-
Pronouns
he/him
TNP Nation
Gorundu
Discord
an_dr_ew
Gorundu For Vice Delegate

Hello everyone, it is my hope that most of you have at least some idea of who I am. I’ve been in The North Pacific for a while now, and in that time I’ve served as Speaker, my first Government Official position in TNP, then Minister of World Assembly Affairs under McMasterdonia, and Minister of Communications under Prydania, though all of that was in 2019 and 2020. So as you can see, I’ve been out of any high level government position for a while now, but I have been active in TNP, including the Executive Staff and the Regional Assembly. With the experience and knowledge I have gained over my time here, I believe now is the right time for me to take this step to present a vision for the Vice Delegate’s office and steer it in the right direction for the next four months. However, before I tell you my plans, I think it's wise to first give you my thoughts on the what the role of the Vice Delegate is exactly.

The Vice Delegate’s Role

Over the last few terms, we have seen an expansion of the Vice Delegate’s role, with new initiatives introduced by Cretox State and Kastonvia that potentially overlapped with the duties of the Delegate. So I am dedicating this section to explain my view on this change and my philosophy on the Vice Delegate’s role in general.

By law, the Vice Delegate is in charge of the region’s security. There are several aspects to this. Firstly, there is identifying potential threats from within and outside the region, but this is an area with very little room for innovation - you just need to have the right person as VD and right people in the Security Council with the experience to identify and neutralise the threats. And real threats to the region have been few and far between them in recent years.

The second aspect is to be able to maintain order in times of instability in the region. Having this ability requires the public to place their trust in the Vice Delegate and the Security Council, and this trust has to be earned. The third and perhaps most important aspect is to preempt any possible coup by setting them up for failure Collectively, TNP has decided years ago that the best way to defend ourselves against potential coups is by allowing our residents to maintain high levels of endorsements and accumulate influence, so that any potential coups will hit an insurmountable roadblock. As such, the role of the Vice Delegate has been largely to ensure we maintain a large number of endorsements as a region. As methods of encouraging endorsements have been made easier with the help of scripts, it is natural for a dedicated Vice Delegate to start looking at other ways to increase our endorsements.

These two aspects create the basis for Vice Delegates to improve upon, and I believe that’s what people like Cretox and Kasto have done. In general, their new initiatives seem to be focused on building trust between the nations of The North Pacific and the Security Council so that people will trust the Security Councillors and more readily endorse them - the mentoring, the RMB posting, all seem to be done with this in mind. Other objectives include making the Security Council more transparent and accessible, which are also reflected in the initiatives I mentioned just then, as well as in projects like the SC Handbook and the Advanced Endotarting Guide.

To me, then, this seems like the right path, and perhaps the only path, to take. However, while doing so, we must remember that the Security Council isn’t the only factor in the region’s security. Indeed, maintaining high regional endorsements is a group effort that includes every nation in the region, and so this must also be at the front of the Vice Delegate’s mind. As such, you will see in this platform that emphasis is placed both on the Security Council and increasing endorsements collectively as a region.

The Basics

As far as the office’s basic duties go, there isn’t too much to say about them, so let’s look at them briefly before moving on to more interesting topics.

Endorsements - I don’t believe anyone will doubt my ability to endotart, and with (at least) daily endotarting and the utilisation of telegrams and dispatches I am confident I can get to second place in number of endorsements.
Vice Delegate checks - I have experience performing citizenship checks as Speaker and have also processed ministry applications as Minister and Deputy Minister of several ministries, so this should not be much of a challenge.
World Assembly Development Program - I will continue to maintain the WADP as past Vice Delegates have done, and publish its monthly awards.

Updates and Reporting

Former Vice Delegate Cretox State introduced several new threads for recordkeeping and reporting purposes. While some, such as Vice Delegate Endotarting Actions, have been useful, others are perhaps just needlessly separating things into categories and haven’t seen much use. If elected, I intend to clear up the unnecessary threads and make use of weekly updates in the Vice Delegate’s Desk to communicate most information, with separate updates on specific events as necessary.

