Hulldom
Discord
seathestarlesssky
ga.jpg

Repeal: "Promotion of Clean Energy"
Category: Repeal | GA #357
Proposed by: Imperium Anglorum | Onsite Topic
Replacement: None​

General Assembly Resolution #357 “Promotion of Clean Energy” (Category: Environmental; Industry Affected: All Businesses - Strong) shall be struck out and rendered null and void.

The World Assembly,

Confident that clean electric power is already economically viable and that carbon emissions are accurately priced under GA 445 "Greenhouse Gas Cap and Trade Program",

Believing, therefore, that the provisions in the target resolution urging member nations to "dis-incentivize the usage of fossil fuels" and encouraging member nations to "create legislation and policy that works in other ways to decrease the nation's overall carbon footprint" have been fulfilled,

Thinking not that the World Assembly has come to destroy the law, but instead thinking that it has already come to fulfil it, and

Hoping that after fulfilling this sacred duty, representatives and other staff would leave for much-deserved lodging and relaxation rather than burning midnight oil, hereby:

Repeals GA 357 "Promotion of Clean Energy".
Note: Only votes from TNP WA nations and NPA personnel will be counted. If you do not meet these requirements, please add (non-WA) or something of that effect to your vote.
Voting Instructions:
  • Vote For if you want the Delegate to vote For the resolution.
  • Vote Against if you want the Delegate to vote Against the resolution.
  • Vote Abstain if you want the Delegate to abstain from voting on this resolution.
  • Vote Present if you are personally abstaining from this vote.
Detailed opinions with your vote are appreciated and encouraged!

ForAgainstAbstainPresent

Last edited:
Against. I also think this would get shot by the environmentalists across NS anyway. I am voting against because I read the two resolutions and the carbon/methane resolution is not really a clear substitute for the original resolution.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back