TNP Nation
Halsoni
Discord
ruuuuuuuuben
moce_seal.png

Ministry of Cultural Affairs of The North Pacific

Opening Address, September 2024

Hi there!

We are so back. Welcome to the new term everyone! I hope everyone is doing well. I want to start this address off by congratulating Delegate @Picairn, Vice Delegate @Sil Dorsett, and Speaker @AraFuttio. You all deserve it. Commiserations to the defeated. It was an interesting and competitive election which shows the beauty of our democracy, and I think we all should appreciate that.

It's been a while since I last wrote a proper opening address all the way back in January. I'm glad to continue serving in the executive council and I thank the Delegate for giving me this opportunity. I love Comms, it's my home and I'll always know I have a place to return to should things go south, but I craved something different. Therefore, another thank you to the Delegate for listening to my request. I'm very excited about this new term and all the epic things we'll do!

Now, let's get to business.

Regional Events

The Ministry of Culture will be hosting regular domestic events to up community engagement. Starting this week we'll be hosting a Community Night every weekend where we'll play games, watch movies, listen to music, or just hang out and have a good time. Moreover, we'll also be experimenting with other long-form events, but that plan is still very much in the concept phase. You'll hear more on this as the week goes on.

Interregional Events

While I cannot share any specifics at this time, I can confirm that we're working on things behind the scenes. This will be a very large interregional event hosted by our good friends, where discussion on interesting topics is central. I'll also be talking to the Delegate and Minister of Foreign Affairs about potential interregional events with our allies, and how we might make some of those ideas come to fruition.

Culture Leadership

You probably already know who's going to be part of Culture HQ this term as I announced this a couple days ago in my office thread. Due to the slight delay of this opening address I thought to just get that part over with so we could get down to business. Anyway, here are my picks for your convenience.

@Prydania - Deputy Minister of Culture: Pry is a guy who needs no introduction. He's got a year's of service as Minister of Culture under his belt, hosted the Lennarts last term, and is just a very pleasant person to interact with. With Pry being the Lead RP Mod you can expect us to highlight some cool RolePlay features this term as I'm of the opinion that this awesome sub-community deserves a bit of a spotlight from the regional government. Pry's responsibility will be centered around the organisation of interregional events.
@Wonderess - Deputy Minister of Culture: Wondo has shown such an incredible enthusiasm for culture for the past couple of months, and I'm happy to utilise said enthusiasm to breath some life into this ministry. I reached out to Wondo a couple days before the election ended and he was very happy to take on the role in Culture HQ and I am personally very excited to see what he can cook up this term. Wondo will be primarily responsible for the execution of regular and irregular regional events.

As you've both already taken your oaths I can't say the epic line of "Deputies, please take your oaths", but I still want to say something cool. I guess I'll have to stick to some kind of Kamala Harris quote.

Deputies, let's get to work. Coconut.

Very Important

• Join the Ministry of Culture here.

Conclusion

In conclusion, I am stoked to serve in this new role this term. Thank you to the people who've helped me get this far, and thank you to Delegate Picairn for entrusting me with this responsibility.

Cheers,

Halsoni
dchdeHm.png

Minister of Culture

Last edited:
Back