Pallaith

TNPer
-
-
-
-
July 13, 2021
[4:17 PM] Wage Slave to a Corp: oh cool im here now
[5:13 PM] Pallaith, King of the North: Yeah the permissions are not quite updated yet
[5:25 PM] Wage Slave to a Corp: Since the gov sheet is updated now it should stick once the bot checks
[8:27 PM] LD: Gov sheet still lists me as an associate justice tho
[8:38 PM] Wage Slave to a Corp: Kewl and I’m still deputy speaker
[8:45 PM] LD: Hail to our eternal positions I guess, lel
July 16, 2021
[2:20 PM] Pallaith, King of the North: Lore seems to be away
[2:21 PM] Pallaith, King of the North: But we should probably wrap up the Chief Justice thing soon I think
[3:53 PM] Wage Slave to a Corp: @Pallaith, King of the North Would you be willing to do the techincal part of updating the Case thread ?
[3:54 PM] Pallaith, King of the North: Did I understand everything correctly in my post?
[4:00 PM] Wage Slave to a Corp: Let me double check I’m on the mobile I’m having power surges
[4:01 PM] Wage Slave to a Corp: Case thread I was talking about this https://forum.thenorthpacific.org/topic/9048109/
[4:02 PM] Wage Slave to a Corp: There’s a word document floating somewhere
July 17, 2021
[12:48 AM] Pallaith, King of the North: Yes I would be willing to. As I said, I want to further amend it if possible to bring back that table of contents we used to have. But I’m not sure that’s possible
[12:53 AM] Pallaith, King of the North: By the way @Court we have a R4R, I would like Lore to have a chance to weigh in but I’m not sure on his availability. In any case we’re not all on now so let’s touch base tomorrow at some point.

I would like to review some previous R4Rs that were answered as well as those that were not - I feel the unanswered ones may be relevant here as it relates to standing in particular. Should we decide to proceed with answering it, regrettably we must discuss the prospect of my recusal because I have a feeling people will conclude that as an author of a bill to change this particular area of the law, I would have a conflict of interest. The ruling of course would only touch on the law as currently written, and my bill is additive without changing the existing wording or affecting the clause that this review is concerned with. But you know, appearances.

Those are basically the areas of consideration most immediately in front of us I would like to discuss tomorrow
[7:22 AM] Wage Slave to a Corp: i expect another one when your bill passes
[12:30 PM] Just a Wah: I get home at midnight i will takr a look then
[1:18 PM] Wage Slave to a Corp: If we want to put a table of contents in the court rulling we can put it as post 2 have post 1 be the introduction to court rulings
[1:32 PM] Wage Slave to a Corp: i would also like to discuss proposing a bill that will grant the court the ability to order the preservation of evidence when a criminal indictment is filed. RE: v. Pigeonstan
[1:42 PM] Pallaith, King of the North: Court procedures can’t address that?
[1:43 PM] Pallaith, King of the North: If it requires a law I feel like it puts us in a weird place. Would be better if someone outside the Court wrote it I would think
[1:43 PM] Wage Slave to a Corp: Court procedures could address it
[1:44 PM] Pallaith, King of the North: I think we should outline a procedure change first and see if we can address it that way
July 18, 2021
[3:37 AM] Pallaith, King of the North: I have noticed that prior justices have more specifically time stamped logs from Discord, and that mine does not do this - I'm not sure if I am missing a setting or if they used a logging bot or something, but if either of you have that capability, I hope I can ask you to provide the Discord logs that we will include in our threads? I have archived the past term's threads in the appropriate archives, I wanted to make a thread for the past terms Discord logs as well but ran into that issue.

I updated the past decisions thread - some minor formatting changes on the last decision posted there, and on additional decision added, it should be up to date now. I want to consult with admin on the table of contents issue - I think there's a couple approaches we can take but I want to make sure it will work.

Additionally I would like your input on the private threads we still have in the private justice archive, before I begin releasing them.

