[Status Unknown] The Anti-Spammer Act for Protection (ASAP)

Lightbeam

Keep me warm, dumpster fire.
TNP Nation
Homyland
Today, here I come to propose an amendment to Section 2, clause 5 of the Legal Code. The current text says the following:
Crashing, Phishing, or Spamming may be punished by ejection and banning, the removal of any and all basic rights for whatever duration the Court sees fit, and/or banning by forum administration.
This might seem fine, but has an enormous caveat. To banject a spammer, we have to get him to get onto the forums, only to then go through a tedious process to eject him. I think this is a ridiculously long and difficult process, so I propose to change it to this:
Crashing, Phishing, or Spamming may be punished by ejection and banning, the removal of any and all basic rights for whatever duration Border Control officers see fit, and/or banning by forum administration.
This simple rewording would allow us to make the spammer banning process as easy as Border Control officers (currently @Robespierre and @Pallaith), deciding if he should be banned, and pressing the ban button if he should.

Any thoughts on this?

Section 7.3: Onsite Authority
11. Violators of NationStates rules, or residents banned offsite by forum administration, may be subject to summary ejection or banning.

Spammers on the RMB can be ejected via this clause without the need of a court trial first, although such an ejection is subject to Judaical Review.

Section 7.3: Onsite Authority
11. Violators of NationStates rules, or residents banned offsite by forum administration, may be subject to summary ejection or banning.

Spammers on the RMB can be ejected via this clause without the need of a court trial first, although such an ejection is subject to Judaical Review.
I'd like a change because double-posting is not against NS rules, but against us. Same with recruitment.

i would conseed the point on double posting, however recuritment is ejectable and bannable already "13. Nations recruiting for other regions may be subject to summary ejection or banning." i would suggest adding double posing in the Onsight authority section and not the criminal code. If the Criminal code is used, then you would need a trial before you can eject them. Trials can take weeks, which i believe is not the goal you are looking for? Although Im not sure how you could do it without violating the BoR.

Last edited:
I don't see any use - or need - for this law change. Our system works just fine thanks to a combination of quick suppression and calls for people to post on the RMB that go out on the discord, which drown out the spam.

I would rather we do that, than just move the problem somewhere else - namely The Rejected Realms - where their Regional Officers may not be as active or their ability to call upon help to drown out the spam be as robust as ours.

I'd like a change because double-posting is not against NS rules, but against us. Same with recruitment.
Double posting is not some egregious crime. No one should be banned for double posting. And arguably, spamming is a much higher bar than double posting, so your proposed change would not affect double posting regardless.

I don't see any use - or need - for this law change. Our system works just fine thanks to a combination of quick suppression and calls for people to post on the RMB that go out on the discord, which drown out the spam.

I would rather we do that, than just move the problem somewhere else - namely The Rejected Realms - where their Regional Officers may not be as active or their ability to call upon help to drown out the spam be as robust as ours.
For the record, this has been addressed by the Court relatively recently, and it is clear that spamming is a sufficient cause for a ban. There actually is no need for this proposal at all, because existing law already allows for the banning of spammers.

Back