-
Deputy Speaker
-
-
-
Pronouns
He/Him, They/Them
St George for Speaker - a Corporate Solution

Ok, so let’s get it out of the way first - yes I said I was retired. I don’t see this as a long term comeback, but who better to help sort out the Speaker’s Office for the two months from now until the September elections?

I’m going to keep this short and sweet, a lot’s already been said about the state the office is in, and anything more I say on the Office’s core competency without detailing what I’d do were I to win would be a waste of words.

Immediate goals:
  1. Restock the office. We’re out of paper and the coffee machine is out of coffee. Again. To be serious, I will be aiming to have at least four deputy speakers and to ensure that they know the job - that means on the job training, not just handing them a guide. I will also seek to empower the deputies to fulfil all the duties of the Office.
  2. Fix the filing system. Needs to happen. We’re being audited. And by that I mean bi-monthly checks to ensure that the joinable groups on the forum and citizenship match up. The results of these audits will be posted in the Speaker’s Desk topic as previously done. This also means ensuring topics are properly archived in the right areas - I’ll be sticking to my previous policy of archiving everything that’s a year old.
  3. Instituting an employee handbook. Whilst there’s no substitute for on the job experience, having guides and handy documents to refer to is a good idea, as there’s a lot of moving parts in the work we do. I’m aware this process has started, so I’ll be reviewing that and making improvements. I will also be publicly posting these guides, so that they are easily findable and to help the general public learn more about what the office does.
  4. Ensure the company by-laws are fit for purpose. This means looking at the Standing Procedures and Regional Assembly Rules in order to see if they should be amended to address bleeding edge developments in our citizenship law or just in general. Should I decide the latter needs amending, that will be put to a vote of the Regional Assembly. I will also be seeking to appoint a Deputy Speaker whose primary role will be to provide advice on legal matters, so that I won’t have to submit requests for review for things best left to internal discussion.
In the long(-ish) term, I aim to leave the office in a place whereby who comes in in September finds a team ready to support them, in an office that operates with a new found synergy and operates with best practices in mind. And to commemorate this new approach I've engaged market leading AI-generated slogan's to help usher in this new era for the upcoming quarter. Here they are:

Today's Speaker, Since 2019.
The Speaker Man.
Speaker Have Another Serving.
The Speaker Of The Year Inspired By Superpower.
There's Always Room For Speaker.
Speaker, Let The Good Times Roll.
Becky.

Last edited:
Who do you have in mind for your Speakers Office A-Team?
All the existing Deputies will be invited to stay on, though we will also be expanding and diversifying the team with some new hires. The experience of the existing deputies in on-boarding these new starters will ensure scalable progress and help us to leverage robust solutions.

Restock the office. We’re out of paper and the coffee machine is out of coffee. Again. To be serious, I will be aiming to have at least four deputy speakers and to ensure that they know the job - that means on the job training, not just handing them a guide. I will also seek to empower the deputies to fulfil all the duties of the Office.
Even when leveraging brand synergy in agile team-based paradigms, sometimes a blue-skies approach isn't enough. Sometimes, members of your leadership team may execute their responsibilities in a way that leaves key stakeholders dissatisfied or otherwise doesn't fit with your voice. How would you architect a mutually beneficial win-win solution in this case?

Unfortunately, without a job history provided I don’t believe I can support you campaign at this time. I mean, how am I supposed to judge whether you’re qualified or not without one?

For the record, as I noted in Discord, if @Fregerson had voted Nay (and I consider it honourable that he did not vote on his own recall), and I had voted Nay (I did not vote even though I counted votes twice), the recall motion would not have carried.

Having said all that, I support St George's candidacy. Good luck.

Last edited:
Even when leveraging brand synergy in agile team-based paradigms, sometimes a blue-skies approach isn't enough. Sometimes, members of your leadership team may execute their responsibilities in a way that leaves key stakeholders dissatisfied or otherwise doesn't fit with your voice. How would you architect a mutually beneficial win-win solution in this case?
Operational oversight and responsibility ultimately all leads back to me - the buck stops there. The way to avoid stakeholder dissatisfaction is to ensure that I take a proactive role in approving work down - I have to read the expenses report. In situations where a deficiency arises I would engage in group problem-solving in order to find solutions that both correct the issue and ensure the member of the leadership team is put in a position to succeed going forward.