Finally, I have made the thread for the current R4R: https://forum.thenorthpacific.org/topic/9194889/
[3:37 AM] Pallaith, King of the North: please review that thread as it contains some timely matters and the R4R was filed on Friday @Court
@Pallaith, King of the North
I have noticed that prior justices have more specifically time stamped logs from Discord, and that mine does not do this - I'm not sure if I am missing a setting or if they used a logging bot or something, but if either of you have that capability, I hope I can ask you to provide the Discord logs that we will include in our threads? I have archived the past term's threads in the appropriate archives, I wanted to make a thread for the past terms Discord logs as well but ran into that issue. I updated the past decisions thread - some minor formatting changes on the last decision posted there, and on additional decision added, it should be up to date now. I want to consult with admin on the table of contents issue - I think there's a couple approaches we can take but I want to make sure it will work. Additionally I would like your input on the private threads we still have in the private justice archive, before I begin releasing them. Finally, I have made the thread for the current R4R: https://forum.thenorthpacific.org/topic/9194889/
[5:00 AM] Just a Wah: For the timestamps you go to AppSettings > Appearance > Message Display and pick Compact. it adds time of post to each message and gets rid of pictures which fixes formating issues they cause.
please review that thread as it contains some timely matters and the R4R was filed on Friday @Court
[5:13 AM] Just a Wah: My thoughts are known.
[5:19 AM] Just a Wah: My thoughts boil down to I think we should deny it because there is no ambiguity because the Vice Delegate's power to deny on security reasons is not a power in isolation. It is synergistic with RA's power to sustain or rebuke that denial. It would be improper for the Court to preempt the RA which has the power to deny the VD's criteria for security threat.
[12:00 PM] Pallaith, King of the North: @Just a Wah do you also have thoughts on my potential recusal?
[12:02 PM] Wage Slave to a Corp: i was just replying to that thread
[12:06 PM] Pallaith, King of the North: Thanks for the clarification on Discord logs. I’ll go ahead and make that change and set up a Discord log thread for the previous term, and add relevant logs to the R4R case thread. I’ll put my thoughts on the case in the thread
July 19, 2021
[11:27 AM] Just a Wah: @Court I have taken a shot at writing the denial. I rather add the denial based on lack of ambiguity as well to cut off an attempt at bringing up the same thing when there is a lack of ambiguity on it's face.
[11:35 AM] Pallaith, King of the North: @Just a Wah I have replied
[12:09 PM] Wage Slave to a Corp: im going to catch up once im off work
July 20, 2021
[11:16 AM] Wage Slave to a Corp: prob going to need to get a THO lined up
[11:16 AM] Wage Slave to a Corp: When Ghost bill passes i expect someone to challenge it
[11:43 AM] Pallaith, King of the North: Got anyone in mind?
[11:47 AM] Wage Slave to a Corp: Arty or Eras off the top of my headf
[12:03 PM] Pallaith, King of the North: Would it be inappropriate for me to reach out to them since I would be the one recusing myself?
[12:09 PM] Wage Slave to a Corp: i dont think so but i can if you would prefer
[2:03 PM] Pallaith, King of the North: Artemis confirmed he would accept a THO role
[2:03 PM] Pallaith, King of the North: When the time comes I believe you guys have to arrange for that?
[2:03 PM] Wage Slave to a Corp: believe so
[2:03 PM] Pallaith, King of the North: So give him a ring when the time comes
[2:03 PM] Wage Slave to a Corp: yep
[2:05 PM] Pallaith, King of the North: @Just a Wah take another look at our ongoing discussion for the R4R. I would like to get a final response out tonight, and I would like to work on what Dreadton has come up with.

