-
-
Pronouns
he/him
TNP Nation
Gorundu
Discord
an_dr_ew
As I mentioned in the thread for the original bill (now law), there were some changes that were discussed in the thread and should have made it into the final version but were left out due to an oversight. This bill is intended to fix that. Nothing else has been changed.
Military Modernization Cleanup Act:
Section 7.6 of the Legal Code is amended as follows:
Section 7.6: The North Pacific Army:
37. The North Pacific Army is the military of The North Pacific. The executive officer charged with military affairs will endeavour to maintain an active and well trained military, capable of executing both offensive and defensive operations.
38. When deployed in a foreign region, The North Pacific Army will act with respect towards the natives of the region.
39. The Regional Assembly must be informed of all operations undertaken by The North Pacific Army as soon as practicable, unless they are classified by the Delegate or the Executive Officer in charge of the military.
40. The Regional Assembly may declassify an operation by a majority vote.
41. The following are Class A restricted actions:
  • changing a region's World Factbook Entry without providing the region with the original content of the World Factbook Entry or a straightforward way to access that content;
  • closing embassies;
  • altering a region's pinned dispatch list;
  • suppressing posts on a Regional Message Board;
  • closing or opening a regional poll;
42. The following are Class B restricted actions:
  • applying a password to a region;
  • banning or ejecting nations native to a region;
43. Members of The North Pacific Army holding a Regional Officer position in a foreign region as part of an operation in that region may not use that position to perform restricted actions, except where necessary to restore a region to a prior native-controlled state.
44. Members of The North Pacific Army may participate in joint operations with other militaries that perform restricted actions, and may serve as Regional Officers in foreign regions during such joint operations, but may not perform any restricted actions themselves in the joint operation, except where necessary to restore a region to a prior native-controlled state.
45. The Delegate may specifically or categorically exempt regions from some or all restricted actions. The Regional Assembly must be informed as soon as these exemptions are made. Exemptions to Class B restricted actions must be confirmed by a majority vote of the Regional Assembly.
46. Regions with which The North Pacific is at war are exempt from all restricted actions for the duration of the war. Natives of a region that request that The North Pacific Army perform restricted actions on them, whether independently or as part of a broader agreement, are exempt from those restricted actions.
47. The Regional Assembly may require The North Pacific Army to withdraw from any operation, and impose other requirements to reverse restricted actions it performed on that region during that operation, by majority vote.
48. Nations wishing to join The North Pacific Army must swear the following oath before being enlisted. All military rules that they are pledging to obey must be publicly visible.
By my honor and by my conscience, I will endeavor to honestly and faithfully serve The North Pacific. In peace and in war, I will support and defend The North Pacific and its legal system of government. If I perceive or gain knowledge of activity to overthrow the legal government of the region, I will report it to the Security Council without delay. I promise to act properly and uprightly, to obey the lawful orders of the Delegate and my superiors, to comply with the law and all military rules, and to keep the military secrets trusted in me. Should I be given a position of military leadership, I will endeavor to set a good and encouraging example to my subordinates. When deployed, I will be mindful that my actions reflect on my region, and endeavor to represent The North Pacific with honor and dignity. I swear all this freely and without reservation.
Military Modernization Cleanup Act:
Section 7.6 of the Legal Code is amended as follows:
Section 7.6: The North Pacific Army:
37. The North Pacific Army is the military of The North Pacific. The executive officer charged with military affairs will endeavour to maintain an active and well trained military, capable of executing both offensive and defensive operations.
38. When deployed in a foreign region, The North Pacific Army will act with respect towards the natives of the region.
39. The Regional Assembly must be informed of all operations undertaken by The North Pacific Army as soon as practicable, unless they are classified by the Delegate or the Executive Officer in charge of the military.
40. The Regional Assembly may declassify an operation by a majority vote.
41. The following are Class A restricted actions:
  • changing a region's World Factbook Entry without providing the region with the original content of the World Factbook Entry or a straightforward way to access that content;
  • closing embassies;
  • altering a region's pinned dispatch list;
  • suppressing posts on a Regional Message Board;
  • closing or opening a regional poll;
42. The following are Class B restricted actions:
  • applying a password to a region;
  • banning or ejecting nations native to a region;
43. Members of The North Pacific Army holding a Regional Officer position in a foreign region as part of an operation in that region may not use that position to perform restricted actions, except where necessary to restore a region to a prior native-controlled state.
44. Members of The North Pacific Army may participate in joint operations with other militaries that do not abide by these restrictions perform restricted actions, and may serve as Regional Officers in foreign regions during such joint operations, but may not perform any restricted actions themselves in the joint operation, except where necessary to restore a region to a prior native-controlled state.
45. The Delegate or Executive officer in charge of the military may specifically or categorically exempt regions from some or all Class A restricted actions. The Regional Assembly must be informed as soon as these exemptions are made. Exemptions to Class B exemptions restricted actions must be confirmed by a majority vote of the Regional Assembly.
46. Regions with which The North Pacific is at war are exempt from all restricted actions for the duration of the war. Natives of a region that request that The North Pacific Army perform restricted actions on them, whether independently or as part of a broader agreement, are exempt from those restricted actions.
47. The Regional Assembly may require The North Pacific Army to withdraw from any operation, and impose other requirements to reverse restricted actions it performed on that region during that operation, by majority vote.
48. Nations wishing to join The North Pacific Army must swear the following oath before being enlisted. All military rules that they are pledging to obey must be publicly visible.
By my honor and by my conscience, I will endeavor to honestly and faithfully serve The North Pacific. In peace and in war, I will support and defend The North Pacific and its legal system of government. If I perceive or gain knowledge of activity to overthrow the legal government of the region, I will report it to the Security Council without delay. I promise to act properly and uprightly, to obey the lawful orders of the Delegate and my superiors, to comply with the law and all military rules, and to keep the military secrets trusted in me. Should I be given a position of military leadership, I will endeavor to set a good and encouraging example to my subordinates. When deployed, I will be mindful that my actions reflect on my region, and endeavor to represent The North Pacific with honor and dignity. I swear all this freely and without reservation.