Endorsement Events

Currently, although we still have the most Delegate endorsements in the game, our Delegate endorsement-to-WA nations ratio is the lowest among the feeders. Adding to the fact that we are currently third in average WA endorsements when we have usually been second and even first occasionally, I believe an endorsement event may be in order to boost our numbers. Endorsement events have been held in the past with varying degrees of success. I intend to collaborate with the Delegate and the Executive to help ensure this event would run smoothly and to spread the word. Hopefully, by engaging a large number of Security Councillors, Ministers, and generally as many people as we can to spread the word, we will be able to emulate our past successes with this event.

Community Engagement

Much has been made about this issue over the past few terms, and for good reason. Kastonvia had made this the focal issue of his term, and he has certainly been successful in raising Security Councillors’ RMB post counts. I would certainly like to continue this initiative, and lead by example in maintaining an active presence on the RMB and welcoming new nations. I believe the best way to go about this is to just put yourself out there and have a casual chat like you would on Discord. After all, for those of us in the region who primarily use Discord, it’s the best way to get to know each other, so we should try to extend that same opportunity to those on the RMB for those who want to see more of their government officials.

Furthermore, I believe there are more we can do to increase the visibility of Security Councillors. These could potentially include holding Ask Me Anything’s (AMAs) on the Regional Message Board, taking part in radio shows, whether it’s to discuss the Security Council or something else, and perhaps even writing articles for the Ministry of Communications on subjects such as endotarting and assessing security. They could be done by individual Security Councillors taking the initiative, or could be a collaborative project within the Council, such as perhaps collaborating on an article. These could be done during the aforementioned endorsement event to boost interest, but ultimately can be done at any time and hopefully done regularly. I will do my best to encourage Security Councillors to take part in these activities and will try to do something myself in this realm.

Vice Delegate Mentoring

Former Vice Delegate Cretox State established the Vice Delegate Mentoring program by sending welcome messages to new citizens during his term. If elected, I intend to streamline this program with the Ministry of Home Affairs’ mentoring program to create a sustainable and effective mentoring structure which could also involve other Security Councillors as Cretox had envisioned. The goal will be to ensure every new member on the forums, and especially new citizens, receives a private message, with personalised messages as much as possible if there is any way we can tell where a new player’s interests might lie.

Declassification

Although most Security Council records have now been declassified, there is still about a year’s worth of records that should be declassified but have not yet been. It would be my intention to declassify these records as soon as possible, but as there is currently a bill in front of the Regional Assembly that could change what records are eligible for declassification, I believe it is prudent to wait until either an outcome on the bill is clear or no action had been taken on it for some time. Either way, I anticipate that these records would be declassified before the end of the term.

I will also state that I am supportive of the bill and should I be elected and the bill be passed, I will move to review past redactions that would no longer have a basis for classification under the new law, and un-redact them as necessary.

Other Projects?

The abrupt disappearance of former Vice Delegate Cretox State a few months ago left several of his campaign promises/ideas unfulfilled or only partially fulfilled. I intend to revisit some of these to bring them to completion. The ones I am most interested in looking at are the SC Handbook and the Advanced Endotarting Guide.

The SC Handbook is mostly completed and published with only the Members section still needing work, so I believe it can be finished relatively easily. After completion, I intend to promote it widely, as it was initially launched without much promotion, so many in the region might not be aware of this useful document’s existence and the opportunity it offers for them to learn more about the Security Council.

The Advanced Endotarting Guide, I believe, is at a lesser stage of completion. While I don’t expect it would make a drastic difference, it will probably be useful in boosting endorsements in our region as a whole. I will review what is currently available to me and consult with the Security Council on what it should look like as a finished product before trying to undertake some work on it. However, I will make no promises as to whether it could be completed by the end of the term.

Any questions?

And so I present to you my philosophy for the office of the Vice Delegate and the ideas I wish to enact if elected. I hope this convinces you, dear voter, that I should be the next Vice Delegate of The North Pacific. As always, I welcome any sensible questions.

I'm surprised but excited about your candidacy, Gorundu.

How would you say you differ from Sir Kasto and why does that make you a better choice for VD?