It has been said that we’re being a bit more collaborative about this than is typical for how these are normally handled. I can see where they’re coming from but I think this wasn’t such a bad approach
[2:16 PM] Wage Slave to a Corp: Easier to catch mistakes if we all work on something
[8:58 PM] Pallaith, King of the North: @Court I put a draft together, take a gander
[10:56 PM] Just a Wah: @Pallaith, King of the North I like your current version and I think it is sufficient if there is no other thoughts or etc on the matter.
[10:59 PM] Just a Wah: And personally due to the nature question and the sensitive nature of the Vice Delegate and public discourse around their position and powers in regards to citizenship checks I think the full court working on this is appropriate.
[10:59 PM] Just a Wah: nature of the question*
[11:06 PM] Pallaith, King of the North: I used Dreadton's material pretty much verbatim in addition to my language, so I will go ahead and post it
[11:29 PM] Pallaith, King of the North: I have reviewed all remaining private court threads that are up for declassification (anything that is a year or older that is still in our private area), I don't see any problem sending them through, I'll go ahead and consider this last call for you two to give them a look, and aim to have them released tomorrow @Court
July 21, 2021
[3:35 PM] Just a Wah: So how long until we get an R4R over the court denying the last R4R?
[3:45 PM] Wage Slave to a Corp: Not nesting r4rs
[3:45 PM] Wage Slave to a Corp: Lol
July 22, 2021
[9:30 PM] Pallaith, King of the North: Well I missed my self-imposed deadline, I’ll try to tackle it later tonight or tomorrow
July 26, 2021
[2:48 PM] Wage Slave to a Corp: if there is no objections to my proposed rule change I would like to see it added
[8:21 PM] Pallaith, King of the North: Alright I’ll make it happen
July 28, 2021
[6:29 PM] Wage Slave to a Corp: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1XfY0x1MUaGEAa965P-CJ-rdpKAKjrkF8kWQFldbp2cE/edit boom i found it
[6:30 PM] Wage Slave to a Corp: @Pallaith, King of the North You said you have an AG manual?
[6:36 PM] Pallaith, King of the North: No, I said there was something from the AG’s office in our archive, that seemed to do that
July 29, 2021
[11:49 PM] Pallaith, King of the North: @Court the inevitable r4r is here: https://forum.thenorthpacific.org/topic/9194925/

