Midterm speech! (Wohooo, we‘re doing great)

Icarus

Resident
-
-
Pronouns
She/they
Hey Everyone!

It’s me, Icarus, your MoD, aka the confused local penguin. I think it’s about time that you all get to hear a little bit more in detail what we‘ve been up to and let me tell you, we‘ve been up to a lot. Some of the main goals at the start of the term were to reinvigorate activity, provide training opportunities and get people set up in Libcord. Looking at the time since I took office, we have accomplished exactly that. We have a brigade of regular updaters in Libcord. Huge Shoutout to @El Fiji Grande, @Comfed, @Rom and @Magecastle who were our most regular updaters. In total the NPA has been on roughly 44 operations since the start of my term, frankly an insane amount considering the state the NPA was in before. But we were not only active in Libcord, we also collaborated plenty with our friends and allies, starting with getting trained in the art of chasing by Libcord Update Command and Council of The League and Concord Quebecshire. This training was vital in giving people the confidence to show up in Libcord on their own initiative. In addition we organised a very successful detag run together with EPSA and TITO during which we had the opportunity to get to know the other militaries better, strengthening the bonds between our regions. The NPA is also currently deployed on an Antifa operation, which unfortunately lead to Stargate being left vulnerable to further attacks by BoM. They grossly exploited that circumstance, raiding Stargate twice, the second time just happened last Monday. While the previous attack on Stargate showed very impressively how far the NPA has come by bringing 9 updaters to the liberation, we are not going to stand silently in the face of the sheer audacity and lack of respect for even the most noble of causes BoM keeps displaying over and over again. This is why we launched the Star Guardians, a new NPA initiative of sleepers providing the necessary security net in case raiders attempt to somehow raid Stargate again. This is going to be made significantly harder by the fact that as of two days ago, Stargate has been passworded, making it essentially impossible for new raider puppets to get in. The Stargate issue is therefore dealt with for the foreseeable future.
I also have decided to add a fresh face to the team - Comfed is going to join us as my deputy. He has been a force in our updater force and his potential was noted not only within the NPA but also abroad where he earned high praise for his dedication and technical ability. He will be helping with training our soldiers and learning the ropes of military leadership. I am beyond excited to have him fill this position.

And now for my favourite thing! Promotions!

It is my greatest pleasure to promote @Nutmeg The Squirrel to Private First Class! They are one of our new additions this term and are already showing great promise.

Secondly I would like to promote @Magecastle to Corporal, they have been one of our most active contributors in Libcord and have shown great skill and dedication in their service to the NPA.

I am very much looking forward to the second half of this term where we will hopefully continue our upwards trend and continue working with allies and friends as well as hosting wargames to provide playful training opportunities.

Many Greetings,
Icarus

Last edited:
Looking forward to another great two months with you in command! You've done an admiral-ble job (pun intended, since you're from the ERN)!

Thanks for the shout-out. Also happy to congratulate everyone on their promotions. Good luck to Comfed in their new role.

Back