[Inaius RP] The Silver Mask (closed)

BorkWI

Am cat doing cat things. Nothing sus here.
Pronouns
They/Them
TNP Nation
Waupun_Island
Heyo fellow space people! Welcome to my first RP thread as an Inaius RPer. This thread will kinda consist of shorter posts here and there about the personal life of Liam Zamorano-Mallos Iker, the Supreme Prime Minister of the Ottan Republic.

“Sleep is where you are at peace--Where you can forget all of the haphazard happenings of life, and be at ease with the world around you. With each day like a grinding attritional battle against the world, we long for it so much. Is the feeling of serenity a natural need, just like food and water?”
-Bork

Estado Federal,
March 24th, 2504.

I peaked up from behind cover as a flurry of bullets whizzed past me, some hitting the concrete road barrier that we were stationed behind. A large hand grabbed me by the ear and pulled me down.

“Do you have a death wish lieutenant?” Asked a mildly annoyed, yet concerned deep voice. I winced in pain as I put my hand on the ear that was grabbed and stroked it. I looked up to see that it was one of the Wolnos that was stationed under a fellow lieutenant. The obvious height difference between the
Foños and the Wolnos races made him naturally slightly intimidating. But, as his superior, it didn’t really matter to me.

“No…” I stated back at the large Wolnos with a scowl. My dark silver and black-tipped ears went back as I stared at him menacingly. “That fucking hurts you know.” I growled at him, bearing my sharp teeth a bit afterwards. The large Wolnos recoiled slightly as his brown and white fur stood up in fright.

“S-Sorry lieutenant Iker, I-I meant to grab your helmet! M-My hand slipped!” he stuttered out.

I calmed down a little and my ears went back to normal after seeing him flub over his words. “I’ll take your word for it this time. But don’t let it happen again, got it?” I replied in a serious tone. He nodded in response as my radio lit up with chatter.

“This is 2T-76, we have neutralized the mounted MG.” a male voice stated.

“10-4, can you provide covering fire as we push up to the doors of the complex?” I replied.

“Hard copy, we’ll make sure they don’t have a chance to even look outside to fire at you.”

Just then, an array of gunfire started from friendly operatives on a separate position on top of one of the neighboring buildings. The enemy gunfire all but ceased as I motioned for the dozen or so officers around me to push forward towards the tall grey skyscraper-like building. I then stood up and sprinted towards the building myself, my dark silver and black tail flowing in the wind like a flag caught in a small breeze. Suddenly, I heard semi-coherent shouts of “Grenada!” “Get down!” “Hit the deck!” I stopped in my tracks only to hear a small clink. I looked down, and to my horror I saw a black grenade roll to a stop at my feet. Time seemed to slow dramatically as my vision became extremely blurred, and shivers rocked my entire body.

My eyes opened wide, and I quickly sat up. My breathing was heavy as those same shivers that I had felt before, rolled throughout my body once more. My heart was racing as I looked around me. My vision slowly focused in after a few blinks and I saw that I was sitting on my bed, with the covers laying on it haphazardly. I scanned my bedroom as my gaze eventually wandered to my alarm clock sitting on my nightstand, which read “02:04”. “That nightmare again, huh?” I said to myself. (As if these medications don’t fucking work half the damn time). I suddenly felt my stomach lurch as I threw off the covers and stumbled over to the bathroom, hitting my elbow on the bathroom doorway. After my stomach forcefully emptied itself, I stared at my reflection in the mirror. My deep blue eyes stared back at me. Having blue eyes is a rare trait among the Foños race; and that is partly what makes me so charming. Oh what am I saying? Such self-centered thoughts will only lead to my downfall. Anyways, its like 2:00, right? I should probably get back to sleep. I then yawned as I walked from my bathroom back to my bed and climbed in it. I pulled the extremely crooked covers back over me as best I could and slowly drifted back to sleep, but this time in serenity.

“Everyone has a start and an end date. Depending on the choices you make, you can either grow or shorten the distance between the two.”
-Bork

Estado Federal,
November 11th, 2507 (Día de Luto).