For obvious reasons I’m not responding to it. If one of you accepts the r4r, I will recuse myself and you will need to make the relevant thread about it in chambers, where I will not participate
July 30, 2021
[6:05 AM] Wage Slave to a Corp: Admin stuff done and thread opened
[8:49 AM] Wage Slave to a Corp: @Just a Wah I dont see any reason you would need to be recused from discussion, will you be part of it?
[8:51 AM] Wage Slave to a Corp: @Pallaith, King of the North I am assuming that you are fully recusing yourself from the discussion on wether to accept the r4r in addition to recusing yourself if it is accepted
[8:51 AM] Wage Slave to a Corp: i just want it to be fully clear when everything is posted
[8:51 AM] Pallaith, King of the North: Strictly speaking there doesn’t really need to be a discussion about accepting it, but no I won’t be part of any such discussion either
[8:58 AM] Wage Slave to a Corp: i know, i want a clear record established because this will be nasty
[9:14 AM] Pallaith, King of the North: @Wage Slave to a Corp remember that if the r4r is accepted, the thread will need to be moved to chambers and labeled accordingly
[9:17 AM] Wage Slave to a Corp: yes
[9:20 AM] Pallaith, King of the North: Perhaps we also have to have a discussion about our handling of r4rs. Since it’s now objectionable that accepting them is a group discussion. It’s been that way as long as I’ve been on the court but I recognize that strictly speaking that’s not how it’s always been done. And some might argue that it makes the appeal process a bit of a foregone conclusion (edited)
[9:20 AM] Pallaith, King of the North: Let’s put a pin in that for after this one is done
[9:22 AM] Wage Slave to a Corp: its been like that for as long as i remeber i would have to check archieves to see when it started, but i know Zyet did it like that through his terms
@Wage Slave to a Corp
@Just a Wah I dont see any reason you would need to be recused from discussion, will you be part of it?
[10:49 AM] Just a Wah: I will.
[11:53 AM] Wage Slave to a Corp: Whats the name of the subform we need to open?
[11:54 AM] Pallaith, King of the North: It’s under Special Court Chambers. Currently has one thread in it
[11:54 AM] Wage Slave to a Corp: yeah i dont see that
[11:55 AM] Wage Slave to a Corp: has to be a CJ thing
[11:55 AM] Pallaith, King of the North: Interesting. Well even if I make a thread there how are you going to see it?
[11:55 AM] Pallaith, King of the North: Easy solution to this I would think is you just relabel the r4r thread [Chambers]
[11:56 AM] Wage Slave to a Corp: or the admins would have to invert the permissions on that subforum where the associates and THOs can see it but the CJ cant
[11:56 AM] Pallaith, King of the North: My way seems easier
[11:57 AM] Wage Slave to a Corp: it does
[11:57 AM] Wage Slave to a Corp: but will the THO see it
[11:57 AM] Pallaith, King of the North: ...
[11:57 AM] Pallaith, King of the North: Yeah that’s why we put them in Chambers
[11:57 AM] Pallaith, King of the North: So the THO can see them and not the private forum
[11:57 AM] Pallaith, King of the North: Okay well...not sure why you can’t see it then
[11:57 AM] Pallaith, King of the North: Ask an admin I guess
August 8, 2021
[12:25 PM] Wage Slave to a Corp: Im thinking for the court case update, post one will be the seal with a short introduction and post 2 would be the table
[12:50 PM] Pallaith, King of the North: Which involves editing all the posts in the thread accordingly I assume?
[12:50 PM] Pallaith, King of the North: Why couldn’t those two posts be in the same post?
[12:54 PM] Wage Slave to a Corp: We will have to edit all the post anyway each rulling would be in its own post Seperating the intro and the table will let the table grow without having to split it when it grows
[12:56 PM] Pallaith, King of the North: Well we would need to make a new thread then wouldn’t we? Or at least add way more posts to the existing thread, since it has a certain number and for whatever reason from what I can tell we’ve been simply editing the same handful of posts and sticking a bunch of rulings in one
[1:07 PM] Wage Slave to a Corp: if i read the thread on adding rullings right, we can add post to that thread
August 9, 2021
[2:34 AM] Just a Wah: Woo message 666 on the Court sub-forum. I have summon satan to the law process!
August 14, 2021
[2:27 PM] Wage Slave to a Corp: Will we need to pick a new Chief while you are absent @Pallaith, King of the North
[2:28 PM] Pallaith, King of the North: No. Selection is only required at the start of the term and when the position is vacant. I am not vacating, I will be absent
No. Selection is only required at the start of the term and when the position is vacant. I am not vacating, I will be absent
[3:28 PM] Just a Wah: Name me your successor i shall rule with an iron fist and enact random beating to make sure moral stays appropriately high.
September 11, 2021
[7:13 PM] Wage Slave to a Corp: @Pallaith, King of the North The rulling On the matter of the Reject Fascism Bill vs the Bill of Rights. needs to be added to the court rulings thread
