Magecastle_Embassy_Building_A5
Discord
red_canine
ga.jpg

International Patent Compact
Category: Social Justice | Strength: Mild
Proposed by: Second Sovereignty | Onsite Topic

The World Assembly;
Recognizing the immense technological ingenuity of the various peoples of the Member-States,
Acknowledging the vast gulfs in economic structure between Member-States,
Seeking to protect technological innovation and access from undue and harmful restrictions,
Hereby;
Defines a Patent as a form of legal intellectual property in which the holder of a Patent is granted exclusive rights regarding an invention for a period of time, limited or unlimited, typically in exchange for disclosing details and specifications of said invention,
Reserves to individual Member-States the exclusive right determine the legal status or recognition of patents, excepting where otherwise established by prior legislation,
Non-Bindingly Pressures Member-States to make decisions that will expand access to technologies and assist in the development of new technologies.
Note: Only votes from TNP WA nations and NPA personnel will be counted. If you do not meet these requirements, please add (non-WA) or something of that effect to your vote.
Voting Instructions:
  • Vote For if you want the Delegate to vote For the resolution.
  • Vote Against if you want the Delegate to vote Against the resolution.
  • Vote Abstain if you want the Delegate to abstain from voting on this resolution.
  • Vote Present if you are personally abstaining from this vote.
Detailed opinions with your vote are appreciated and encouraged!

ForAgainstAbstainPresent

Last edited:
(Non-WA) I am present but not voting. The use of blockers is fine, where it is impossible to find a consensus. However, I am not sure that patents are indeed an area where consensus is impossible. The advantage of this is that it prevents certain poor policy from being passed, but I have some faith in the GA to simply reject such policy when it comes to vote.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back