[Discussion] Concerning Vice Delegates who are also Admins...

Should a Vice Delegate who can do the Admin check just do both checks simultaneously if able?

• Yes, just do both checks.

Votes: 17 81.0%
  • No, you should only do the VD check.

Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Maybe just do it if an Admin hasn't got around to it in a certain amount of time.

Votes: 3 14.3%

• Total voters

Sil Dorsett

The Belt Collector
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
TNP Nation
sil_dorsett
Discord
sildorsett
... or close enough.

The issue I wanted to address, and I mentioned this in my "campaign" thread for Vice Delegate, is that as a Global Moderator, I am actually able to do the Admin Check for citizenship. You've seen me do it. But, I've never been in a position where I could do the Vice Delegate Check and the Admin Check.

I very much want to continue to help the Admin team out by doing the Admin check. But, my concern is the law that we have in place, requiring the Vice Delegate to re-evaluate an applicant if they fail the Admin check. With me being in both positions, I can effectively bypass this law by doing the Admin check first and then doing the Vice Delegate check. We've seen this before even when the roles were split between two people. The question at hand is whether this is appropriate for me to do unilaterally.

I've posted a poll asking for advice, but I also welcome your feedback as responses to this thread. This is just a discussion. I'm not planning on there being any legislation around this.

Sil, both checks look at different things. There is no conflict of interest.

The logic of the re-check is that sometimes the VD does the check before the admins do, so if the admins fail the applicant, there may be reason for the VD to take a closer look. The re-check isn’t even necessary if the admin check happens first - that’s why it’s a recheck. If you can do both checks, then doing the admin check first and then the VD check eliminates this issue. Nothing wrong with doing both, we’ve had VDs and Speakers in the past who have also been admin and done both.

Back