It is important, in my opinion, for one to consider reasons why you would put yourself up against an incumbent. May I then ask, how do you think Sir Kasto did as Vice Delegate, and where are the areas they are lacking in?

I'm surprised but excited about your candidacy, Gorundu.

How would you say you differ from Sir Kasto and why does that make you a better choice for VD?
At this point, without a platform from Kasto, it's difficult to say what our differences are now, but if I were to look at his previous campaign and the past term, I would say it's mainly in how we approach the role of the Vice Delegate. While Kasto had made the Security Council's community relations the one significant issue of his campaign and specifically RMB posting as the vehicle to improve that, I believe: 1) that emphasis needs to be placed on improving our overall endorsements as a region too; and 2) that building strong community relations is not just limited to the RMB.

Other than our differerent thoughts on the office of the VD, I suppose our experience does differ somewhat, with myself having served in more ministerial offices and probably having had more interactions outside our region by virtue of that and my service in the NPA, which was also a great opportunity to learn about security in the context of foreign interactions. However, Kasto has also served capably as Vice Delegate, the second-highest office in the region, so I wouldn't necessarily say I would be a better choice for VD by virtue of that.
It is important, in my opinion, for one to consider reasons why you would put yourself up against an incumbent. May I then ask, how do you think Sir Kasto did as Vice Delegate, and where are the areas they are lacking in?
Honestly, I couldn't really tell whether Kasto was planning to run again, given he nominated me without accepting his own nominations (which is quite unusual for someone running for a position), and even now I still can't tell whether they are running for the position seriously, given that incumbents running for re-election typically come prepared with a platform that they put out quite early on. Adding to that, he wasn't particularly active in reporting on the Security Council's acitivity or the state of the region's endorsements in the latter stages of the term, with the last weekly update nearly a month ago on December 7. I suppose this also answers the question as to what I thought about his term as Vice Delegate - while there was strong activity at the start of the term and a significant increase in the Security Council's RMB activity in line with his campaign promise, it seemed to have run out of steam later on.
heck yeah!!!
Thanks for your support!

I'm impressed with your answers and am glad you took to the time to really put together a quality platform.

You have my support.

Gorundu, which threads do you feel are unnecessary and should be cleaned out?

You want to streamline the mentor program - as I recall Cretox started this program to streamline mentoring, because the same person passing a check was also reaching out to the prospective new citizen. Seems to me that without some specifics carefully laid out, mixing the SC and HA in the same program could be tricky. Streamlining is simplifying and I’m not sure how this is simplifying things.

It’s common for candidates running for Vice Delegate to cite a endorsement events as a cure for our endorsement ills but they haven’t had a great track record lately. If you’re seriously going to advance that, I’m going to need a lot more detail, especially how your version of the event would differ from the past ones and succeed where they failed.

You said your experience with other regions is relevant to security knowledge. Okay I’ll bite - what did you learn from the other regions as it relates to security and how might that knowledge help us here with our own? Vice Delegate is an internal position, I’m much more interested in hearing you explain how your knowledge of the RMB and our regional culture will enhance your work as Vice Delegate. So tell me how your knowledge outside our borders and inside them will make you better in this role.

But most importantly I want to know why you’re seeking this office. You run for things as a regular course, what is it about this honestly annoying, difficult office that makes you want to step up? Especially as you seem to agree with the incumbent’s approach. When challenging an incumbent, you have to have a case for why we should suspend the progress and stability that incumbent offers us (assuming of course that the incumbent is offering us those things) and essentially start from scratch with you. All I see is he doesn’t post on the thread as often as you might, and he nominated you without accepting his nomination right away. You need to make a more compelling case than that, and I’ve seen the questions you ask people in other threads so I know you’re capable of doing that.

I'm impressed with your answers and am glad you took to the time to really put together a quality platform.

You have my support.
Thank you so much!

