lines and re-take Venice. However, the elected World Assembly Delegate was not active enough to eject the Europeian Navy, and the "defenders" soon decided to appoint their own Delegate. Using this time to their advantage, Grand Admiral HEM and Foreign Minister Lethen, among other Europeian officials, marshalled support to re-take Venice. Support was received from many allies and friendly regions, most notably The New Inquisition and Great Britain and Ireland (SRATO members), but the next wave of reinforcements was not enough or did not have a chance to reach the region in time.

At the peak of the Battle of Venice, before the "defender" Delegate began ejecting Europeian and allied naval vessels, the "defender" Delegate had 39 endorsements while the Europeian Navy point, Senator Dodd, has 27 endorsements with more on the way from undisclosed friendly regions and allies. The Europeian Navy and Grand Admiral HEM maintain that Venice was a victory, as three times out of four the attackers were repelled, while the "defenders", consisting of 10000 Islands backed up by the FRA, to name the two preeminent powers, maintain that a region doesn't win if they win three battles but lose the war (Note: There is no war going on between the FRA, 10000 Islands, and Europeia).

Grand Admiral HEM had this to say on the Regional Message Board, summing up his view of the battle and the "defender" attackers:

Senator Dodd/Grand Admiral HEM:
Lol, I will say what defenders are. Hypocrites.

Reason being? There was no region 'trying to make it' it was a dead region with a three week inactive delegate with the last RMB board post from 34 days ago. If anything we saved the region because now attention is directed toward it.

No, I am not a sore loser, mainly because no-one has proved my argument wrong. Instead you come and preach on how mean and terrible I am because I became the delegate of a dead region *sigh*. And no, my region was different, because we cared enough to have an active delegate.

Let me highlight this point again. Or rather, ask it in the form of a question. How is invading a dead region hurting it? If anything the region has a small chance of gaining and really no chance of losing anything. If there is no active forum or RMB government, which the delegate beforehand admitted there wasn't any government and he did not consider himself any kind of 'leader' in the region. If there was NO leader, and no process to elect/appoint a new one, then how is it morally wrong to make yourself the region?

Onward, Lhaestaq, if you are not interested in what I have to say I have one word for you--Good--The feeling is 100% mutual. Your going to hear me anyway.

Neanbear, It annoys me the most when one person in a group says something and I respond, and another person in the group says "we don't do that" or anything in that form.

Skull Valley Tribe said:

"We'll see which is the mightier if you ever try to retake Venice"

I was responding to that. If you don't know what I am talking about feel free to ignore me instead of inflating your 'fenda ego and ranting on an on about my state of mind well being.

Love you all,

-HEM

At this time, the Europeian government would like to extend a thank you to all those regions who aided us in the effort to re-take Venice, as well as a congratulations to those regions who prevented the re-taking of Venice (as well as a recommendation to look up Europeian Naval military policy ;) ). Overall, this demonstrates that the powers of medium- to large-scale military organization in NationStates are not dead, and that NationStates can still have notable battles without a massive landslide in favor of one side.

Written by: Lethen, Europeian Foreign Secretary.

eurorr1.png

Europeian Foreign Update
Europeia.png

August 1th, 2008, 13th Congress, 13th Cabinet, 8th Senate
Population: 170 Nations
WA Delegate: Cordova I

Executive Government
Vice President: Danoboy63
Culture Ministers: NeoHabighorst

Legislative Government

Senate Speaker: Cordova I
Senate Chief of Staff: Asianatic
Senators:
HEM (CP)
Renposa (CP)
Atikva (ECP)
Lethen (ECP)
Pineapleboy (IND)
Pez201 (IND)
Cordova I (IND)

(CP) = Centrist Party
(ECP) = Europeian Conservative Party
(IND) = Independent Faction

Election results
General Elections in Europeia for the Senate and the Presidency were held on 20/21 July (depending on where you live in the world)

Lethen, Pineapleboy, Pez201 and Cordova I were re-elected, HEM was elected, and Atikva and Renposa were elected for the first time and are now serving their first terms in the Senate. Nlhp was duly re-elected for his third consecutive term as Europeian President, with Danoboy63 as his VP.

