-
-
Pronouns
he/him
TNP Nation
Halsoni
Discord
ruuuuuuuuben
Iv52p0UxXyeUrRT83Zh4ZjOFx9kNmUeviDlH3Jn5pTwXQvKedusuQre_lOl4Iop--OSaFk1Od85ViZZQeRM6LPFMGAuvXQNMpUakwrVXiTnsl0C_yf-qmT-z6mRkTVTXV_GT3HkmauMSEgo6_RtOLjw

Ministry of Communications of The North Pacific

Inaugural Address, July 2024

Hello there,

I hope everyone is doing well. I'd like to thank Delegate @Simone for offering me this opportunity to return to the executive. Despite what some might think, I've missed this. It's an honour to be back to serve the region and to work together with other members of this administration to help The North Pacific forward. As the delegate has expressed in his statement, I haven't really been the most avid supporter of his delegacy. Despite that, we've decided to set our differences aside for the good of the region and to prioritise regional success over personal pride. Again, thank you to the Delegate for giving me this opportunity and thank you to former Minister @AraFuttio for his service.

Now, I'll try to keep this short as we have some work to do.

Our Situation

The Ministry of Communications is in a bit of a sorry state at the moment. I'm just going to be honest. Despite Ara's best efforts, the summer lull has really taken a toll on this ministry's activity levels where almost everything is done by pretty much four individuals. That's why I'm here. The summer is the period when I'm most active and motivated to really make a difference, so here we are. In preparation for this change in leadership, I was briefly appointed as Deputy Minister of Communications so I could assess the situation and see what needed to change. I now know what needs to happen. The Northern Notes has largely been handled by the Delegate himself, which also helps us out a ton by taking away another task, so we're better equipped to handle the pressure with a smaller team. Comms leadership is looking at taking a survey to see what the citizenry requires and would like to see from us, so expect to hear more on that soon.

Changes

At the moment we're working on the June edition of The North Star. I've decided to rename this to the June-July edition. That way the pressure is lifted a little bit and we can try to get back on schedule, instead of our usual approach of just trying to work through the backlog. The release date for this edition has been set to the 30th of July. I will immediately open a new planning thread for the August edition of The North Star, we'll be downgrading from our usual five articles to four which will lower the stakes and hopefully prevent us from having to massively delay this issue. The Northern Notes will stay the same. We're aiming for a weekly publication, in line with the Delegate's platform. I've also decided to withdraw the threat of removal from the ministry for failure to fill out the Midterm Roll Call. My intention when initiating it was not to purge the ministry, but to simply see what resources we have available to us and who we can rely on.

Leadership

I'm quite happy with how the Comms HQ looks at the moment. I won't make any changes at this time, but if I see a need in the future I won't hesitate to appoint another deputy. Currently, we simply do not have to have more than two deputies if the ministry is run by about four to five people.

Very Important

• Join the Ministry of Communications here.
  • Join the Collaborative Design Team here.
  • Complete the Roll Call here.

Conclusion

I'm here to steer the ship around and get us into calmer waters. I aim to release at least two more TNS editions and continue the trend of weekly TNN issues. I'll also be looking internally to address some of the activity issues we've been experiencing and to try and lift the spirits a little bit. Again, thank you to Delegate Simone for giving me this opportunity and to former Minister Ara for his service. Here's to a good rest of the term! I have returned.

Cheers,

Halsoni
dchdeHm.png

Minister of Communications

Back