It's now time for the Pallaith questionnaire:
Gorundu, which threads do you feel are unnecessary and should be cleaned out?
The threads I will keep are Vice Delegate Endotarting Actions (though I feel it should have a different name to better describe its function, perhaps Endorsement Alerts) and SC Declassification Tracker. The others will be gone. I'm aware that two of them are past events and are clearly no longer relevant but just hasn't been archived, and as to the third, the WADP announcements, it's a regular monthly occurrence so posting pretty much the same thing at the same time every month doesn't really serve a purpose.

You want to streamline the mentor program - as I recall Cretox started this program to streamline mentoring, because the same person passing a check was also reaching out to the prospective new citizen. Seems to me that without some specifics carefully laid out, mixing the SC and HA in the same program could be tricky. Streamlining is simplifying and I’m not sure how this is simplifying things.
I think the issue is that there currently exists, at least nominally, two mentoring programs run by two separate entities, which can cause confusion for the newcomers that they are supposed to help (What's the difference between these two people messaging me? Who do I respond to?) What I'm hoping to see is essentially one mentoring program, run jointly by the VD/SC and HA. So what I'm imagining there would be is

- Cross-checking the templates that currently exist for each program make them into standardized templates that are used by both
- Distributing who is in charge of who (I imagine something like the VD being in charge of new citizens and HA being in charge of other new forum members)
- Developing some guidelines on how messages can be personalized for the recipient
- The VD being a regular participant in the mentoring Discord channel so advice can be sought on how best to respond to a newcomer's questions between the VD and HA mentors

It’s common for candidates running for Vice Delegate to cite a endorsement events as a cure for our endorsement ills but they haven’t had a great track record lately. If you’re seriously going to advance that, I’m going to need a lot more detail, especially how your version of the event would differ from the past ones and succeed where they failed.
First, I think I should specify that I am thinking of an event like Endorse Your Heart Out, not any specific transition-related event. Of these, the two most recent ones are the one I have just mentioned, which was successful, and the one Cretox attempted to hold, which was unsuccessful. I'm not actually entirely sure what happened with that event - it seemed like it was just abandoned right after being launched. It was originally envisioned as an event to boost overall regional endorsements, but was then turned into one focused on Delegate endorsements due to what I assume to be the declining population making it unfeasible (although I feel overall endorsements would be less connected to WA population than Delegate endorsements, as evidenced during Endorse Your Heart Out when the WA population dropped but overall endorsements rose). I think the timing probably played a big role in the failure, but then again it was abandoned before it was really given a chance, so I'm not sure what exactly happened.

I think the difference will be made in how much promotion is done on the RMB and via telegrams, which will affect how many people (especially newcomers) will know that this event is going on and be encouraged to exchange endorsements. I remember participating in the successful Endorse Your Heart Out event as part of the Cabinet, and I can say there was certainly concentrated efforts to promote it gameside. Timing, as I mentioned before, is obviously a consideration - it should be done at a point when the overall population is rising (or at least not declining significantly) to best take advantage of the situation. As for the goals, I believe a goal for Delegate and VD endorsements and one for overall regional endorsements is probably the best way to go. Something like WA nation numbers is too dependent on factors outside our control. The specific goals and rewards will of course have to be set closer to the date depending on the endorsement situation, but I don't believe they have played a role in the failure of any endorsement events.

You said your experience with other regions is relevant to security knowledge. Okay I’ll bite - what did you learn from the other regions as it relates to security and how might that knowledge help us here with our own? Vice Delegate is an internal position, I’m much more interested in hearing you explain how your knowledge of the RMB and our regional culture will enhance your work as Vice Delegate. So tell me how your knowledge outside our borders and inside them will make you better in this role.
I think my experience outside the region has taught me where to keep an eye on for people who might want harm done on TNP, and now that the Vice Delegate's check also includes rejecting fascists, who or where to look to if we suspect someone of having fascist connections. So this area of experience will mostly relate to conducting the VD check, but as I said before and you have implied here, it is not a particularly significant advantage in the context of the office, especially since real credible threats are fairly rare nowadays.