SRATO Alliance
Europeia has entered the SRATO Alliance with her closest friends, the regions of Great Britian & Ireland, The Last Kingdom and The New Inquisition. The Alliance will provide protection for all four member nations.

Nothing like a haXor...
Europeia (momentarily) went into a frenzy when a user named "Le_then" (not the actual user named "Lethen", or course) posted on the forums in very poor English, making some citizens worried that he might be one of Europeia's enemies who had hacked into the forum. Eventually when the fur stopped flying it was found to be HEM, everyone had a good ROFL and it was noted that the posting activity in Europeia was higher on that day then it had been for any other day in the past month.

Party (in)activity
The Norsefire has had (another) name change and become the "Europeian Conservative Party", while the Vocational Party, headed by Pope Lexus X, is highly inactive but still maintains it's place as a political party.

Regional Societies
Europeian regional societies: Pride International, The Citizen's Voice Committee, The Europeian Society of Potheads and The Somilaria Centre for Public Policy have all been inactive for over a month. Europeian citizens with flame throwers and chainsaws await the closing of all four societies.

New position created
The position of Senate Chief of Staff has been created to help the Senate speaker with his duties, and Asianatic was appointed to the position.

Cordova I: lo...You know me...I like my bureaucracy just as much as you do! Plus I need an assistant!
Cordova I: lo...You know me...I like my bureaucracy just as much as you do! Plus I need an assistant!
HEM: You like it so much you posted it twice!

:P

Laws passed by the Europeian Senate since the last update (June 30):
The Christmas Act, passed July 6 2008
This act makes Christmas Eve and Christmas Day official holidays in Europeia, although if there is a sudden event (a declaration of hostilities, for example) this holiday period will be ignored.

The SRATO Selection Act, Passed July 7 2008
This act regulates how Europeia represents itself in the SRATO treaty, in regards to choosing representatives.

Constitutional Amendment, The Military, passed July 11 2008
Amends Article VI, Constitution III to include the definition of a "training mission".

Amendment, Removal Act, passed July 26 2008
An amendment to the process which is used by the Senate to remove Senators who are inactive in Europeia.

Amendment to the Constitution, Article V, passed July 28 2008
Allows Associate Justices and the Chief Justice to be members of the Senate (but not the Cabinet).

Euro choice awards!
The results are in, and are as follows:

Most useful member: Lethen
Most bureaucratic member: HEM
Most drunk member: Pez201 and Cary123 were declared join winners by HEM
Most active newcomer: Neohabighorst
Most Inactive-Sorta Semi Active Member: Hyanygo
Most active member: HEM
Most animal-like member: Pez201 (declared a "landslide" by HEM)
Most likely to be rich: Allied Alliances
Europeia's Legal Eagle: Anumia
Most overrated member: Somilaria
Most Royal member: Cordova I
Most in need of spell-checker: Cary123
Most wise member: Pineapleboy
Most underrated winner: Asianatic
Most pathetic former citizen: Royal Mayorga
THE BEST MEMBER: (drumroll please...) HEM! Didn't see that one coming, did you? :P

Top ten posters:
Lethen 8,031
HEM 7,521
Pez201 3,917
Danoboy63 3,485
Cordova I 3,212
Paleomiz 2,446
Pineapleboy 2,370
nlhp 1,464
Anumia 1,285
Hyanygo 1,033

Nationstates site: http://www.nationstates.net/07482/page=dis...region=europeia
Europeian forum: http://z6.invisionfree.com/Europeia/index.php

eurorr1.png

Europeian Foreign Update
Europeia.png

August 30th, 2008, 13th Congress, 13th Cabinet, 8th Senate
Population: 200 Nations
WA Delegate: Scotchpinestan