No matter how many times I do it, I always get nervous before giving a speech that will be broadcasted all over the Republic. I mean, I’ve conquered my fear of public speaking many years ago, but one cannot help but still get butterflies in one’s stomach. Today was one of those days. You know the ones that you loathe evermore as the day comes closer and closer until finally it’s that day. You wake up unprepared for the day, and you stay unprepared until right before the event within the day happens. Suddenly, you’re as prepared as ever. Yeah, today was one of those days. I was crudely woken up by my alarm, not wanting to be woken up. I rolled out of bed, not wanting to get out of bed. I got all dressed up in a nice navy blue suit and tie, not wanting to change out of my sleepwear. And now, I have to speak in front of billions around the Republic, not wanting to let out a single peep, other than to myself. Well… there’s no use in moping about it now. Let’s get this show on the road, shall we? I reached over and picked up a glass of cold water that had been prepared for me. It left a ring of water where it sat on the dark wooden fancy desk that was also prepared for me. It wasn’t my normal desk, dear heavens no. This desk contained far too few drawers in all the wrong places for me to want to use it. This was merely a stage prop, just like the rest of this office really. My actual office was on the other side of this building. Its layout and furnishings were more to my liking than this room will ever be. (It seems that I have become lost in thought again after literally just telling myself to “get this show on the road.” Nice one brain, very cool. Now let’s actually get this shit started.)

I quickly took a few gulps of the water and set the glass back down onto the spot where it was before.

“Are we good to go?” a male voice asked from behind the camera.

“Yeah.” I replied. “Just lost in thought for a moment.”

“Aye.” he paused. “Alrighty, live in diez, nueve, ocho, siete, seis, cinco, cuatro, tres, dos, uno.

I straightened myself and took a deep breath as he counted down. I then began my televised speech:

“On this day, one-hundred and thirty years ago, the Tratato de Kornara was signed; ending the horrendous attritional war between our Republic and the Empire. A total estimate of around 650 million Ottans alone perished during this conflict. A decent number of whom, were civilians. As it is aptly named Día de Luto*, today is a day of mourning not just those who were lost in the Apocalipsis, but also the ones lost in tragedies such as the Pozo Incident, and many more. I will now ask that everyone who is able to, please participate in a moment of silence to mourn those that we have lost.” I hung my head low enough to where my blue eyes didn’t look into the camera, but not straight down either. as I thought about all of my fallen comrades in the past during my time as a police officer. It filled me with great sadness, but no tears were shed. After roughly a minute had passed, I raised my head and continued with my speech. “The aftermath of the Apocalipsis left billions of families to suffer the burdens that their lost loved ones carried. It also left our home planet of Tierra in ruin--a shell of its former self. Many memorials were held, and many days were spent mourning. Many of Tierra’s vast cities were turned to rubble in just a few short years.” I paused to clear my throat. “Slowly but surely, we rebuilt. Over 75% of the infrastructure on the planet had sustained at least some sort of damage from the invasion. Now, there is more than a 300% increase in the amount of infrastructure, but it is also of better quality than what the planet had pre-Apocalipsis. We have also put measures into place to make sure that this does not happen to any other species within the Republic. Many laws have been instituted around the Republic that guarantee the equal rights and treatment of all peoples within Ottan lands, regardless of if they are Ottan or not. Our military doctrine also forbids the kind of random subjugation by force that was once used upon our own people. This is how we honor those who were lost, by securing the fact that what happened to them, will never happen to anyone else. ‘Libertad, Igualdad, Unidad**’.”

A few seconds after my speech concluded, the cameras were cut. I sighed longingly as I took another drink of my water. At least that is over now. Now I can relax for the rest of the day (I hope). I think I might take a nap, I’m pretty tired to be honest. I yawned as I stood from the staged desk, and started the walk back to my suite. My mind wondered more than once along the way, but those were unimportant topics for now. What is an important topic of the now is me getting some much needed rest. I slowly rolled into bed after I put on some comfortable sleepwear. My vision slowly faded to black as I entered serenity once again.

Author’s Notes:

*Día de Luto: Day of Mourning.

**Libertad, Igualdad, Unidad: Liberty, Equality, Unity.

Back