-
-
Pronouns
He/Him, They/Them
TNP Nation
Bobberino
Discord
Bobberino#6969
What's on the tin. To hell with slogans.

I'm bad at introductions, so let's cut to the chase. I am a 2 time former Minister of Defense, Minister of Communications, Deputy Speaker more times than I care to count, and have been a Deputy Minister in everything save for Cards and FA. Now that that's out of the way, let's chat.

I don't feel as if, philosophically, the office is in a place that is in need of an overhaul. As things evolve rapidly in a transitory period for TNP, the RA's position is one that I feel should hold steady - from a bird's eye view, one that is a soft check on the power of the Delegate to make appointments and the like. The RA is well-equipped to do this as is.

In terms of Deputies... I feel as if the approach of the previous few terms' precedent of a Deputy-by-committee approach for the purposes of development and reaching a broad base of opinions on which to operate is the most effective. I will not name any specific people at this time, but I've talked to several who I can on-board and/or keep on board - both newcomers and veterans of the office. Stay tuned.

I will not apologize for run-on sentences. Steelers gahnta supah bowl.

I wish my opponent the best of luck and hope I can count on all of you for your votes. Love y'all.
Bob

You been in the Speakers Office for a long ass time and probably know all the ins and outs of it. Your unique personality is another part that I like about you and I want to see in a elected official. And I believe you will do a good job at this so you have my support in the upcoming election.

What assurances does the region have to elect you to a rather powerful position considering your active support of BoM Opperations via Lily?

I think you'd make a good speaker, regardless of what military you currently pile with.

I do have several questions:
1. What steps should you take when the citizenship sheet indicates that a citizen has not posted in the last 30 days?
2. What is the current number of voters required for quorum?
3. The Regional Assembly has passed a law that amends Section 4.3 of Chapter 4 of the Legal Code, renaming it. What steps are required of you to ensure that the Legal Code reflects this change?
4. A citizen opens a topic in the Regional Assembly to ask that a bill of attainder is passed against another citizen. What are your duties and responsibilities to the Regional Assembly and the region in this scenario?
5. How many deputies would you plan to appoint? What do you think makes a good deputy?
6. What is the affect of Celebration Days on the business of the Regional Assembly?

Last edited:
I think you'd make a good speaker, regardless of what military you currently pile with.

You are not concerned that a speaker candidate actively works with a region hostile to TNP? Bob is capable of doing the job when he shows up, but thats a bit of red flag there.

You are not concerned that a speaker candidate actively works with a region hostile to TNP? Bob is capable of doing the job when he shows up, but thats a bit of red flag there.
It's more like he works with a region that works with a region hostile to TNP. And I don't see how that's relevant to a non-governmental role. If he were running for Vice Delegate or Delegate then yeah, sure, it's a bit concerning. But he's running for Speaker - he knows the job and has experience in the role. Who he does military gameplay with, so long as it's not attacking TNP, is fine. And let's not forget that the NPA has operated alongside Lily on plenty of operations before. Are they no longer appropriate military partners?

We could look a bit more closely about why people like Bob feel they have to leave the NPA and work with Lily, and similarly with plenty of other former NPAers who now operate in militaries on both sides, but that's not for this particular thread. So long as he answers my questions to a higher standard than Skaraborg does, I feel I will probably vote for him.

Last edited:
It's more like he works with a region that works with a region hostile to TNP. And I don't see how that's relevant to a non-governmental role. If he were running for Vice Delegate or Delegate then yeah, sure, it's a bit concerning. But he's running for Speaker - he knows the job and has experience in the role. Who he does military gameplay with, so long as it's not attacking TNP, is fine. And let's not forget that the NPA has operated alongside Lily on plenty of operations before. Are they no longer appropriate military partners?

We could look a bit more closely about why people like Bob feel they have to leave the NPA and work with Lily, and similarly with plenty of other former NPAers who now operate in militaries on both sides, but that's not for this particular thread. So long as he answers my questions to a higher standard than Skaraborg does, I feel I will probably vote for him.

The Speaker is a non-governmental role? Its a position that can effectively delay legislation, including sanctions and war declarations. Not to mention, use the citizenship exemption process to effectively bypass the Vice Delegate check. Or, as we recently seen, time out citizen applications so they get citizenship by default.

Nor is this about Lily. Its about him actively participating in BoM operations. His name is on several of their recent operational reports. The fact he is operating under Lily's flag does not somehow excuse or shield him from that.

