What's up guys? We're back and ready for round 2!

DGES

Mostly Harmless
-
moca_seal.png

(In other words, this is our opening statement)

What’s up folks! It’s ya boi DGES back here at the good ol’ Ministry of Cards. The seal looks much more clean than before, right? For sure! After all, last term we managed to get this dusty place within TNP back into a much better shape. It wasn't easy of course, but we put our tooth and nail into making sure that we had a place within TNP and it ended up succeeding. For these next few months, I’m looking forward to working with everyone one more time to make sure that remains the case.

(And yes, I meant one more time, since this is ideally my last term here. I’ve got grad school in a few months so I can’t be Minister forever lol.)

I can’t even begin to describe how thankful I am to everyone who’s been supporting us all throughout last year. Without your help I’m damn sure this ministry probably would’ve been even worse than the life support it was previously on. Like seriously, pretty much all the stuff that we accomplished during last term wouldn’t have been doable without you guys, and I can only ask that everyone’s continued aid towards this ministry continues, as I can’t do everything by myself.

With all the above being said, let’s get down to what we’ll be doing!

For this term, we’ll be rolling out with what we managed to achieve a while back: the Cards Symposium. (Previous one can be found here: https://www.nationstates.net/page=dispatch/id=1506996)

This event saw a huge success last year (over 100 players attended), so we’ll be rolling it out again sometime this term, along with the Card Awards that were a part of the Symposium’s celebrations.

Other than the above, it’s mainly just making sure we’re keeping our programs in shape, along with resurrecting any potentially dusty or discontinued ones that haven’t seen action (and are definitely capable of being revived). The goal is to ensure that TNP’s card community remains a great place for players who are interested in cards. Additionally, increasing the visibility of our card programs (particularly to newer players) will also help, and I’m open to any ideas on how we can achieve that.

Unlike last term, there will be official deputies this term. As I hinted above, this will hopefully be my last term as Cards Minister so someone needs to (at least) be familiar with running TNP’s card programs. I’ll note that there’s not nearly as many programs as there used to be, but each one is still very important so it's imperative for us to train potential successors. I currently have no picks as of now, but I will be looking for potential additions to the team as the term progresses.

The stellar performance that my staffers made last term was something that I was surprised to see. Activity was at a respectable level within the #cards-staff channel, and I utilized much of their advice to dish out many of the programs we released last term. Going forward, I wish to continue that by taking it a step further. Not only will they continue to provide crucial ideas that have laid the framework for much of this ministry's programs, but they'll be directly involved in constructing one of TNP’s most important card events of the year - along with being given the chance to help run the very Guild that this ministry is centered around. Though I can’t say how everything will go, I believe we can accomplish a lot of good things together!

All in all, that's pretty much what I have to say regarding this term. Whatever's currently in place will remain in place (unless something crazy happens); whatever needs to be revived will (at least try to) be revived; and of course, we'll re-emphasize our presence within the greater NationStates card community through our most anticipated card event of the year ^^. Through everyone's hard work and dedication, I believe that all of these things may come to fruition in some way~

Most Sincerely,
DGES - some broke college student playing NationStates

:ph43r:

Upon discussion, I've announced the first deputy I'll be having this term: @Rewan Demontay

Their consistent activity within this ministry (along with the greater Cards community) has been something I've always been grateful for. Therefore, they'll be added to the leadership team in hopes of being able to help manage TNP's card programs going forward.

I'll be announcing more additions to the team later on. But for now, congratulations to @Rewan Demontay for their new position ^^

I have announced another deputy that will be working with me for this term: @Treekidistan

Even during the times that this ministry was struggling, Treek was willing to provide as much input as possible in order to help us rise back from the ashes. Without them, I don't know what we would've achieved last term. Much like Rewan, they were a huge help and having them join the Cards leadership will provide a huge boost in our ability to function going forward.

Congratulations @Treekidistan for your new position, and welcome to the team ^_^

Back