Pronouns
He/Him/His
TNP Nation
Kaschovia
Discord
kaschovia
TNP_ISSUES_GUILD_LOGO.png

Welcome to the Issues Club!

This is the place to go for brainstorming, drafting assistance, and useful resources in relation to writing issues for NationStates. Post links to your onsite drafting threads, and fellow club members will provide feedback! I'll be creating a leaderboard of issues written too, so we can work on improving the region's presence in the Got Issues scene. To join, all you have to do is say so in this thread and I will add you to the roster.

Kaschovia
NutmegTheSquirrel
Chipoli
El Fiji Grande
Robespierre

Club Drafts

If you have any active drafts up on the NationStates gameside forums, post them here and I will add them to the list so other members can give feedback!

To be added.
To be added.

Useful Resources and Tips
  1. Got Issues FAQ and How To Write An Issue: The primary source of information regarding issues.
  2. The Writer's Block: Brainstorming, issues discussions, etc.
  3. NationStates Issues **SPOILER ALERT**: A megathread of all current issues in the game.
  4. Help us fix old issues: for reporting errors within issues.
  5. Unusual Issue Effects: for reporting unusual stats effects of issues.
  6. NationStates Issues Results: for increasing certain stats and viewing option effects.
  7. Got Issues Discord Server: for realtime chat and discussion about issues.
  8. Issues Contest: Was It Something We Eight?
1. If you're unsure whether an idea has been done before, you can go to this thread, press CTRL + F, and search the first three or four pages for keywords that are most likely to come up if the idea has been done before. For example, if your idea involves unicycles or frogs, you can search those keywords to see every issue which references that specific phrase. This is a great way of quickly checking if an idea has been done already.

Leaderboard

I will update this leaderboard whenever I notice a new issue is from a TNP author.
  1. Noahs Second Country (6)
  2. Kaschovia (3)
Current Prompt: Come up with an idea for an issue and post it in this thread.

Last edited:
Top Tip #1: If you're unsure whether an idea has been done before, you can go to this thread, press CTRL + F, and search the first three or four pages for keywords that are most likely to come up if the idea has been done before. For example, if your idea involves unicycles or frogs, you can search those keywords to see every issue which references that specific phrase. This is a great way of quickly checking if an idea has been done already.

Earlier this evening, I had an idea for an issue. This idea involves writing an issue about professional wrestling.

More specifically, the issue would address the more extreme, hardcore style of wrestling (otherwise known as "deathmatch wrestling"). Whether or not it’s a public health/safety concern worth the government's consideration would be up to national leaders to decide. In theory, the issue would be set up along the lines of “so and so nearly died or bled out doing this crazy stunt during a deathmatch and it's left a black mark on the industry and/or some of the more impressionable members of the audience as a result.”

Seeing as there are only two issues in the game that currently feature professional wrestling as a topic (#1139 and #1324), I think I'll be pursuing this idea in the coming days.

Thanks to @Kaschovia for the encouragement!

Last edited:
Earlier this evening, I had an idea for an issue. This idea involves writing an issue about professional wrestling.

More specifically, the issue would address the more extreme, hardcore style of wrestling (otherwise known as "deathmatch wrestling"). Whether or not it’s a public health/safety concern worth the government's consideration would be up to national leaders to decide. In theory, the issue would be set up along the lines of “so and so nearly died or bled out doing this crazy stunt during a deathmatch and it's left a black mark on the industry and/or some of the more impressionable members of the audience as a result.”

Seeing as there are only two issues in the game that currently feature professional wrestling as a topic (#1139 and #1324), I think I'll be pursuing this idea in the coming days.

Thanks to @Kaschovia for the encouragement!
I can't wait to see your draft up on the Got Issues forums!

Back