The Speaker is a non-governmental role? Its a position that can effectively delay legislation, including sanctions and war declarations. Not to mention, use the citizenship exemption process to effectively bypass the Vice Delegate check. Or, as we recently seen, time out citizen applications so they get citizenship by default.

Nor is this about Lily. Its about him actively participating in BoM operations. His name is on several of their recent operational reports. The fact he is operating under Lily's flag does not somehow excuse or shield him from that.
The Speaker is a non-executive role, which is to what I was referring to. I, frankly, find the idea that Bob would delay such things ridiculous. He's never operated as anything other than in good faith as a citizen. And as regards to his participation in BoM operations, that's been as a piler for Lily, in operations that don't target or attack The North Pacific. They are, frankly, irrelevant to his appropriateness to be speaker.

It is highly relevant to his appropriateness to be Speaker and something the citizens should be aware of going into the voting period.

It's bordering on a witchhunt. Will you be forming a commission to investigate anti-TNP activities next?

Congrats on being offended on behalf of someone else. Bob is running for office. I brought a factual concern and question to him. One he should have no doubt expected. If you dont think its relevant, good for you. Others may.

You're the one who started this exchange, Don Quixote. But to avoid further cluttering Bob's thread, I'll cease replying to you.

Lot to unpack here. I'll start with Dreadton's concern then address MadJack's questions in a separate post.

As for Lily and BoM, the extent of Lily's support of BoM operations is piling on regions that BoM and/or their allies occupy every once in awhile. As MadJack stated, I do not believe this is a major concern for the electorate at large for the purposes of the Speaker race - as far as I am aware, Lily has never participated in an operation against TNP or its allies.

Lily is no more BoM than Ten Thousand Islands is the NPA. They are two completely different organizations with different histories, goals and personnel. I find the idea that one cannot be both a member of Lily and be a citizen of TNP in good standing, frankly, ridiculous.

I would hope that the region can find in its heart to trust me, a citizen in good standing for the better part of five years, to be Speaker. I present my years of service as Deputy Speaker and brief time as Acting Speaker, as well as my experience in the Executive, as proof enough of this.

As long as I've known Bob he's never given me a reason to question his loyalty to The North Pacific. Full support.

I do have several questions:
1. What steps should you take when the citizenship sheet indicates that a citizen has not posted in the last 30 days?
2. What is the current number of voters required for quorum?
3. The Regional Assembly has passed a law that amends Section 4.3 of Chapter 4 of the Legal Code, renaming it. What steps are required of you to ensure that the Legal Code reflects this change?
4. A citizen opens a topic in the Regional Assembly to ask that a bill of attainder is passed against another citizen. What are your duties and responsibilities to the Regional Assembly and the region in this scenario?
5. How many deputies would you plan to appoint? What do you think makes a good deputy?
6. What is the affect of Celebration Days on the business of the Regional Assembly?

1. Double-check if the user has posted on a forum profile. If no, verify if they maintain a nation in TNP. If yes, remask as Resident and post that you have done so. If no, remask as Member and post that you have done so.
2. 17
3. Edit the Legal Code OP to reflect this change.
4. Close the topic and direct the citizen who posted said bill of attainder to the Court subforum.
5. I do not have a set number of Deputies in mind. It could be as few as two or three, or it could be as many as seven or eight. Depends on who responds to me in what manner. As for what makes a good Deputy, I mentally file them into several cabinets: Veterans of the office who are around to advise myself and the rest of the team on in-depth legal matters and occasionally help out and/or train the others in day-to-day operations; newcomers to the office who I will train on day-to-day operations and slowly teach the more delicate legal matters to, and whoever falls in between.
6. None.

Since this is still election season, I want to ask every candidate for every office if they have a view on this matter? Not necessarily if you it's within your purview (or if you want to push this issue to another person), but just a view.

As someone who's not technologically on the same level as QuietDad is, I don't have a strong opinion one way or the other on this matter. I remember applying back at high school and getting denied for having an educational IP, then reapplying at home (which is no longer my IP - I have since moved), which wasn't a problem for me at the time, but I know there was an issue with some of our other citizens in very similar circumstances IRL.

He raises a good point; but I do not feel as if I am personally qualified to weigh in strongly in one way or the other. As Speaker, I will leave this to the admins and the courts to decide, and proceed as the law dictates on this matter, if and when it changes.

Back