Executive Government
Vice President: Danoboy63
Culture Ministers: NeoHabighorst

Legislative Government

Senate Speaker: HEM
Senators:
HEM (CP)
Renposa (CP)
Atikva (ECP)
Lethen (ECP)
Pineapleboy (IND)
Pez201 (IND)
Asianatic (IND)

(CP) = Centrist Party
(ECP) = Europeian Conservative Party
(IND) = Independent Faction

Changes in the Senate (among other things)
After seven consecutive terms in the Senate, Cordova I retired in early August. He also resigned from his position as Senate Speaker, and as WA Delegate, and after an election was held, Scotchpinestan was elected to the postion of WA Delegate. Asianatic was elected to the Senate to replace Cordova I. HEM was elected by the Europeian Senate to be the new Speaker. Cordova I has since joined the Europeian Navy.

200 nations!!
In a recruiting push lead by Asisnatic, HEM, Lethen, Nlhp and Pineapleboy Europeia's population has hit 200! Many thanks to those recruiters, as well as other who may have recruited but not posted their recruitment detains on the forum... those who do it for the love of recruiting. :rolleyes:

Elections for Chief Justice
Current Chief Justice Anumia has just won a election for the position of Chief Justice, which he has had since January 2008.

News in the Navy
Europeia participated in a SRATO mission in early August, on a glorious mission to gain control of the region of Rajahland for altruistic reasons. Defenders were summoned from their seedy burrows and moved in the stop this noble mission and were successful, the SRATO crusade was defeated. A later mission to the region of East Pacific was a success.

Debate! Debate!
There is a helthy amount of debate in Europeia's Republic Square about this and that. Hot topics include the upcoming US Presidential election, the US military and Communism. No flamewars yet.

DO YOU LIKE MICE
What our WA Delegate thinks of mice has been of great interest to a user from another region. :D

Laws passed in Europeia since the last update
The Unanimous Consent Act
Written by: HEM
Term Passed: 13th
Date Passed: August 4, 2008
Helps to cut back on red-tape in the Senate is all Senators agree on a bill.

Parliamentary Procedure Act, Fifth Amendment
Written by: Pineapleboy
Date Passed: August 7, 2008
Clearly sets out the resons for a bill needing a third reading in the Senate.

Amendment to Legislative Readings
Written by: Cordova I
Date Passed: Aug. 11, 2008
Made in regards to the final vote on a bill.

The NationStates 2 Act
Date Passed: Aug. 11, 2008
Made so that Europeia will smoothly transition into NS2 while still remaining active in NS1.

Mandatory Recruitment Act
Written by: Asianatic
Date Passed: Aug 19, 2008
All members of the government must send fifteen recruitment telegrams a week.

Suspicious minds will note that of the above five Acts passed by the Senate, the first three related to how the Senate is actually run. [/bureaucracy] :P

Top ten posters:
HEM 8,612
Lethen 8,291
Pez201 4,166
Danoboy63 3,756
Cordova I 3,361
Pineapleboy 2,465
Paleomiz 2,446
nlhp 1,584
Anumia 1,327
nasalivesII 1,045

eurorr1.png

Europeian Foreign Update
Europeia.png

September 24th, 2008, 14th Congress, 14th Cabinet, 9th Senate
Population: 173 Nations

Executive Government
Vice-Supreme Chancellor: Nlhp
President: Pez201
Vice President: Delvetia
Culture Minister: Atikva

Legislative Government

Senate Speaker: Lexus
Senators:
Pope Lexus X (Jr.) (Conservatives)
Asianatic (Jr.) (Independant)
Cordova I (Sr.) (Independant)
Lethen (Sr.) (Conservatives)
Delvetia (Jr.) (Independant)
HEM (Sr.) (Centrist)
Khessed (Jr.) (Conservatives)
Atikva (Jr.) (Conservatives)

Election news
On Saturday the 20th of September (Euro time) elections for the Presidency and the Senate were held.

