The Christmas Accords [Invite Only]

Greater Ale Permars

RolePlay Moderator
-
Jinmen, Ascalon
Monday, December, 26th 2022
Chengzhong District

The conference hall was still covered with splendid Christmas decorations. Courantist Christmas was something Vera had only seen in movies, but the reality was ten times better than anything television had ever shown her. The shops of Jinmen were decorated to the nines with fur, trees and other Christmasy flora strung across with glittering lights and shimmering ornaments glittering under the island's hot sun. It wasn't too different from back home in Rayvostoka, just a bit more about buying than giving, with any and all reference to religion seemingly replaced by branded icons. But she certainly couldn't deny the appeal.

But what made her the giddiest was the real reason she was there, other than to take in the beautiful sights of the colonial city.
The Goyaneans had finally agreed to meet. After a month or so of diplomatic backchanneling, she was finally able to get them to sit down with her. So they invited her to meet all the way in tiny Ascalon, a halfway point between Goyanes and Rayvostoka. It was huge, if she was able to get the Goyaneans on side, Rayvostoka would be fastracked on the path to global recognition and redemption. A signal to the rest of the world that Rayvostoka was not only trusted, but trusted by if not the, but one of the most powerful states in all of Eras. The "Ultimate Victory" as the General Secretary had put it to her when she was directing her on how to handle them.

The conference hall did not lack the decorative charm the rest of the city did, with the windows and doors all being nicely decorated with bowed wreaths and electric candles with red velvet bows decorating the walls of the building's exterior. The interior was on the same level, with a massive Christmas tree dominating the center of the building's lobby. Decorated with all sorts of lights and sparkly ornaments.
Her assistant Igor Zaytsev, trailed behind her, lugging all her documents in a large briefcase. Slowly beginning to pant, began to slow down.

"Can we slow down, Comrade Fedorova? I'm exhausted from carrying around this damned case." He set it down on the ground, and stood up straight brushing himself off.

"No Igor, the Goyaneans are extremely particular with their punctuality, so we will be too." She said turning to look at Igor.

"Ughhhh" He moaned, weakly trying to lift the briefcase. Vera stifled some small laughter, shaking her head as he tried to lift the case.

"You're a baby." She said pushing him aside, and picking up the hefty case. "He wasn't lying though, this thing is heavy as hell."

Clearly impacted by the weight Vera straightened herself and quickly picked up her pace, speedily walking to the elevator and pressing the button to go up.

Talking over her shoulder to Igor she remarked. "Wait for me down. here until the meeting is over, after this I'm taking us on a tropical Christmas adventure."

Igor gave a quick laugh. "Good Luck Vera. I can't wait."

Jinmen, AS, Goyanes
Monday, December 26th 2022
Chengzhong District

The state aircraft carrying the Goyanean negotiating delegation had arrived in Jinmen in two days prior, giving the team a chance to make all final preparations before the conference. Vice Chancellor of Foreign Affairs Ken Lorge, the longtime diplomatic chief in Goyanes under both the Norberg and Årnad administrations, had been mildly distrustful of Rayvostoka. He felt that the stability of the country was not fully there yet to proceed with an establishment of trade or political agreements. However, Lorge, along with the Chancellor, felt that establishment of consular facilities in Rayvostoka and a partial normalization of relations was necessary to extend Goyanean soft power further into Auroria. Furthermore, he had confided in the Chancellor and Grand Emperor at a privy council meeting several weeks prior that this move was necessary to promote Goyanes’ interests after the successful derailing of the Imperium-Yalkan port negotiations.

Lorge and his team had arrived early to the antechamber of the conference room, where the teams would exchange formalities before sitting down for the real business. A selection of drinks and traditional Ascalonian appetizers was available, which they helped themselves to while waiting for the arrival of the Rayvostokan delegation.

Surely enough, the Rayvostokans appeared from the elevator lobby bang on time. “Excellent,” Lorge thought to himself, before extending a hand to his Rayvostokan colleague, Vera Fedorova.

“Welcome to Jinmen, and welcome to Goyanes. I hope your trip was alright?”

Vera smiled, extending her hand out to him and shaking his hand.

"It was excellent; although our planes are a little bit outdated, they get you where you need to go." She laughed.

The old planes were in fact ancient, the diplomatic jet was last updated in the nineteen eighties or nineties. Deprioritization was to blame for that drop of the ball. The old regime considered it an "unessesary use of state funds" which was in a sense ironic when you considered that, the state had spent an excess of one hundred million IBU on some "secret projects" which ended up just being a siphoning of state assets into properties and luxury items. Leaving all of the unimportant things like "proper international travel for the diplomatic service" out to dry. "Fucking bafoons" She thought to herself.

"But we'd be happy to arrange some purchases from Goyanes if all goes well." She continued to shake the hands of the rest of Vice Chancellor Lorge's team.

"They say a Rynevynn-Radisson jet will outlive the one who buys it. But we're glad you made it alright," Lorge replied.

After pleasantries had been exchanged between the two delegations, they sat facing each other on a long conference table.

"So, shall we get to our first point of business. The Imperial Goyanean Federation feels it is necessary to establish embassies in our respective nations."

Lorge took a sip from his glass of water.

"However, we would like assurances that the reforms that are currently ongoing will continue."

Vera shuffled her assorted papers, and took a sip of her water.

"Absolutely, the ongoing reforms are of primary importance to the General Secretary alongside the politburo and the People's Congress." Vera swiped her hair to the side.

"So on that front, I can assure you these reforms will continue on schedule so as to foster a better Rayvostoka and a better relationship with those outside of it. I hope that quells any concerns that you may have, but feel free to ask any questions while I'm here."

Vera leaned back in her chair, comfortable. "Off to a smooth start." She thought to herself.

Lorge noticed Vera lean back.

"Expected answer," he thought to himself.

"Well, in that case would Rayvostoka be willing to commit themselves to terms on paper?" he asked.

He slid a document across the table to Vera.

"Just a minor formality, however Goyanes would like compliance with the terms in order to maintain our aforementioned diplomatic recognition."

1. Rayvostoka will continue on a path of reform and democratization. Progress will be assessed periodically by the Chancellery of Foreign Affairs at the risk of losing diplomatic recognition.

2. Rayvostoka will not use the establishment of diplomatic facilities with Goyanes as any endorsement of the actions they or the Messianism-Communist Party commit.

3. This agreement does not signal any form of allied partnership with the Imperial Goyanean Federation.

"Of course, I'd expect no less," Vera said, pulling a pen from her breast pocket and pressing down on its silver plunge, sounding its signature. "I'm ready to write," Through a clicking noise that she had heard almost a million times before.
Taking the paper in hand, she read over the terms nodding along as her eyes scanned the paper. It was what she expected, a strings-attached agreement with built-in buffers of the Goyeaneans if anything was to deviate from their specific course. But that was not an issue; in time, the frost would thaw, and blossoms of diplomatic cooperation would bloom from their meager beginnings.

Vera finished, putting the paper down on the table and signing her name at the bottom, looked back up at the Goyeaneans, and pushed the paper back across to them.

"Now that you have my assurances in writing, I would like to move on so as to discuss the future of Rayvostokan-Goyeanean relations and Goyeanean Influence and diplomacy in Auroria, specifically with that of the currently embattled Imperium Suadivici.

Back