June 2024 FA Update

upc

Resident
-

vrzpAPf.png

wLIvQ20.png

☆ Introduction by Vice President Grea Kriopia
Hello all! Welcome to Europeia's June Foreign Update: Voices from the Outer World. Rest assured we will not be permanently rebranding Europeia after Dune -- these are just some temporary aesthetics for the administration. This month's edition features a number of exciting updates implemented on our new foreign update template, including some shiny new graphics. Read below about news from Europeia's domestic affairs such as recent Senate elections and a potential revival of the People's Assembly as well as major culture events hosted recently like the ovation of Le Libertie and EuroPride 2024. We've also got a neat deep-dive on the Europeian Book Club and a special Gameside feature about Minister Andusre's RMB Questions of the Day. Finally, our update includes any recently published content from Euro's bustling media scene for your enjoyment. We hope you enjoy and learn a bit about our region along the way!
✯✯✯​

Below are some short extracts from this month's update. For the full update with SkyGreen's delightful new graphics, see the dispatch version!

Regional News by Grea Kriopia, Westinor, Andusre, and Maowi
Population: 1,188 | Delegate Endorsements: 246

President UPC | Speaker Decacon | Chief Justice Primorye Oblast

Ellenburg Narrowly Victorious in Third Senate By-Election

Forced to a run-off, Ellenburg defeated John Laurens in the third by-election of the Senate term with 57.1% of the vote (24 votes to 18). The two faced off after already clearing a crowded field of competitors, with Caldrasa and Industhan defeated in the first round of voting and Grandfather Clock withdrawing candidacy after being involuntarily nominated. John Laurens conceded defeat gracefully at the end of voting and promised to launch another campaign in the coming Senate General Election at the end of this month.

Le Libertie Celebrated in Ovation Festival

To mark Le Libertie's receipt of Europeia's highest honour, nominated by President upc and confirmed by the 94th Senate, the Ministry of Culture ran a festival in our beloved tortoise enthusiast's honour. As well as spam games and a dispatch contest run by the Ministry of Gameside, multiple high-profile Europeians have stepped forward to speak at length on the former Europeian Delegate and current Regional Security Council member. Delegate upc reminisced about Le Libertie’s work alongside them in numerous gameside endeavours, the debate between Europeia’s future as a Frontier or Stronghold, and the development of gameside security after its transition to Frontier status. Supreme Chancellor Lethen then made sure to recount Le Libertie’s time as Vice Chancellor and talk about his broader impact as a community member, and Pland Adanna stepped in to tell of Le Libertie’s momentous influence on Europeian interior affairs and recruitment. Here’s to you, Le Libertie!

... and much more!
✯✯✯​

Culture Highlight: The Official Unofficial Europeian Book Club by Fillet minion
Fostering a love of reading since the year 1326 (trust them), the Official Unofficial Europeian Book Club has in recent months become a hub of activity in the Palace of the People. Executive superdeputy Fillet minion (aka 12 AAA Batteries) sat down with founder Lloenflys for a chat about this cultural staple.

FM: What prompted you to start the Club?

Lloen: I have always enjoyed the idea of book clubs generally, and I had tried a few times previously to start one in Euro but it usually died out pretty quickly. This time when we decided to read Orconomics, a few people actually were reading along with us so it seemed like it was having more success. Tasting that success, I decided to formalize things (that's why I called it the "Official Unofficial" book club ... it started off as an unofficial assembly and then was formalized, and I wanted to honor that history in the title).

FM: Favourite book the Club has read so far?

Lloen: I think either the first one, Orconomics, or the second one, Tress of the Emerald Sea. Both were a lot of fun. Tress was a better book, and was the first one we read after a vote, so it holds the edge for that reason. But Orconomics is special because it is the one that held things together for long enough for the club to coalesce as a real thing.

Read the rest of the interview here!
✯✯✯​

Back