Thirteen candidates contested the Senate elections and the results are as follows:

Asianatic [ 10 ] [8.13%]
Delvetia [ 10 ] [8.13%]
Atikva [ 13 ] [10.57%]
Lethen [ 14 ] [11.38%]
Cordova I [ 16 ] [13.01%]
NasalivesII (MIA) [ 4 ] [3.25%]
Khessed [ 12 ] [9.76%]
Jammy85 [ 7 ] [5.69%]
HEM [ 13 ] [10.57%]
Lexus [ 9 ] [7.32%]
Capitalisom [ 4 ] [3.25%]
Olde Deleware [ 8 ] [6.50%]
Cary123 [ 3 ] [2.44%]

In the Presidential elections, the Pez201/Delvetia ticket ran unopposed, except for the "Abstain" vote. The results are as follows:

Pez201/Delvetia (The Independent Faction) [ 17 ] [94.44%]
Abstain [ 1 ] [5.56%]

However, the true excitment in the election race wasn't on election day, but occured several days before, with Renposa. He nominated for the Presidency early on and was unopposed. However, soon the "Abstain" campaign was started, and it gathered speed. Eventually, on September 11 (Euro time) Renposa made this announcement:

...Ladies and Gentlemen, I want to first apologize for being an Impostor. I have been a fake, a liar, and a git for my Presidential Election. I am not who you think I am. I have cheated you all out of the true knowledge of who I am. It brings me grave distress and the utmost gravity to apologize to my self, my colleagues, and most of all my region.

The person you have witnessed for the past Eleven days is not the real Renposa. I want to make it clear that I have not delivered this Speech on the hope of being accepted, forgiven, or welcomed. I made this Speech to show you the real person of who I am and my actions since the Beginning of the Presidential Election Process.

Loyalty...that's not something you hear in this day and age... not something that you wake up to hear...our society has placed Greed, Lust, and Deceit ahead of Loyalty, and I regret to inform you...that I too put this ahead for myself. Europeia to me when I came here met a new start, a clean slate for me to show my true self to a group of friends, a place where I can leave behind the daily challenges and release my true feelings, about our society. I saw Europeia as a piece of Art a place where Artists from different walks of life, different forms of government, ideals, styles that collaborate to put their mark, their stroke of the brush to make a Beautiful Vision for everyone.

But I have done the opposite due to this election, I have created a Lie, a trick, a deceit...In order to win this election I became someone else, I became someone who wanted to posses all of the qualities I could think of that would gain me that extra vote, that extra endorse, that extra piece of false security that told the voter this is who I want, that's who I choose.

I apologize for selling you the Platform as myself, I apologize to you for offering what I don't have. But what I do have, is the core beliefs of mine. The real Renposa, believes in small government, Non-Interventionism, and Talks with other Regions, the thought of Small Government, and the use of the military under only our orders. Some will notice that this is the same ideas I came to this region, and that I ran for Senate on. That would be correct before I was corrupted and allowed myself to be defiled those were my public beliefs and I hope to return to my roots.

The recent creation of the EoIRA, is a Public Forum for thought, although I will admit I manipulated the citizenry by allowing them to think it was worse then what it is, however I will execute it's dissolution for the problems and deception it has caused. Europeia is a place of friendship not a place for Secret Organizations and Scandals. I also must be honest that the creation of EoIRA was partly in cause to provide myself a place for retreat, a place where I had constructed and a place where people looked to me for guidance and that my friends is not the true person. But I must also say that I truly felt that the EoIRA could make a better Europeia and bring Regions Closer.

Lastly I would like to thank Lexus and his Abstain Campaign for helping me realize who I am, and to bring me out of this deceptive trance. I am truly sorry for my actions, and again look to this as not a plea for forgiveness but as an example of how can be corrupted by the thought of power.

Regards,

Renposa

Responses to this ranged all the way from "we'll be better off without you" to indifference to forgiveness.

After Renposa's dropping out, there were no Presidential candidates. Pez201 announced that he was running (with Del as his VP).

