he/him, State of Matter: Gas
TNP Nation
-Weeklingz-
Discord
airmadecat

vrzpAPf.png

5GbQzDw.png

☆ Introduction by President UPC

Good afternoon, denizens of NationStates, and welcome to Europeia's August Foreign Update! August was another busy month for our grand Republic, with the conclusion of our latest Presidential election, a significant milestone for our World Assembly population, and lots of ERN activity. Also in this update, we share some of the latest Europeians to be birbed by the Venerable Lloenflys in his Modest Ornithological Proposal - Volume 7. You can find all of this, and much more in our August Foreign Update: The Lightning Thief
✯✯✯​

Below are some short extracts from this month's update for the full update see the dispatch version,

☆ Regional News by Grea Kriopia

Population: 1,246 | Delegate Endorsements: 298

President UPC | Speaker Rand | Chief Justice Prim​

President UPC and Vice President GK Sail Through Re-Election August 3

The start of August once again signalled Presidential elections in Europeia where President UPC and Vice President Grea Kriopia ran uncontested into a third term for the Present. The ticket was elected with 54 votes (81.8%) of the vote while Re-Open Elections(ROE) got 12 votes(18.2%), handily swatting down any chance of ROE in the first round. The newly re-elected upc and GK announced their Cabinet on live radio to include several familiar faces of Ministers from the previous term such as Andy, Azell, Europeia aka Sky, and Sincluda but also several new faces such as Ambrella, Gem, The Islamic Country of Honour EIA, Not to Fret, and Vorhollah.

Europeia Celebrates 300 Endorsements Milestone

In an increase from the previous update, Delegate UPC has earned 300 endorsements, becoming the first Europeia Delegate to reach this milestone since October 2020. The Regional Security Council (RSC) lauded the accomplishment in a statement on August 25 and expressed the body was "supremely grateful to all those who have helped us achieve these victories..." Europeia now has an 86% endorsement rate, with 304 out of 355 World Assembly members supporting after former President Rand's Statement on World Assembly Membership, when compared to the prior rate of 78%, this represents a notable gain. Moving forward, the RSC aims to increase World Assembly engagement and citizen participation in order to maintain the momentum for regional security and progress.

Realm of the Whispering Winds Secured With ERN At the Helm

Nearly three years after the loss of their founder, the Realm of the Whispering Winds (RotWW) is finally secure once again from the threat of raiders. Xvraks, a longtime resident of the region, worked with an ERN-led Libcord coalition to transition the region first to a Frontier, and then to a Stronghold with Xvraks as the governor. In a statement, Xvraks thanked defenders for their aid in securing the region, and promised to bring "terror once again to the high seas, but this time, to the raiders directly." We wish Xvraks and RotWW the best in their rebuilding efforts!

... and much more!
✯✯✯​

☆ Culture Highlight: A Modest Ornithological Proposal - Volume 7

A Modest Ornithological Proposal was started by the Arnhelm Ornithological Center in July 2019 in a bid to rename some of Europeia's common bird species after some of its hallowed citizens and notable community members. The birds selected by the Arnhelm Ornithological Center are often reflective of the citizens' personality and traits to ensure scientific accuracy and endearing hilarity, resulting in the renaming of the common Rock Pigeon to the Jortbird after King HEM for the love of jorts for example. The series has continued since then and expanded in size over time to roughly 42 birds -- or "birbings" as they have been affectionately named. Enjoy a snippet of this series below!

A Modest Ornithological Proposal - Volume 7

Written By Lloenflys

Introduction From the Author
(8/25/2024 - Arnhelm Ornithological Center)
- Ten months ago, volume 6 of a Modest Ornithological Proposal was released by this renowned institution, and I had every intention of issuing another within about 3-4 months, as a backlog of deserving souls had built up who had not yet been birbed. Alas, while researching a rare Antipodean Istillianbird, I found myself falling down a treacherous cliff, trapped on a treacherous ice floe with no plausible hope. I despaired, thinking that never again would I have a chance to bestow any birbings. The end was nigh. And then ... my salvation. A pair of Emperor Penguins who I named Herbert and Jiminy mistook me for a very large, very ugly penguin chick and adopted me into their ersatz penguin family. They graciously nursed me back to health, taught me the ins and outs of penguin society, and when they decided I was ready, they used their radio to call in a ship to come get me. Yes, the penguins had a radio. Yes, they could have gotten me off their ice floe at any time and chose not to. Don't dwell on it.
Anywhoo, the wait is over. Today, a motley crew of deserving Europeians find themselves the newfound recipients of birbings. Congratulations, and may you forever line your nest with all the best feathers, grasses, and other assorted fluffs - and decorate it with all the best shiny objects.

Reviews of A Modest Ornithological Proposal

"Oh how delightful! How colorful! How noisy and pesky and trickstery! It's like you took me right from the lore and gave me wings! I love it, lloen!" – Kuramia

"I am massively happy with my birb. I appreciate the thought you've put behind each one of these assignments, and it shows off both your knowledge of birbs and your intuition for others' personalities. Wonderful job, Hlow!" – Hezekon

“I think my measure of true success in Europeia has changed to, "but have you been birbed?". Lloen, this was a great honour, I've always been a big fan of this series of articles, it's a dream come true to be included in one of them. I couldn't think of a better bird for me either!” – Istillian
✯✯✯​

Last edited:
Back