Last edited:
Speaker @Skaraborg,

As there has been scant debate on this uncontroversial bill, I motion for a vote and ask for the formal debate period to be reduced to 2 days.

Speaker @Skaraborg,

As there has been scant debate on this uncontroversial bill, I motion for a vote and ask for the formal debate period to be reduced to 2 days.
Motion recognized and the request for a shortened formal debate period has been granted. The bill will now be in Formal Debate for two days, after which a vote will be scheduled.

45 should include the ability for the MoD to give class a exemptions
The intent being if we trust the mod to run the NPA we can trust them to allow for cosmetic damages, they are the ones in the field with the best knowledge and therefor can make that call.

Otherwise I agree with the changes as I rewrote the tail of that bill while I had CoVid brain :P and def forgot to include some changes I wanted.

45 should include the ability for the MoD to give class a exemptions
The intent being if we trust the mod to run the NPA we can trust them to allow for cosmetic damages, they are the ones in the field with the best knowledge and therefor can make that call.
The MoD is ultimately subordinate to the Delegate. We don't want a situation where the MoD authorizes an exemption that the Delegate wasn't consulted on and doesn't agree with, and end up having an NPA scandal on our hands.

sure so give the delegates
The MoD is ultimately subordinate to the Delegate. We don't want a situation where the MoD authorizes an exemption that the Delegate wasn't consulted on and doesn't agree with, and end up having an NPA scandal on our hands.
Sure so give the delegate veto power. Forcing it to go through the delegate creates unnecessary paperwork and Bureaucracy.
Any mod who would “accidentally” start a scandal by say burning an embassy probs shouldn’t be MoD anyway.

Hence only allowing class a or the cosmetic exemptions.

I am not convinced that only allowing the Delegate to authorise exemptions creates that much unnecessary paperwork and bureaucracy. Having it this way just ensures that there is oversight on the decisions to grant exemptions and that the decisions cannot be made by one person, alone, on whether to grant an exemption. If we were to allow an exemption to be granted by the MoD, in theory, they can make that decision alone, whereas if the decision can only be made by the Delegate, they would have to take advice from others, and ensure that the decision being taken to create an exemption is the right once, not just in the sense of defence, but with the wider Government considerations too.

Yes, I get that it is only cosmetic changes, but we all know how little it takes for some people in gameplay to kick off, even over the smallest of things.

Last edited:
Sure so give the delegate veto power. Forcing it to go through the delegate creates unnecessary paperwork and Bureaucracy.
Not sure how a veto is supposed to work. If the MoD has the authorization then they would probably use it to expedite actions, in that case when the Delegate gets around to vetoing it the damage would be already done and it's too late.
Any mod who would “accidentally” start a scandal by say burning an embassy probs shouldn’t be MoD anyway.
That's the ideal, but we can't ignore the possibility of misunderstandings between the Delegate and MoD, and you know very well the Delegate and MoD are not always aligned in their R/D outlook.

I agree with what Owen said above as well.

Have no issues with the delegate being the only one to modify the exempt list. Theory is the MoD is appointed by the delegate and if they can't communicate, there is no legislation that's going to fix that.

That's an extreme example but I don't think it's hard to believe that a MoD might make a decision that seems wise to them that the Delegate disagrees with. Due to the time sensitive nature of operations this could make a "veto" by the Delegate meaningless. In any case, it's the Delegate, not the MoD, who is the ultimate boss of the NPA, and only they should have the power to make these sensitive decisions.

Back