EoRIA
The Enterprise of Inter-Regional Affairs (promoting itself as a "society for the enlightened") was created by Renposa as a club, basically. It's devious nature was noted only after some msn discussions.

Navy news
The Navy has been quiet in the past few weeks. Europeia participated in a SRATO training exercise.

Cary123 v Allied Alliances: it continues
Nothing like healthy debate to get a region moving, and Cary and AA have been providing it in spadefulls. While others have been posting in the threads in the Republic Square, it's Cary and AA who have the spotlight, with US Airman AA and Socialist Cary slinging mud at each other (in a nice way :P ). Some quotes:

Cary123: and I have read almost all of the bible
Allied Alliances: No offense, but the people I know who've read the Bible generally have a better grasp on spelling. :P

Cary123: what makes me wiser then nothing? nothing knows nothing.
Allied Alliances: With that most ignorant statement, I rest my case. Even nothing knows when to shut up.

Cary123: get out my bed, AA.

Retirements
Cordova I has gone into semi-retirement. While staying on in the Senate, he is not taking on any other roles in Europeia. Nlhp also announced his semi-retirement, but due to a changing RL situation he retracted it.

Laws passed in Europeia since the last update
Fourteenth Amendment to the Constitution III
Written by: Pineapleboy
Date Passed: Sept. 2, 2008

This act forbids the Chief Justice of Europeia from being a Senator, increasing the seperation of powers in Europeia.

The Senate Expansion Amendment
Date Passed: Sep 17, 2008

This act gives Europeia eight Senators instead of seven, to reflect the growing number of active citizens in Europeia.

Top ten posters:
HEM 9,085
Lethen 8,439
Pez201 4,368
Danoboy63 7 3,756
Cordova I 3,440
Pineapleboy 2,509
Paleomiz 2,446
nlhp 1,674
Anumia 1,365
Allied Alliances 1,125

Written by: Pez201, the outgoing Europeian Foreign Secretary.

Ladies and Gentlemen of NationStates,

I write this update today with confusion. My heart is confused. Anger. Hatrid. Fear. Anxiety. I'm not sure what to do. Why? Because, my friends, I have to deal with attacks on my friends, arrogance, ignorance, and pure hatrid. Recently, as many of you probably don't know, members from the regions of The True Revolution and The New Revolution attacked both The New Inquisition forums and the Great Britain and Ireland forums with thread hijackings, pornographic pictures, numerous curse words that were also derogatory and racist, and the list goes on. The twig snapped, however, when it was discovered that the Prime Minister of Great Britain and Ireland, a truly kind man, was turned into the main character of a True Revolution smash hit about a man who beats his wife, rapes women, and does myriad other dispicable acts. Yet they all smiled and laughed, cajoled their mate, pat him on the back. They didn't think they did anything wrong...disgusting.

In response to the initial attacks, the Europeian Senate discussed and approved the below statement, from Supreme Chancellor HEM.

A Statement of Condemnation
Re: GB&I Forum Attacks

On September 21st, 2008 the forums of Great Britain and Ireland. A strong ally of Europeia were attacked by members of The True Revolution and The New Revolution. The attacks included posting vulgar pictures/multimedia and descriptions of homosexual sexual intercourse. And estimated 30+ threads were created by the spammers, and 10+ threads hijacked by the spammers and their vulgar topics. The chatbox was also taken over by vulgar pictures of likewise nature.

In light of these attacks:

The Senate Hereby;

-An Immediate Freeze on the embassy of the New Revolution pending further inquery. Relations are to be considered suspended.

- All ambassadors from the New Revolution are suspended from their duties pending further investigation.

- Block any foreign relations with The True Revolution

- Any and all ambassadors from the True Revolution are suspended from their duties pending further inquries.

- Requests a Court Permit to ban Novaya Zemlya (aka Loki the Fiend) aswell as Lord Jungian.

- Bans any citizen of The True Revolution at the time of these attacks from becoming a citizen of Europeia.

