It
TNP Nation
Simone_Republic
ga.jpg

Don't Have Sex With A Corpse
Category: Moral decency | Strength: Mild
Proposed by: Simone Republic | Onsite Topic

The World Assembly (WA),

Anxious that engaging in sex acts with the dead body of a sapient individual (hereafter, "corpse") are of significant concerns to some WA states on many issues, such as the dignity of the deceased and the potential spread of diseases;

The WA hereby enacts as follows:

1. Definitions.
    • "Authority" means one or more entities (at a national or sub-national level) duly authorized to enforce and interpret this resolution in a WA state;
    • "Inhabitant" means a sapient individual physically in a WA state (or under the jurisdiction of a WA state, such as traveling on a ship under the flag of a WA state).
  2. Prohibition.
    • Any inhabitant that willfully, and knowingly, engages in a sex act with a corpse of the same species as the inhabitant commits an offence.
    • Any inhabitant that dismembers a corpse for the purpose of facilitating the act defined in sub-clause (2)(a) commits an offence.
    • Any inhabitant that assists in the acts stated in sub-clauses (2)(a) and (2)(b) commits an offence.
  3. Interpretation.
    • The definition of a corpse excludes the death of a participant during a sex act, which shall be investigated in accordance with established procedures by coroners or other officers of that WA state.
    • The interpretation of this resolution (including definition of a "corpse" and "sex act"), and any penalties for offences in clause (2) is the responsibilities of the relevant authorities of that WA state, subject to due process.
Note: Only votes from TNP WA nations, NPA personnel, and those on NPA deployments will be counted. If you do not meet these requirements, please add (non-WA) or something of that effect to your vote. If you are on an NPA deployment without being formally registered as an NPA member, name your deployed nation in your vote.
Voting Instructions:
  • Vote For if you want the Delegate to vote For the resolution.
  • Vote Against if you want the Delegate to vote Against the resolution.
  • Vote Abstain if you want the Delegate to abstain from voting on this resolution.
  • Vote Present if you are personally abstaining from this vote.
Detailed opinions with your vote are appreciated and encouraged!

ForAgainstAbstainPresent

Last edited:
For as author. Um, this resolution does one thing - um, it criminalizes having sex with a corpse. Um, I'd prefer if you don't do it, both for reasons of dignity and potential diseases.

Um, yes, the GA's choice of topics can be, um, unusual, at times.

Non-WA Against due to name and cos this isn't really a thing that the GA should be wading into.

Last edited:
I am for this proposal, because I support its intention and I don’t see any negative collateral effects from how it achieves its intention.

Present. Doesn't feel like something that should be in GA. Just....unusual.
(also, talk about a cheeky name... and I thought "Murderers Get Nothing" was an odd name but....sheesh.)

Against

I don't see why the GA shouldn't be able to legislate on topics such as these, but nonetheless feel it is something of a cowardly choice and nonetheless a proposal of rather little value.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back