Secretly here
-
-
-
TNP Nation
PotatoFarmers
Discord
Freg#0420
The Security Council has nominated Chipoli (Chipoli) for a seat on the Security Council. The vote for this application was 8 Ayes, 0 Nays, and 1 abstentions with 1 member not present.

The Chair now presents his application to the Regional Assembly for its consideration.

The Security Council issues the following statement in support of the nominee:

Chipoli recently completed his service as Vice Delegate. As the Chair of the Security Council, Chipoli has worked closely with the Security Council over a difficult period for the region. Towards the end of his term, he stepped up to be acting Delegate, serving in a high position of trust, and helping to ensure the safety and security of the region through his actions. We feel he has earned our trust and that of the region, and his recent experience would be an asset to the Security Council moving forward.

Last edited:
If anyone has any questions for me during this process, I'll be happy to answer them.

Hello Chipoli, I confess I was surprised to see you apply to join the Security Council but welcome it nonetheless. My question to you would be as to why you wish to join the SC, and what particular contributions to can bring to the SC. Furthermore, I wonder if you have any opinion on regional security and endorsement counts going forward from the standpoint of the Security Council?

Chipoli,

A few questions:

1.) What do you think of the Security Council's decision to have Ghost/Pallaith hold the seat of the in-game Delegacy for the duration of the ongoing transition? Do you agree with the practice of having a SCer oversee the transition from the in-game seat? Why or why not?

2.) In what areas, if any, do you believe the Security Council to be lacking? Are there any areas in particular that you believe you'd be a positive influence in as a SCer?

3.) If confirmed by the Regional Assembly, what do you think your presence will add to our overall regional security apparatus? (Note: This question is an extemsion of question #2, so take that for what you will)

and finally, 4.) Please reflect on the recent Delegacy tip courtesy of BoM and co.. You mentioned waking up and being caught off guard. It was an unexpected event for everyone involved, obviously. So how would you have handled that situation had you been an SCer at the time and what lesson(s) did you take from that experience?

I don't know, I feel like you are just collecting these positions like badges. Example this term, you are everywhere. Easy way to lead to a psychotic breakdown, happened to a fella last year or something. But I am looking to see your responses to Comfeds and Robeses questions. Again, I don't see you adding anything to the Security Council that they don't already have.

I support this. Former Vice Delegate and acting Delegate and the Security Council support his application.

Full support. I do have concerns over endo-counts - obviously we are all facing declining endo counts as the game shrinks (over the summer as well as general shrinkage) plus frontiers/strongholds. This is an important issue for me for obvious reasons in WA vote counting.

Hello Chipoli, I confess I was surprised to see you apply to join the Security Council but welcome it nonetheless. My question to you would be as to why you wish to join the SC, and what particular contributions to can bring to the SC. Furthermore, I wonder if you have any opinion on regional security and endorsement counts going forward from the standpoint of the Security Council?
Those are some interesting questions, Comfed. I have answered your first questions beforehand, and I would like to take this opportunity to reiterate them.

The Security Council has developed a reputation for being a retirement home for once prominent players. Most of their members are not involved in high-level executive government, and I look to change that. I believe I bring a new freshness and youth into the Security Council that this body hasn’t seen in a while. Now that I don’t have to run the region anymore, I would like to put my time into improving our regional security. The Security Council needs a breath of fresh air, and someone newer who hopefully has his best days ahead of him and someone who would re-energize the body and help them connect with the community. The Security Council will play a crucial role in the future of The North Pacific, and I’m here to add fuel to the fire. I bring energy, ambition, and hard-work, three traits that would be quite useful for this body.
My thoughts on regional security are simple - our two goals for this term will be completing Kasch's in-game delegacy transition and protecting ourselves from a possible Round Two of the delegate tip incident from our adversaries. I wouldn't be surprised if our enemies are currently monitoring Kasch's and Ghost's endorsement gap and thinking of tipping us again since they were able to do so last time out. Our priorities should be getting Kasch and Fregerson to #1 and #2 as soon as possible. When we do that, we need to start building a gap between the rest of the Security Council and themselves, especially Kasch. The Security Council needs to be on high alert for external threats, and a swift and efficient delegate transition would go a long way when it comes to preventing them.