- Classifies The True Revolution and The New Revolution as a Terror Organizations until further notice.

Conclusion

While noting the government of The True Revolution did not plan these attacks personally, they condoned by the government and no punishment has been issued by said government.

Positions:

Novaya Zemlya who spammed GB&I's forum with porn personally as the administrator on the New Revolution Boards. He is also Security Chief of the region.

Lord Jungian is Head of Foreign Affairs, a position he still holds.

As of now, my friends, the Senate is currently discussing a declaration of war against the True Revolution. Where things go from here is yet to be known.

This Foreign Minister knows that, either way, things have certainly crossed a line. A very fine line. Its one thing to insult someone from another region verbally, to call them a "fag" or a "useless sack of rat shit." Its another thing entirely, though, to cross the lines of moral decency and post pornography on another person's forum, and even THAT is excusable after a brief while as, lets be honest, how many of us have seen pornography before or watched cable television? The very worst though is to take a man who you know nothing about, a sweet, kind man who loves his family and friends in Real Life (who did nothing except act as the figurehead of his region and go along with the standard of polite politics: Release statements frowning upon the aggressors, but not all-out attacking them), and turn him into the main character of a disgusting story...a putrid story about rape, familial abuse, and other such disgusting, cowardly acts...and then for an entire region's active membership to *congratulate* the writer of the story...then you've got dysfunction, a problem.

I hope that this is their sick idea of a game, and that this isn't the attitude they have about Real Life, or else their lives are going to be very difficult. I pity them, actually...sick pathetic bastards.

~ Foreign Minister Lethen, Europeia ~

Indeed. There had been suggestions of an alliance between TNR/TTR and The North Pacific up until news of this reached us.

There haven't been any alliance suggestions since then.

a truly kind man, was turned into the main character of a True Revolution smash hit about a man who beats his wife, rapes women, and does myriad other dispicable acts. Yet they all smiled and laughed, cajoled their mate, pat him on the back. They didn't think they did anything wrong...disgusting.
There must be something in the air, another Region had an Ambassador who posted a story much like you describe in our Region. Great Britain and Ireland has my heartfelt condolences, post this over in Audux my friend, I'd like my Citizens to see that we are not in fact alone in these insufferable attacks. If I can be of any assistance you know how to reach me.

eurorr1.png

Europeian Foreign Update
Europeia.png

October 6th, 2008, 15th Congress, 15th Cabinet, 10th Senate
Population: 243 Nations

Executive Government
President: Pez201
Vice President: Delvetia
Culture Minister: Atikva

Legislative Government

Senate Speaker: Pope Lexus X
Senators:
Pope Lexus X (Jr.)
Asianatic (Jr.)
Cordova I (Sr.)
Lethen (Sr.)
Delvetia (Jr.)
HEM (Sr.)
Khessed (Jr.)
Atikva (Jr.)

FRA, GNN, NC...Less Acronymns More Story

The Global News Network, or GNN, recently released an article about the region of Mecca, and an invasion of said region that coincided with the religious holiday of Ramadan. The article sparked a lot of controversy (and can be found here...), however; the article made many false claims.

First of all, the article misconstrued an interview that Supreme Chancellor HEM gave to the news organization. It was used to support the following point:

Second, and most glaringly, the article claimed that the invasion of Mecca on Ramadan was in fact the Europeian Navy. This is not true, as has been discovered through verification of facts and sources. While yes, the Europeian Navy had invaded Mecca recently before the invasion in question, it was not responsible for the insulting attack made to seemingly attack the religion of islam itself.

