[Passed] Motion to Declare an Emergency Due to NationStates Downtime

Lord Dominator

Citizen
-
-
In consideration that NS isn’t expected to be up again until around the New Year and we have time & NS dependent activity, I present the following binding emergency declaration per section 8.1 of the Legal Code to be motioned following a short and prompt discussion to get the language right:
The Regional Assembly declares an emergency due to the long expected downtime of NationStates site until such time the site becomes usable once more directs that:
1. All government activity dependent on site access shall be suspended.
2. Time-sensitive government activity shall not count time while so suspended.

Last edited:
Basically: any language/format issues (we don’t appear to have a format for these) or other NS-dependent processes we should include?

We should probably just suspend any citizenship related processes altogether, including applications, because the Speaker cannot check to see if anyone's nation actually exists. Additionally, we should suspend Security Council applications and suspensions for insufficient influence or endorsements because downtime makes it impossible to check for either of those things.

We should probably just suspend any citizenship related processes altogether, including applications, because the Speaker cannot check to see if anyone's nation actually exists. Additionally, we should suspend Security Council applications and suspensions for insufficient influence or endorsements because downtime makes it impossible to check for either of those things.

We could pass this and propose other parts in a different motion under 8.1.2 as needed.

Amended to processed dependent on site access
We could pass this and propose other parts in a different motion under 8.1.2 as needed.
No need, edits take mere minutes

I do believe I have to do that, and I intended to wait a few more hours to make sure we get a reasonable amount of people able to comment on this if they want.
Non-Legislative just requires a motion and a second. It's Legislative that must be motioned by the proposer.

Motion to vote
I second to vote. If people want to comment, they can always use the 3-day voting period to comment whatsoever. If we wait longer this vote might not even be finished when the site resumes, if it is by say, the morning Eastern of Boxing Day.

Last edited:
Motion to vote

I second to vote. If people want to comment, they can always use the 3-day voting period to comment whatsoever. If we wait longer this vote might not even be finished when the site resumes, if it is by say, the morning Eastern of Boxing Day.

Motion and second recognized. Given the emergency nature of this proposal, voting will start soon; specifically, at (time=1671847200).

I don't even know why this is a thing. This is a waste of the Assembly's time.
No it is not. Processes that require the usage of the NationStates website itself, some of which have certain time requirements attached to them (such as citizenship applications) cannot proceed because the game is down. This is not an unusual way to respond to this situation at all and it is outlined in chapter 8 of the Legal Code.

Back