[7:14 PM] Pallaith, King of the North: That shoddy piece of writing? Eh...okay
[7:26 PM] Wage Slave to a Corp: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ierbP7kxp7FpluoglH_lot8Fc2OTq83WGgS2E35PyaM/edit?usp=sharing
[7:26 PM] Wage Slave to a Corp: Also I was thinking bullet list instead of a table, but im open to thoughts
September 12, 2021
[10:35 AM] Just a Wah: Have you considered putting instead in a linked video to a spoken word poem that include the name of each ruling? (edited)
September 16, 2021
[1:08 PM] Wage Slave to a Corp: any other feedback on this? am i ok to proceed?
[3:09 PM] Pallaith, King of the North: Sorry Dreadton got to get back to speed
[3:09 PM] Pallaith, King of the North: I’ll take a look later
September 18, 2021
[5:27 PM] Pallaith, King of the North: seems pretty straightforward @Wage Slave to a Corp I would just note that the name of the most recent r4r is different from what is in that index, and you also do not have the text of that decision in this document
September 21, 2021
[12:06 PM] Wage Slave to a Corp: If whole India attempts to sue madjack i will likely have to recuse since i will likely be a witness
November 2, 2021
[6:46 PM] Wage Slave to a Corp: @Court We got an indictment. Any objections to an order preserving evidence while we consider?
[6:58 PM] Pallaith, King of the North: Nope
[7:10 PM] Wage Slave to a Corp: I dont see any reason why this shouldnt be accepted
[7:18 PM] Pallaith, King of the North: Neither do I. Want to moderate this one?
[7:24 PM] Wage Slave to a Corp: Sure
[7:25 PM] Wage Slave to a Corp: Who will be standby hearing officer
[7:26 PM] Pallaith, King of the North: @Just a Wah ?
[7:27 PM] Wage Slave to a Corp: LD, Bootsie, and Eras would be good choices
[7:30 PM] Pallaith, King of the North: If this case extends beyond the election, and LD wins, I assume we’d have to pick another
[7:30 PM] Pallaith, King of the North: But sure I’d agree with that list
@Just a Wah ?
[7:32 PM] Just a Wah: I will be mobile-only from the 8th-12th if I make it to the next term.
[7:33 PM] Wage Slave to a Corp: I mean if LD wins you can just appoint me
[7:34 PM] Just a Wah: So I might not be able to participate if it is a quick case.
[7:36 PM] Pallaith, King of the North: Oh good point Dreadton
[7:53 PM] Wage Slave to a Corp: Or whom ever is on the court
November 3, 2021
[6:08 AM] Wage Slave to a Corp: @Pallaith, King of the North as soon as you make the acceptace and appointment I will open the thread and send the notices
[7:41 AM] Pallaith, King of the North: Have any of the listed people been contacted? I would want to do that prior to announcing an appointment
[7:46 AM] Wage Slave to a Corp: I havent contacted them, do you want to handle the Hearing officers or want me to
[9:07 AM] Pallaith, King of the North: I just want people to know we’re asking them to be hearing officers before they get appointed. Give them a chance to turn it down. Once that’s done I’m happy to make the acceptance and announce the appointment
[9:12 AM] Pallaith, King of the North: I reached out to LD
[9:43 AM] Pallaith, King of the North: He confirmed
[9:45 AM] Wage Slave to a Corp: awesome
[10:26 AM] Pallaith, King of the North: It is done
[10:26 AM] Just a Wah: yay, yet another multi-court trial. What could possibly go wrong!
[10:26 AM] Pallaith, King of the North: Anything else from me? I got to get back to work
[11:03 AM] Wage Slave to a Corp: i got the rest
[4:29 PM] Wage Slave to a Corp: well...thats something new
[8:02 PM] Wage Slave to a Corp: Who can we ask to serve as defense council
[8:20 PM] Pallaith, King of the North: I would have said Bootsie but...lol
November 4, 2021
[7:07 PM] Wage Slave to a Corp: @Court How should I handle the treaty if it’s introduced or referred to in evidence should I treated as still classified even if it’s Advil because the name is public but the contents is it or should once it goes to vote treated as declassified
[7:12 PM] Pallaith, King of the North: The Court has handled classified materials before. I would take a look back at such cases and see how the evidence was handled
November 7, 2021
[7:34 AM] Wage Slave to a Corp: Nubit has pleaded guilty court is in recess until a prosecutor is appointed
[12:34 PM] Pallaith, King of the North: Well that makes it easy I suppose
November 11, 2021
[10:46 AM] Wage Slave to a Corp: anything yall need from me before i am out of the court?
[3:08 PM] Pallaith, King of the North: I don’t think so. I guess someone else will have to finish this case
[3:09 PM] Pallaith, King of the North: It was a long shot this would be done before the election anyway
[3:10 PM] Wage Slave to a Corp: well all that is left is sentancing recomendations and final ruling
[4:04 PM] Just a Wah: I can probably take over as the moderating justice if I did make it to the next term.

Pallaith, King of the North is Pallaith, CJ., Wage Slave to a Corp is Dreadton, J., Just a Wah is Lord Lore, J.

Back