Third, the article went on to list other actions by the Europeian government that were only supported by claims, not actual fact. The initial error relates to a statement issued by the government in relation to the COPS treaty, which protects againts forum deletion and destruction. The article claims that the Europeian government reacted rashly in this instance; however, the statement was well-thought-out and, at the time, it was released to reinforce that the Europeian government did not desire to adhere to strictly to the guidelines of the treaty, as the guilty party, Cary123, did not understand the severity of the crime. The government felt, thus, that alleviating circumstances were in play. The second error relates to the closure of the FRA embassy by the Europeian Foreign Minister, Lethen. While the closure was influenced by the debacle in Venice, it was also closed because the embassy was very inactive (and had been); there were other embassies being closed that week as well due to inactivity.

Initially, HEM and the rest of those Europeians in "the know" pointed fingers at the GNN. After some investigation, though, its been discovered that the article was taken from an independent source and was written by, surprise surprise, Numero Capitan, a prominent member of the FRA who has oftentimes battled HEM over various issues throughout NationStates.

The irony of the matter is that he claims that the fights between HEM and himself are nothing to worry about, that the FRA and Europeia won't be brought against each other, yet his rhetoric in the linked article not only falsifies much of what happened, but paints Europeia in a foul light. Pope Lexus X, in the most recent FRA update, even goes so far as to say that Numero Capitan suggests through his writing style that Europeia and the FRA are at war.

So while the Europeian government has no qualms with the FRA past the ideological axis disagreements, they do have a problem with Numero Capitan, who continues to act as a thorn in the region's side, much like Biff in "Back to the Future" after Marty continually embarrases and evades him.

Although the article has been confirmed to be a gross perversion of the truth (Look Here), HEM had this to say:

I am utterly appalled at how unproffessional journalism can be in Nationstates. Without any confirmation, Numero Captain spouts off whatever sounds good to him and insults Europeia. I am insulted and saddened that he sunk so low to try to get his momment in the spotlight as it has now been comfirmed his article was a lie.

Anonymous sources report that Foreign Minister Lethen, seeking to bring an end to this silliness, has sought an interview with the GNN and is also considering contacting Numero Capitan to talk on MSN (in a civil manner, of course).

Population Exceeds Expectations

The Europeian population has seen a massive surge of new nations, thanks to many things. The mandatory recruitment orders that were legalized at the most two months ago have begun to take effect and add up, and the back-to-school lull is beginning to wear off. Supreme Chancellor HEM and Immigration Minister Asianatic have also been focusing much of their time on recruitment, and each of them has been rewarded accordingly through both the respect of their peers and cute little stars!

Whether this surge can be maintained, however, is yet to be seen. Many a time regions have stormed ahead of themselves only to trip up and give up at the first sign of trouble (such as nations CTEing en masse, as often happens).

New Alliance Forged

The Foreign Office is proud to announce the finalization of a treaty with the region of Audux, which, it is hoped, will continue to grow and prosper until it stands alongside Europeia on the NationStates world stage. Here to comment, Rose Alphanesia, the Queen of Audux.

Lethen: What was your incentive, and for that matter, Audux's incentive, to sign an alliance with Europeia?

Rose Alphanesia: Personally it was something I had been considering for awhile, but not a matter I felt needed to be brought forth within Audux until we had our own house in order. I have kept an interested eye for some time on Europeia and have seen much honour from her Citizens as well as the willingness to welcome other Regions and be respectful. Of every region we have come in contact with, Europeia is easily in the top two for being considered as an Ally.

Lethen: Audux is indeed a monarchy while Europeia is more of a republic. Do you foresee this causing any problems?

Rose Alphanesia: No I don't. We respect other forms of governments, we simply learned that they didn't work for us personally. From everything we have seen from Europeia to date we are confidant that we will continue to be given the same level of respect we give to them.

Lethen: Finally, where do you see this alliance taking both regions? Is Audux eyeing a slot in SRATO, for example?

Rose Alphanesia: We hope this alliance will continue to strengthen the ties between our two Regions that started the day I ran head-long into Lethen and his legendary stubborness. Perhaps that is what allowed the friendship between our Regions to grow. As for a slot in SRATO, that is definitly something Audux would be delighted to be invited to should that event ever come about...We are on good relations with all the Signers of SRATO and the aformentioned two Regions who were natural top picks for allying with are both members of SRATO.