As for our internal culture, I think I'm fairly aware of the state of the RMB - it is pretty disconnected to the forum and the political scene and generally consist of these kinds of people - newcomers who are still confused what the forums and Discord are, and those who prefer the RMB to the forums/Discord, which includes regular posters (some of whom are citizens) and Strangereal RPers. Generally the newcomers are probably more welcome to hearing government announcements on the RMB and learn about the region, whereas the others kind of have their own culture and prefers to stay away from politics, but can be persuaded to take a more active role in special events like an endorsement event. As to how else this might enhance my work as Vice Delegate, I think it's simply that to build relations on the RMB, it is easier to take a casual approach and have a chat about anything, rather than perhaps going "This is the Security Council and here's why we are important".

Other than the RMB, we both know there are citizens who hold a more critical view of the Security Council than you do, particularly regarding their activity levels, which is why I also suggested in my platform that an effort should be made to encourage Security Councillors to engage in some form of executive government activity to improve this perception.

But most importantly I want to know why you’re seeking this office. You run for things as a regular course, what is it about this honestly annoying, difficult office that makes you want to step up? Especially as you seem to agree with the incumbent’s approach. When challenging an incumbent, you have to have a case for why we should suspend the progress and stability that incumbent offers us (assuming of course that the incumbent is offering us those things) and essentially start from scratch with you. All I see is he doesn’t post on the thread as often as you might, and he nominated you without accepting his nomination right away. You need to make a more compelling case than that, and I’ve seen the questions you ask people in other threads so I know you’re capable of doing that.
I don't believe I am simply "[agreeing] with the incumbent's approach" as you've suggested here. While I largely agree with the incumbent's philosophy, I think I have clearly proposed several agenda items that Kasto has not. His platform seems to suggest that the office should be entering a period of consolidation and simply extend its projects from this term, chiefly the increase in RMB involvement by the Security Council. I believe, however, that the office is still in a phase for change and there is still much to be done to improve the office, especially in light of our current numbers - the Delegate endorsements-to-WA natios ratio is lower than historic levels and even lower than every other Feeder (which for a region that has always prided ourselves in our endorsement culture seems to indicate there is an issue) and our average endorsements is also slipping down the rankings (currently at 4th). This is definitely, as you said, an annoying and difficult office, but I believe I have the experience and the energy to perform the duties expected of the office and continue making the changes that need to be made.

Thank you for your questions, and I sincerely hope I have responded to them to your satisfaction.

Gorundu, I appreciate your answers. I still think you’re playing softball on the most important one though. You seem to be implying those declining stats are the fault of the incumbent, but without clearly saying so, and without laying out the case. You need to do that because if you don’t, you’re just pointing out ways the position of VD is hard, and possibly pointing out things that you may find when on this job are out of your control, and that would be awkward to explain in your own re-election campaign. So how are those declining stats Kasto’s fault, and how would you bring them up?

Now about your SC activity assertion, and the subtle dig at me and my concern for it. Why don’t you explain to me the best you can what precisely the SC should be doing that it’s not, as far as it goes with doing the job they’re out there to do. I understand many citizens are critical of its activity, that’s always been true. But is it a fair criticism? And does it hold up compared to our history? If you’re going to chair the SC you ought to have an understanding of how it works, what the culture is, and how you’re going to elicit this in demand activity that you’re invoking. How would you do it? How will you get GBM and Siwale to post more on the RMB, and when they do, how will that materially improve the SC’s output? Come to think of it, what is the SC’s output? I know what the Speaker’s output is, I know what a minister’s output is - what concrete results and contributions to the region does the SC do that they aren’t doing well enough for people’s taste?

You may just be agreeing with Kasto’s philosophy, but I don’t think you can deny he’s got this covered. If connecting with the RMB and improving outreach is the goal, he’s making a decent case for that. If you want to get the housekeeping and organizational work covered, you’ve made a strong case for that. So I see this choice as being between which type of VD work is more important, and what kind of “expert” we’re looking to hire. Assuming you accept my characterization, which of those two approaches do you think is most important for the job, and for the term ahead?

