[FAILED] Comprehensive Overhaul of Elections Act (COE Act)

I would think Gorundu, as a member of the EC, has a clear understanding of how they intend to apply the laws and how it would fit in the current mechanisms. Of course, you won't accept that as an answer, so I am guessing I have to give something else.

I think what Sil said above basically sums up the issue with this particular bill. Especially the bolded part. However, this doesn't really need to happen most of the time, because you need to have at least 2 candidates at the bottom, tied on votes, and basically are at a position with a significant vote chunk adding up to at least a quarter of the votes.

The only other big problem I could foresee is determining the order of the Justices getting elected. Which could be a real headache should it happen, but again, requires the same conditions, which is probably rare.
Last time I checked, there were more than 2 EC members. And Sil's post had a large role in cementing my thinking that this was just going to complicate things and be difficult to do if not unworkable. So if I have to rely on just their takes, then that isn't going to assuage my concerns.

Last time I checked, there were more than 2 EC members. And Sil's post had a large role in cementing my thinking that this was just going to complicate things and be difficult to do if not unworkable. So if I have to rely on just their takes, then that isn't going to assuage my concerns.
Then unfortunately, for me, while I will say that it isn't "unworkable", it is indeed complicated in nature and therefore may be difficult depending on the data set presented to us. But since it is mainly there to solve a really infrequent edge case, then I think there is no real need to be overly concerned on the complexity.

Back