1.) What do you think of the Security Council's decision to have Ghost/Pallaith hold the seat of the in-game Delegacy for the duration of the ongoing transition? Do you agree with the practice of having a SCer oversee the transition from the in-game seat? Why or why not?
I can see why they went ahead with that decision and I believe it makes perfect sense. I was a non-SC member when I held the seat, and there may have been some skepticism about one doing so. I think if I was in the Security Council's shoes at the time, I would have supported that decision. If it will be a significant amount of time before the delegate will be able to take the seat, it would be logical for a Security Council member to hold the position as they have gained the community's trust and have proven to be capable of holding the fort compared to a non-SCer. It's also natural that Ghost was chosen for this task, given that he is #1 in the Line of Succession and a very trustworthy member of our community.

2.) In what areas, if any, do you believe the Security Council to be lacking? Are there any areas in particular that you believe you'd be a positive influence in as a SCer?
As I mentioned in my response to Comfed, many of our members lack a presence in our government, particularly the executive. I believe that is where I can be the best influence. As an SCer who remains involved in high-level government, I would be able to use my presence in certain areas to promote the interests of the Security Council, such as promoting the transition via the GAs, working with culture to plan events that increase the Security Council's community engagement and other endorsement-related activities.

3.) If confirmed by the Regional Assembly, what do you think your presence will add to our overall regional security apparatus? (Note: This question is an extemsion of question #2, so take that for what you will)
If I do end up becoming a member of the Security Council, I will use my experience as Vice Delegate and Acting Delegate to ensure that something like the delegate tip never happens again. The way we can do this is simply by creating a large gap between Kasch and 2nd place. I believe my presence can help the Security Council complete it, especially in my capacity as a Gameside Advocate. Additionally, my involvement in the Ministry of Foreign Affairs can help alert the Security Council of any possible external threats.
and finally, 4.) Please reflect on the recent Delegacy tip courtesy of BoM and co.. You mentioned waking up and being caught off guard. It was an unexpected event for everyone involved, obviously. So how would you have handled that situation had you been an SCer at the time and what lesson(s) did you take from that experience?
If I was a full member of the Security Council at the time, I don't believe I would have handled it any differently than what they did. The SC responded by banjecting all the nations that participated in the operation and ran an endorsement campaign for me. They got me back into the seat by the next update, which is what I call a successful response. I believe I can walk away from that experience knowing that we need to make sure the gap between #2 and #1 isn't too close to prevent #2 from unintentionally seizing power.

I don't know, I feel like you are just collecting these positions like badges. Example this term, you are everywhere. Easy way to lead to a psychotic breakdown, happened to a fella last year or something. But I am looking to see your responses to Comfeds and Robeses questions. Again, I don't see you adding anything to the Security Council that they don't already have.
I'm usually not one to agree with Kasto but it does feel like you're joining things for the sake of joining them. How can you alleviate those concerns, @Chipoli?

I'm usually not one to agree with Kasto but it does feel like you're joining things for the sake of joining them. How can you alleviate those concerns, @Chipoli?
I can assure you all, that this is not the case. I don't believe that there is a purpose in joining something if you're not going to contribute to it. Since I'm not involved in the Executive Council anymore, I would like to contribute to the region in any way that I can, and I see myself doing that by helping out in smaller roles, hence why I am involved in many different areas, all which have their own purpose. Being in the Security Council, however, is not a small role. I would like to continue my work there and want to use my past experience as Acting Delegate and Vice Delegate in order to protect our region from security threats.

Should this be moved to vote, this will be the motion that the Regional Assembly will vote on:
motion:
The Regional Assembly confirms the nomination of Chipoli to the Security Council.