Gorundu, I appreciate your answers. I still think you’re playing softball on the most important one though. You seem to be implying those declining stats are the fault of the incumbent, but without clearly saying so, and without laying out the case. You need to do that because if you don’t, you’re just pointing out ways the position of VD is hard, and possibly pointing out things that you may find when on this job are out of your control, and that would be awkward to explain in your own re-election campaign. So how are those declining stats Kasto’s fault, and how would you bring them up?
I want to first clarify that I did not mean to imply that the declining stats are the fault of the incumbent whatsoever. We were clearly faced with some difficult circumstances in terms of WA numbers towards the start of the term, and Kasto has done a good job just in getting Madjack into the WA Delegate position and himself into second place. It was also difficult to see a clear picture when a transition is ongoing, and obviously these stats are not the focus during a transition period. I honestly don't know what's the cause of these declining stats, but now that we now have the stats to suggest that something is not quite right, it's something we should be paying special attention to. I suppose if there is any issue I am taking with Kasto, it's that he hasn't addressed this issue in his re-election campaign. There are certainly factors that are out of the Vice Delegate's control, but I believe there's a lot we haven't tried yet to mitigate the issue, so that's what I want to do. I've already proposed an endorsement event as part of this strategy and explained how I would try to ensure its success. There are other items - the SC Handbook for example would go some way into helping people better understand the Security Council and be more willing to endorse, and perhaps changing our alert TGs or endotarting TGs to sound more personal or to be more creative will attract a recipient's attention better.

Now about your SC activity assertion, and the subtle dig at me and my concern for it. Why don’t you explain to me the best you can what precisely the SC should be doing that it’s not, as far as it goes with doing the job they’re out there to do. I understand many citizens are critical of its activity, that’s always been true. But is it a fair criticism? And does it hold up compared to our history? If you’re going to chair the SC you ought to have an understanding of how it works, what the culture is, and how you’re going to elicit this in demand activity that you’re invoking. How would you do it? How will you get GBM and Siwale to post more on the RMB, and when they do, how will that materially improve the SC’s output? Come to think of it, what is the SC’s output? I know what the Speaker’s output is, I know what a minister’s output is - what concrete results and contributions to the region does the SC do that they aren’t doing well enough for people’s taste?
As you have said many times, the SC is inherently a reactive body, which means looking at its activity with an expectation of proactivity isn't quite appropriate. But as the SC is supposed to be a group of people entrusted to uphold law and order and protect the region's legitimate government during times of crisis, and thus be at the forefront of attention during our most dire times, it should at least be proactive in ensuring its presence is seen, both as a collective and as its individual members, so that people know who they are and know they will be there to respond to threats. If, for example, the general population is unsure of whether several Security Councillors are in fact active, then the SC has broken that trust in that people will be unsure whether the SC will actually be there in times of crisis, and it would be fair to direct criticism at the SC. Currently this is not much of an issue, but the SC should be vigilant to prevent it from happening. And I suppose that is the SC's output - trust. In terms of getting SCers to get out there and interact, I will admit that I do subscribe to a similar philosophy to Kasto in that it's better done through repeated encouragement and leading by example. But there is no magic pill to make all SCers active on the RMB, and some will be much more difficult to budge than others.

Of course there are also less abstract ways to measure the SC's output, like endorsement numbers, which are also integral to regional security, but I feel like that isn't the main point of these questions and I have already covered this extensively in my previous answers and platform.

You may just be agreeing with Kasto’s philosophy, but I don’t think you can deny he’s got this covered. If connecting with the RMB and improving outreach is the goal, he’s making a decent case for that. If you want to get the housekeeping and organizational work covered, you’ve made a strong case for that. So I see this choice as being between which type of VD work is more important, and what kind of “expert” we’re looking to hire. Assuming you accept my characterization, which of those two approaches do you think is most important for the job, and for the term ahead?
To be honest, I think both types of qualities you have described will be important for the term ahead. Organization and outreach will both play an important role in responding to an unusual lull in our endorsement activity. There needs to be an organized response, organized programs and organized events, but outreach is intertwined within all that - to connect with the people we need to endorse the Delegate or exchange endorsements.

I would perhaps frame the choice as between continuous change and consolidation. I believe moving this office forward involves looking at what more we can do towards higher endorsements and higher engagement. The work done so far has been good, but there is more to do.

