he/him, State of Matter: Gas
TNP Nation
-Weeklingz-
Discord
airmadecat

vrzpAPf.png

tWpMI8J.png

☆ Introduction by Minister of Foreign Affairs Istillian

G'day folks! Welcome to Europeia's September Foreign Update: Damnatio Memoriae. This month's edition features some very exciting developments from Europeia, from the return of an Honoured Citizen to the Senate, to the loss of The Black Hawks' long-standing Condemnation. We also highlight some of our latest cultural events, the University of Europeia's Cultural Extravaganza and the Deadline Dodgers jumping into N-Day. Why not dive into the latest articles and listen in to EBC Radio while you're here? Mostly, we hope you enjoy reading all about us and our friends in this latest update!
✯✯✯​

Below are some short extracts from this month's update. For the full see the dispatch version!

Regional News by Istillian

Population: 1,268 | Delegate Endorsements: 258

President UPC | Speaker Cordova_i | Chief Justice Primorye Oblast

HEM Wins People's Assembly Chair Elections

On September 6, 2024, founder of Europeia, HEM, stood for the upcoming People's Assembly Chair running on a platform titled "Who Am I? Why Am I Here?" His campaign focused on four key promises: making effective use of the Assembly's oversight powers, expanding the role of resolutions in shaping regional discussions, reviewing membership structures and ordinances, and fostering pre-legislation efforts. HEM won the election on September 10 with 91.4% of the vote (32 votes in favour, 3 for Re-open Elections). In his opening speech as Chair, HEM said "Together we will do what is hard and achieve what is great. And perhaps, in 2035 I'll be writing long twisty posts about all of you who were here in this moment and made it all possible."

Sopo Returns to the Senate

Ambrella aka Sopo has won the last Senate by-election which followed the resignation of former Senator Prov. Sopo won ~60% of the vote against opponent Olde Delaware jr. Sopo is now occupying one of five seats in the 96th Senate. Following his victory, Senator Sopo posted in his campaign thread, saying: "Thanks to all who voted for me despite the last-minute campaign, and thanks to OD for stepping up to the plate. I look forward to continue earning your support through the rest of the term."

TBH Loses Yet Another Badge

After having their first Condemnation repealed, The Black Hawks have now officially lost their second Condemnation as a result of the repeal by Westinor. This marks the end of a 13-year-long recognition of their activities, with the original Condemnation passing back in 2011. The proposal saw overwhelming support, passing with a significant margin of 7,435 votes in favour and 4,029 votes against. The effort to repeal both Condemnations in Europeia was sparked by President UPC's speech, 'Damnatio Memoriae'.

The Deadline Dodgers go Nuclear
September 29, 2024 marked one of two annual N-Day events and Europeia's faction, the Deadline Dodgers, alongside friends from The League and Concord and Balder did quite well despite it's low-key mantra and smaller size. The Deadline Dodgers ranked between 5th and 7th place on the leaderboard. up until getting eaten by the HotA mega faction.

Autocracies and Democracies in NationStates

The EBC hosted a debate on Autocracies and Democracies in NationStates. Xoriet and Quebecshire argued in favor of autocracy, while Peeps and Calvin Coolidge defended democracy. Hosted by current Minister of Communications Vorhollah, the show discusses regional leadership and represents two opposite sides in a nuanced debate on governance. Available on Browser.

... and much more!
✯✯✯​

Culture Highlight: The University of Europeia's Cultural Extravaganza

Europeia’s latest cultural event, the University of Europeia Cultural Extravaganza, recently ran from September 30 to October 5. Europeian citizens were invited to take part in an academic experience that transported them into the heart of a bustling university. Organised by Istillian and Turbiatop with assistance from the Ministry of Culture, they created a campus, complete with Europeian Houses, lectures, activities, and spam competitions.

The event began with Professor SkyGreen offering a thorough guide on crafting a solid Information for Voters (IFV) assessment in an EBC Radio interview, now transcribed and available in the EBC.

Throughout the week, attendees were also treated to a mix of practical and intellectual classes. Defending 101, led by current Grand Admiral, Professor Sincluda, and even a Chess Club session with Professor Lloenflys, a more casual yet competitive break from lectures.

Current Minister of Communications, Professor Vorhollah, treated us to reviewing the considerations for setting up an EBC interview in the University of Europeia Lecture Hall, whereas our Attorney General, Professor Azell, created a Find the Legal issues-Classroom quiz alongside current Senator Lloenflys.

An Inkarnate Map-Making Contest was held by Minister of Gameside Affairs, Professor Andy, and Minister of Culture, Professor Not to Fret held trivia time. The End of Term Graduation and House Ceremony is to be presented by Vice Headmistress GK soon, closing the event out.

As a joint host of the event, Sturklisan reflected on the event saying "I really liked getting this festival up and running. It is always satisfying to see work you put effort and work in succeed well and watching everybody reaping the benefits of what you have done for Europeia and the fun of Europeians. That is why I like being part of The Ministry of Culture."

If you want to get in on the fun and find out which Europeian House you would belong to, why not take our Buzzfeed quiz right here?

✯✯✯​

Back