Written by: Lethen, the current Europeian Foreign Secretary.

eurorr1.png

Europeian Foreign Update
Europeia.png

November 27th, 2008, 17th Congress, 17th Cabinet, 12th Senate
Population: 250 Nations
WA Delegate: Kabanatuanistan
Lt. WA Delegate: None

Executive Government
President: Pope Lexus X
Vice President: Asianatic
Grand Admiral: Lethen
Foreign Secretary: Kabanatuanistan
Culture Minister: NeoHabighorst
Interior Minister: HEM

Legislative Government

Senate Speaker: Khalid of Lebenshauf
Senate Chief of Staff: Upper Guatama
Senators:
NeoHabighorst (Jr.)
Asianatic (Jr.)
Cordova I (Sr.)
Lethen (Sr.)
Khalid of Lebenshauf (Jr.)
HEM (Sr.)
Kabanatuanistan (Jr.)
Atikva (Sr.)

The Europeia/Commonwealth Treaty

Europeia and the Commonwealth have organised a new treaty after a few days of discussing the alliance between cabinet members. Mixed emotions flourished through the thread until the treaty was finalised to contain the following agreements:
- 40% of Commonwealth missions or 40% of Europeian forces will come to the Commonwealth’s aid.
- Supreme Chancellor HEM and Grand Admiral Lethen have agreed to help organise the Commonwealth’s foreign areas
- Lethen will help improve the Commonwealth’s ally portfolio by introducing the region to Europeian allies.

Aside from the treaty, Grand Admiral Lethen has personally decided that he will help the Commonwealth refound Sparta as a sign of good will. With this in mind, Europeia may help Sparta in the military department in the future but this is till undetermined.

November Election Fever

On 20 November, Europeia held an election in three departments: Presidential, Senatorial and the position to become WA Delegate. After a month an a half of vigorously campaigning, the Pope Lexus X/Asianatic ticket of the Union Party beat fellow contender tickets such as NeoHabighorst/Atikva for the Conservative Party, Champagne Jam/Lmaoofl of the Brick Tamland’s Chocolate Squirrel Party (now known as the Liberal Party) and Verteger/ Vinchenzo ticket who ran as independents. President Lexus won with 13 votes while NeoHabighorst stood as runner-up with 11 votes.

Perhaps the more gruelling election was that of the senate. Senatorial elections were also held on 20 November but due to a slight technicality, the polls had to re-open on 21 November. Veteran senators such as HEM, Lethen, Atikva and Cordova I were shoe-ins while the remaining 10 Europeians who stood for senate fought tooth and nail in the polls. Asianatic, NeoHabighorst, Khalid of Lebenshauf and Kabanatuanistan were given the honour to occupy a senate seat. Former senator and president Nlhp ran for senate and was not elected. This had come as a shock to several citizens and government officials.

After the departure of former WA Delegate Scotchpinestan, a new delegate election was held on 22 November. The two nominated contenders were the controversial Kabanatuanistan and the new Liberal Party co-founder Lmaoofl. Kabanatuanistan emerged victorious with a 14-4 win.

14th Term Overview

Former President Pez123 had the honour of leading the region in the 14th term when nobody else would. His term was a successful one with the passing of 9 Acts and Amendments including the Cabinet Reform Act and the Culture Minister Act. In the interregional section, Europeia and Pax Auduxia signed a treaty, while Europeia declared war on The True Revolution . The last term wasn’t all the successful for former senator Khessed Islands however. He was impeached from his cabinet position after a long period of inactivity. Pez 123 stepped down as President a week before the recent elections leaving President Pope Lexus X in charge for e week before his official election.

To whom it may concern,

It is with regret that I must inform you of the closure of your embassy due to its continued inactivity. Should you wish to re-open the embassy, please make a request for a new embassy in our Foreign Affairs department.

Yours sincerely,
~Pope Lexus X~
President of Europeia

Back