Chipoli
Discord
chipoli
sc.jpg

On Piracy
Category: Declaration | Type: Declare
Proposed by: Ather North | Onsite Topic

The Security Council,

Aghast that there continues to be activities of piracy in national and international waters,

Concerned by the profit loss caused by piracy of cargo in transit and of media posted online,

Disgusted by the harm cyber and sea pirates cause in their selfish crimes,

Astonished that this act has not been included in Condemnations past and imploring this council to rectify this severe oversight,

Delighted by on-going efforts by this esteemed body in addressing these piracy issues at sea and in the cyberverse,

Encourages continuation of anti-piracy efforts by the World Assembly and its members by condemning more nations that permit and sponsor the act of piracy,

Hereby declares the Security Council's position against the practice of piracy.
Note: Only votes from TNP WA nations, NPA personnel, and those on NPA deployments will be counted. If you do not meet these requirements, please add (non-WA) or something of that effect to your vote. If you are on an NPA deployment without being formally registered as an NPA member, name your deployed nation in your vote.
Voting Instructions:
  • Vote For if you want the Delegate to vote For the resolution.
  • Vote Against if you want the Delegate to vote Against the resolution.
  • Vote Abstain if you want the Delegate to Abstain from voting on this resolution.
  • Vote Present if you are personally abstaining from this vote.
Detailed opinions with your vote are appreciated and encouraged!

ForAgainstAbstainPresent
090-

Last edited by a moderator:
This looks as though a GA proposal became lost and wandered to the SC, acquiring some of the SC’s phraseology and structure in the process. I am voting against it, slightly baffled at its submission.

Against. This is all queue stuffing using undrafted SC resolutions to block a libjunct.

Also actually GA does have a repeal of #625 on piracy which I borderline don't object to (it's IA repealing mine on the grounds that I don't allow ships to be armed)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back