-
-
Pronouns
He/Him
TNP Nation
Marlducro
Discord
cloudyiskies
The Court has selected @Zyvetskistaahn to be Bar Commissioner subject to a confirmation vote by the Regional Assembly.
The Court has nominated @Zyvetskistaahn to the Bar Commission. I now open the floor for debate and discussion on the nominations. I would welcome a statement in support of the nomination from @Pallaith or from any member of the Court.

If and when this comes to vote, I intend to put the following motion before the Regional Assembly:
The Regional Assembly, acting on the nomination of the Court, appoints Zyvetskistaahn to the Bar Commission.

Zyvet is a former Court Justice and no stranger to regional law. His experience and ability to work with small groups in coming to a consensus speaks for itself. We on the Court feel he is an obvious choice for the role, especially considering he was one of the first to do it.

Last edited:
I have nothing against Zyvet, and this position is your call.

I intend to abstain as I don't plan to vote on RA votes on appointments not related to my own branch during my term as Delegate.

Last edited:
Do you have any thoughts about the (highly bureaucratic) structure of the Bar Commission?
If you mean the make-up of the Commission itself and the manner of choosing its members, those are matters for the Assembly more than the Commission. That said, it is a matter of record that I voted for the Bill establishing the Commission as it is structured. Other structures can clearly be devised, such as having the Court itself administer the bar, and I would not necessarily oppose them.

If you mean the rules of the Commission as they currently stand, you can take it that I am broadly in favour of them having been a Commissioner at the time they were drafted and approved.

I do think that the application for membership of the bar is a little unwieldy, having recently completed it myself, and the work needed to complete it could be reduced. As examples, the question asking the applicant to identify Official Opinions, Verdicts and Sentences they have authored could be narrowed just to Verdicts and Sentences, which would be more difficult for the Commission to itself track down, or the question on briefs could be limited to specifying a number as examples rather than being any brief.

Back