Status
Not open for further replies.

Jedinsto

Registered
sc.jpg

Championing LGBTQ Tolerance and Acceptance
Category: Declaration | Type: Declare
Proposed by: Daarwyrth | Onsite Topic

Aware of the various regional entities that form a home to member nations of the World Assembly, which have chosen to overtly associate themselves with the colours, symbols and ideals of the LGBTQ community to create a welcoming image and atmosphere to any resident that identifies as a part of that community,

Believing that such an overt association with the LGBTQ community is a positive influence on the furthering of tolerance and acceptance of residentss that identify as lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer or questioning, or any other sexual orientation or identity that the LGBTQ community considers a part of itself,

The Security Council hereby:

1. Grants its consummate seal of approval to all regional entities such as Gay, Caer Sidi, Wintreath, the North Pacific, Osiris, the Rejected Realms and many others that have chosen to permanently associate themselves with the LGBTQ community by adopting it as an integral part of the overt identification of those regional entities, and therefore assist the creation of welcoming and accepting environments for residents that identify with that community;

2. Applauds with great enthusiasm all the individual member nations, and the regional entities that constitute them, for celebrating the annually occurring event known as 'Pride Month', with the following acts and events as examples to follow:
    • 'Europride', one of the largest Pride Festivals, as hosted by the regional entity known as Europeia since the year 2018, during which the achievements of the LGBTQ community in this multiverse are outlined and celebrated; and

• 'TSPride 2021' a week-long festival in the South Pacific to honour that regional entity's LGBTQ community through various Pride-themed events and competitions during which the celebration of Pride is encouraged at all times; and

• Einswenn's annual 'PRIDE Festival', hosted in its capital city of Keepenhest, as an event to celebrate equality and acceptance, and to show support to the LGBTQ community by the showing of films, the sharing of music during concerts, and the hosting of lectures with speakers from various nations;

• The adoption of the colours of the rainbow in the flags of individual member nations and regional entities, such as Europe, the Leftist Assembly, United Kingdom, Thaecia, the East Pacific, the West Pacific and many more, as a gesture of solidarity with the LGBTQ community;

3. Commends with great pride the endeavours of individual member nations in the General Assembly to further the rights and protections of individuals identifying with the LGBTQ community across member nations, with notable resolutions and authors being:
    • 'A Convention On Gender' by Sionis Prioratus which establishes the legal recognition of intersex, transgender and intergender persons, and grants individuals identifying as such the freedom, support, rights and protections across member nations to live a life that agrees with their identity; and

• 'Defending The Rights Of Sexual And Gender Minorities' by Maowi which establishes marriage equality regarding civil marriages, and furthers the legal equality of sexual and gender minorities across member states; and

• 'Affordable Transgender Hormone Therapy' by Morover which enforces the legality of hormone therapy as a medical treatment across member nations, and grants their transgender populations affordable, and easy access to hormone therapy; and

• 'End Conversion Therapy' by Tinhampton that replaced United Massachusetts' 'Ban On Conversion Therapy' with a stricter ban on the heinous practice, including the advertisement of conversion therapy;

4. Declares its unwavering support for the LGBTQ community and the ideals of personal pride, celebrating diversity and individuality, as well as freedom of sexuality that it stands for, and promises to uphold and protect those principles to the best of this international body's ability;

5. Strongly urges that all regional entities and individual member nations continue to create welcoming, tolerant and accepting environments for residents identifying with the LGBTQ community, or the ideals and sexual orientations that this community seeks to represent.
Note: Only votes from TNP WA nations and NPA personnel will be counted. If you do not meet these requirements, please add (non-WA) or something of that effect to your vote.
Voting Instructions:
  • Vote For if you want the Delegate to vote For the resolution.
  • Vote Against if you want the Delegate to vote Against the resolution.
  • Vote Abstain if you want the Delegate to abstain from voting on this resolution.
  • Vote Present if you are personally abstaining from this vote.
Detailed opinions with your vote are appreciated and encouraged!

[TR][TD] For [/TD][TD] Against [/TD][TD] Abstain [/TD][TD] Present [/TD][/TR][TR][TD]1[/TD][TD]9[/TD][TD]0[/TD][TD]0[/TD][/TR]

Last edited by a moderator:
This has actually achieved the requisite approvals to enter the formal queue. Barring it being withdrawn or marked illegal, it will take the floor for a vote at Major Update on Tuesday, August 17.

I agree with the intent and principle, but I’m not sure if I understand the execution. The regions specifically mentioned (and the ones that aren’t) in the relevant categories strikes me as odd. I feel a declaration should be more general in formulation, timeless in nature, and listing specifics like this seems more like a commendation than a declaration. We’re still figuring out how to do these, but I feel there’s plenty of examples now that we could be moving toward a standard, and this strikes me as moving away from that. Unfortunately, that seals my vote.

Against

I agree with the intent and principle, but I’m not sure if I understand the execution. The regions specifically mentioned (and the ones that aren’t) in the relevant categories strikes me as odd. I feel a declaration should be more general in formulation, timeless in nature, and listing specifics like this seems more like a commendation than a declaration. We’re still figuring out how to do these, but I feel there’s plenty of examples now that we could be moving toward a standard, and this strikes me as moving away from that. Unfortunately, that seals my vote.

Against
Mentioning specific regions and nations was suggested to me by posters in the NS SC forums during the drafting process, and especially to list what those regions and nations have done for the LGBTQ+ community. As I noticed the advice was given by SC regulars, I followed it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back