Gorundu, continuous change is ambitious with a reactive, very particular group like the SC. Given any thought to how you’ll herd them in the direction you want them to go? Just how ambitious will you be with changing procedure and such?

This hasn’t come up in this election, but the Vice Delegate may have to step up and serve as Delegate if something happens to the Delegate. How has your collection of experiences made you prepared to do that if it comes to it?

I would like to know how you intend to step up your game with community outreach and the RMB considering we’ll lose that easy link we get right now with Kasto as the LGA. I’m concerned that we may overcorrect and not build on the possibility we have with Kasto.

You have a detailed and in-depth campaign and I am excited to see what you can accomplish. You've got my vote.

Gorundu, continuous change is ambitious with a reactive, very particular group like the SC. Given any thought to how you’ll herd them in the direction you want them to go? Just how ambitious will you be with changing procedure and such?
The changes I want to implement has been detailed in my platform. Most of them will of course require the cooperation of the Security Council, but none of them are radical and some of them the Security Council has already had experience with under past Vice Delegates. The Security Council has taken positive steps towards becoming a more public-facing institution under the last few Vice Delegates, and its continued evolving will depend a lot on the example set by the Vice Delegate. I believe by being proactive about introducing agenda items and encouraging members to contribute in internal discussions and external outreach, the Security Council will be responsive to some degree.

I'm not sure where you question about changing procedure comes from - there are only a few formal procedures in the Security Council and I don't believe I've indicated I want to change these.

This hasn’t come up in this election, but the Vice Delegate may have to step up and serve as Delegate if something happens to the Delegate. How has your collection of experiences made you prepared to do that if it comes to it?
I've served in the Executive Council in different roles, I've been a member of most ministries in the executive, and I would say that I have developed a good understanding of how the executive functions as well as our network of friends and allies outside the region. So I do believe I would be able to provide direction and guidance to the executive, and work with the Ministers to continue implementing their agendas, if the situation arises.

I would like to know how you intend to step up your game with community outreach and the RMB considering we’ll lose that easy link we get right now with Kasto as the LGA. I’m concerned that we may overcorrect and not build on the possibility we have with Kasto.
I suppose all I can do is give you my solemn word that I will be on the RMB more frequently to answer questions, resolve confusions, or just have a chat with TNPers, and regularly encourage SCers to do the same. Kasto's dual role as VD and LGA certainly helped make him a more recognisable figure to our gameside residents and gave him to ability to conduct outreach for the executive and the Security Council at the same time, but having the role split between different people is an opportunity to expand the interactions between gameside residents and various parts of the government. I also intend for the SC Handbook, once completed, to be heavily promoted gameside in order to further this process of outreach and increase knowledge of the Security Council across the region.

Very good campaign in my opinion! Good luck Gorundu
Thank you for the kind words!

What do you plan to do in regards to the greatest threat to our democracy, the evil villain kastonvia?
Disclosing the plan would jeropardise the security of the operation.

You have a detailed and in-depth campaign and I am excited to see what you can accomplish. You've got my vote.
Thank you for your support.

Do you have more concrete proposals on endotarting? Or just increasing the raw count in WA members for starters? This is really the only area I care about, and I like your proposals but I hope it can go further.

Last edited:
Do you have more concrete proposals on endotarting? Or just increasing the raw count in WA members for starters? This is really the only area I care about, and I like your proposals but I hope it can go further.
From what I have seen, increasing the raw count of WA members is more difficult than increasing the number of endorsements exchanged (by already existing WA members), because the WA is one of the first game mechanics newcomers learn about, so awareness isn't really an issue here. Rather, there are people who refuse to join the WA for a variety of reasons, for example they want to manage their nation without the interference of the WA on their stats, or they want to roleplay their nation and there are WA policies they disagree with. We could probably do more on this front - perhaps a FAQ section to address common misconceptions in the WADP dispatches would be a good idea. There's no magic bullet that is guaranteed to increase endotarting either, but I think my plans including the endorsement event, with proper planning and execution, and more passive resources like the SC Handbook and the Advanced Endotarting Guide, would have a good chance of success in boosting our numbers.

Back