Split from Citizenship Appeal Thread

Praetor

Hoppin' Around
TNP Nation
Praeceps
Discord
Praetor#6889
Given that @Siwale wrote:

As the Speaker, may I clarify with Siwale (or any other admin) on what "duplicate IP" means? I would assume that it means that this IP is duplicated with another account. If so, they may actually not fulfill the requirements for an appeal, given that the legal code writes:
I do believe whether they meet the requirements or not is irrelevant in this particular case as the appeal has already been granted (and the Regional Assembly debate has begun); I do not see a mechanism in the law for this appeal to be ungranted.

The appeal was mistakenly but unlawfully granted. Since the appeal does not met the criteria as set out in law the speakers office should uses its authority to end debate.

The appeal was mistakenly but unlawfully granted. Since the appeal does not met the criteria as set out in law the speakers office should uses its authority to end debate.
Could the Speaker use that authority to shut down the debate of someone who failed the VD check? If your answer is no, I don't see why it would be different in this case.

Could the Speaker use that authority to shut down the debate of someone who failed the VD check? If your answer is no, I don't see why it would be different in this case.

That makes no sense. The VD debate doesn’t have criteria to meet, unlike this appeal.

That makes no sense. The VD debate doesn’t have criteria to meet, unlike this appeal.
The VD debate is mandated by the Legal Code, so I would say the Speaker's discretionary power wouldn't trump that requirement. The debate on the appeal is similarly mandated by the Legal Code.

Which is only required if the appeal meets the criteria set out in the law, which this appeal does not.
Since the law does not address this situation, the Speaker has the authority to end this internet their powers granted by 2.8 of the constitution

Last edited:
That is not what the law says.

13. If the appeal is granted, the Regional Assembly shall debate the rejection and will hold a majority vote on whether to uphold it.

The appeal was granted. Whether it was granted inappropriately or not. And let's not pretend that honest mistakes are unthinkable - if the Speaker missed something in an oath and granted someone citizenship, there's no take backs if he later discovers a mistake in the oath. I would refer you to the Court case that covered a question of improper oaths. There's any number of things you can do discovering if an official made a mistake and pushed a button they shouldn't have pushed, but the fact is the button was pushed.

EDIT: I actually think the Speaker should move these posts to the appropriate thread - this one is for people appealing their admin checks, it shouldn't be bogged down with debate over a particular appeal.

Last edited:
Since the law doesn't address this situation, someone with standing should file an r4r on the decision to grant the appeal. Closing debate because we don't know if the appeal is legitimate or not seems silly to me.

Since the law doesn't address this situation, someone with standing should file an r4r on the decision to grant the appeal. Closing debate because we don't know if the appeal is legitimate or not seems silly to me.
It's tough to find a standing to file an r4r. Unless I reject the appeal and someone (likely the petitioner) file an r4r on whether it is legit to reject the appeal after accepting one.

Back