I can see why they went ahead with that decision and I believe it makes perfect sense. I was a non-SC member when I held the seat, and there may have been some skepticism about one doing so. I think if I was in the Security Council's shoes at the time, I would have supported that decision. If it will be a significant amount of time before the delegate will be able to take the seat, it would be logical for a Security Council member to hold the position as they have gained the community's trust and have proven to be capable of holding the fort compared to a non-SCer. It's also natural that Ghost was chosen for this task, given that he is #1 in the Line of Succession and a very trustworthy member of our community.
As I mentioned in my response to Comfed, many of our members lack a presence in our government, particularly the executive. I believe that is where I can be the best influence. As an SCer who remains involved in high-level government, I would be able to use my presence in certain areas to promote the interests of the Security Council, such as promoting the transition via the GAs, working with culture to plan events that increase the Security Council's community engagement and other endorsement-related activities.
If I do end up becoming a member of the Security Council, I will use my experience as Vice Delegate and Acting Delegate to ensure that something like the delegate tip never happens again. The way we can do this is simply by creating a large gap between Kasch and 2nd place. I believe my presence can help the Security Council complete it, especially in my capacity as a Gameside Advocate. Additionally, my involvement in the Ministry of Foreign Affairs can help alert the Security Council of any possible external threats.
If I was a full member of the Security Council at the time, I don't believe I would have handled it any differently than what they did. The SC responded by banjecting all the nations that participated in the operation and ran an endorsement campaign for me. They got me back into the seat by the next update, which is what I call a successful response. I believe I can walk away from that experience knowing that we need to make sure the gap between #2 and #1 isn't too close to prevent #2 from unintentionally seizing power.
Thank you for your answers.

A few more things to consider:

1.) What qualities do you think all, or most, "good" SCers have? Conversely, what are some traits that you would associate with a "bad" Security Councilor?

2.) If confirmed, will you be able to evaluate your own performance as a SCer? How will you know when you're doing your job? What criteria will you use to base that on?

3.) A lot of our SCers are longtime members of the community who have more extensive histories in public service to the region than you do at this point. Do you feel like you'll fit in well? If not, how can you overcome the feeling of being out of place, so to speak?

Thank you for your questions, Robes! I apologize for the small delay.

1.) What qualities do you think all, or most, "good" SCers have? Conversely, what are some traits that you would associate with a "bad" Security Councilor?
I think most "good" SCers maintain a high level of activity, a quick response time to threats and are consistently communicating and interacting with the greater community. Our Security Councilors need to be ready to protect our region at a moment's notice, hence why activity levels and response time are very important traits of a Security Councilor. Additionally, members of the Security Council need to interact with the community so they can get a better idea of those who are tasked with protecting the region from security threats. Considering the tough times that lay ahead, it is especially important that a Security Councilor should have these traits.

The traits associated with "bad" Security Councilors are simply the inverses of what is needed from a Security Councilor. I wouldn't consider anyone a "bad" Security Councilor at the moment, but what one would look like is one that does not maintain a high level of activity and in general, is unreliable and cannot respond to threats - which defeats the purpose of being a SCer.

2.) If confirmed, will you be able to evaluate your own performance as a SCer? How will you know when you're doing your job? What criteria will you use to base that on?
I am quite confident that I will be able to judge whether or not I am meeting the standards of the Security Council. In my aforementioned response to your first question, I defined three traits that make a good Security Councilor - activity, alertness, and engagement. I will those three characteristics to judge myself and evaluate my performance. I will know I am doing my job when I meet those three criteria. In other words, I will perform my duties correctly when I am active, when I am able to respond to threats properly, and continuously engage with the community by posting on Discord or the Regional Message Board.

3.) A lot of our SCers are longtime members of the community who have more extensive histories in public service to the region than you do at this point. Do you feel like you'll fit in well? If not, how can you overcome the feeling of being out of place, so to speak?
I have gotten the chance to work with these individuals for four months, and I think I will be able to fit in with them. I have worked quite well with them in the past, and I am confident in my ability to keep doing so. I will also continue building relationships with my fellow Security Councilors in the future. I'm always happy for anyone to give me advice or feedback, and I'm confident that we will support each other in the grueling months ahead.

No reason to dilly dally. Chipoli really changed my mind on this with these questions. I support this. I totally see Chipoli being the 11th SCer on the council, and clearly he will add a lot to the team. I am looking forward to seeing an SCer who is active, interacts with the community, who responds to threats, and is involved in higher government roles.

I motion this to vote!

No reason to dilly dally. Chipolireally changed my mind on this with these questions. I support this. I totally see Chipoli being the 11th SCer on the council, and clearly he will add a lot to the team. I am looking forward to seeing an SCer who is active, interacts with the community, who responds to threats, and is involved in higher government roles.

I motion this to vote!
Seconded.
Motion and second recognized. This will be brought to a vote in approximately (time=1696125600).

Back