For the record, as I noted in Discord, if @Fregerson had voted Nay (and I consider it honourable that he did not vote on his own recall), and I had voted Nay (I did not vote even though I counted votes twice), the recall motion would not have carried.

Having said all that, I support St George's candidacy. Good luck.
To be honest, in a situation where someone avoids being recalled by a two-thirds majority by a single vote, I would expect that person to immediately resign, as they clearly do not enjoy the confidence of the Regional Assembly.

I do thank you for your support though.

Unfortunately, without a job history provided I don’t believe I can support you campaign at this time. I mean, how am I supposed to judge whether you’re qualified or not without one?
I'll just pull my file from the records:
420 MAGICALITY LANE
PORT THEL
THEMADDESTJACK@TNPINC.COM

St George
A long, thin rectangle to divide sections of the document

SKILLS​

Active problem-solving, corporate-oriented leadership experience, group-think encourager, snazzy dancer.

EXPERIENCE​

TNP Inc, Magicality City — Chief Executive Officer​

September 2021 - May 2022
  • Led one of the largest corporate entities in NationStates.
  • Oversaw a re-alignment in corporate thinking and strategy.
  • Ensured an expansion in customer base through new regulations.

TNP Inc, Magicality City — Director for External Strategies​

May 2021 - September 2021
  • Director in charge of relations with other entities, including informal relationships with existing partners.
  • Passed a new working agreement with another leading corporate entity, LazCorp.

TNP Inc, Magicality City — Chief Fun Officer​

January 2021 - May 2021
  • Director in charge of morale within the corporation.
  • Increased employee synergy through weekly events, including Theme Thursday and Music Monday.
  • Increased employee networking opportunities through shared events with other entities.

TNP Inc, Port Thel — Creative Writing Leadership Council​

2016 - Present
  • Member of leadership group for ongoing creative writing hobby group.
  • Previously leader of the group and responsible for overall strategy.

EDUCATION​

University of Defenders London, Sherwood Forest — Rhetoric​

2011 - 2013, Sherwood Forest

I'll just pull my file from the records:
420 MAGICALITY LANE
PORT THEL
THEMADDESTJACK@TNPINC.COM

St George
A long, thin rectangle to divide sections of the document

SKILLS​

Active problem-solving, corporate-oriented leadership experience, group-think encourager, snazzy dancer.

EXPERIENCE​

TNP Inc, Magicality City — Chief Executive Officer​

September 2021 - May 2022
  • Led one of the largest corporate entities in NationStates.
  • Oversaw a re-alignment in corporate thinking and strategy.
  • Ensured an expansion in customer base through new regulations.

TNP Inc, Magicality City — Director for External Strategies​

May 2021 - September 2021
  • Director in charge of relations with other entities, including informal relationships with existing partners.
  • Passed a new working agreement with another leading corporate entity, LazCorp.

TNP Inc, Magicality City — Chief Fun Officer​

January 2021 - May 2021
  • Director in charge of morale within the corporation.
  • Increased employee synergy through weekly events, including Theme Thursday and Music Monday.
  • Increased employee networking opportunities through shared events with other entities.

TNP Inc, Port Thel — Creative Writing Leadership Council​

2016 - Present
  • Member of leadership group for ongoing creative writing hobby group.
  • Previously leader of the group and responsible for overall strategy.

EDUCATION​

University of Defenders London, Sherwood Forest — Rhetoric​

2011 - 2013, Sherwood Forest
I notice a gap in your resume where you claim to have resided in the town of "Dos". Care to explain?

I notice a gap in your resume where you claim to have resided in the town of "Dos". Care to explain?
That didn't stop him from serving a successful 2 delegate terms. Don't see why that should stop him now.

Due to some creative accounting in a previous role, I was required to spend several years legally dead for tax reasons.

Back