Sarah's opening address

Sarah

Foreign Envoy
-
moce_seal.png

Hey y'all! If you don't know me, you've probably been living under a rock and have a lot to catch up on. Also, I hate writing things like this, so it's gonna be short and sweet.

I am implementing a rewards program. For every culture event that you participate in (theme Thursday, music Mondays, game nights, and so on), you get a point. At the end of the month the top three participants will get a badge (gold, silver, and bronze). After three months each winner will be entered into a random drawing and will get a free month of discord nitro.

I will be introducing music Mondays. Every Monday there will be a music jam sessions. Everyone is encouraged to throw their favorite songs into the mix, and just a relaxing listening party.

Theme Thursday will be sticking around, with the last Thursday of the month being a special twist. Kasto started a Masquerade, and I think there's a lot of potential there. He had a really good idea and I think it can work. So the last Thursday of the month will be theme Thursday with a masquerade.

I have appointed my first deputy @Dreadton. His focus will be the games server. There will be weekly game nights, a review of game channels, and much more. It took me way too long to think of the perfect person for this position. Then it hit me! Dreadton already does a lot in this area with his streaming and activity. Once it hit me as a "duh Sarah" moment, I immediately reached out.

So that's the basic game plan for the term. That's where we will start, and build from there. I'm looking forward to also planning some sort of events with our friends, but this will be down the road and something I'll work with MJ and Tlomz on.

Back