he/him
TNP Nation
Comfed
Discord
comfed
No, I won’t stop making acronyms :P

Section 7.6 of the Legal Code shall be amended as follows:
Section 7.3: Onsite Authority
11. Violators of NationStates rules, or residents banned offsite by forum administration, may be subject to summary ejection or banning.
12. Residents banned on the basis of forum bans imposed by forum administration may not be banned for longer than the length of the ban imposed by forum administration.
13. Nations recruiting for other regions may be subject to summary ejection or banning.
14. Nations for which the Court has issued an indictment permitting it may be ejected or banned.
15. Nations that have been so sentenced by the Court will be ejected or banned.
16. The Serving Delegate may regulate the Regional Message Board as they see fit. Repeated or egregious violators of these regulations may be ejected and banned.
17. The official performing an ejection or ban will promptly inform the region and Government.
18. Regulations of the Regional Message Board may not prohibit speech which is in the context of TNP politics.
19. All actions of the WA Delegate, the Serving Delegate, or of their appointed Regional Officers related to this section will be subject to judicial review.
Section 7.3: Onsite Authority
11. Violators of NationStates rules, or residents banned offsite by forum administration, may be subject to summary ejection or banning.
12. Residents banned on the basis of forum bans imposed by forum administration may not be banned for longer than the length of the ban imposed by forum administration.
13. Nations recruiting for other regions may be subject to summary ejection or banning.
14. Nations for which the Court has issued an indictment permitting it may be ejected or banned.
15. Nations that have been so sentenced by the Court will be ejected or banned.
17.16. The Serving Delegate may regulate the Regional Message Board as they see fit. Repeated or egregious violators of these regulations may be ejected and banned.
16.17. The official performing an ejection or ban will promptly inform the region and Government.
18. Such rRegulations of the Regional Message Board may not prohibit speech which is in the context of TNP politics.
19. All actions of the WA Delegate, the Serving Delegate, or of their appointed Regional Officers related to this section will be subject to judicial review.

Last edited:
Number 17 is not necessary, the delegate can already extend the ban to the new nation. under the duality ruling in [R4R] On Alterations to the Citizenship Oath , The duality sections states that it is the player not the nation that the action is being taken against. Creating a new nation does not remove the previous ban. If that was true, then any nation banned under section 12 or by the court could just make a new nation to get around their sentence.

Last edited:
Number 17 is not necessary, the delegate can already extend the ban to the new nation. under the duality ruling in [R4R] On Alterations to the Citizenship Oath , The duality sections states that it is the player not the nation that the action is being taken against. Creating a new nation does not remove the previous ban. If that was true, then any nation banned under section 12 or by the court could just make a new nation to get around their sentence.
Thanks, Dreadton. I added that clause because that was the policy around bans when I was gameside advocate - that banned nations could come back under new nations if they wished.

A Delegate can regulate the RMB "as they see fit." That Delegate can then ban/eject nations for "egregious" violations of the Delegate's unilaterally imposed regulations. Do you see a problem here?

A Delegate can regulate the RMB "as they see fit." That Delegate can then ban/eject nations for "egregious" violations of the Delegate's unilaterally imposed regulations. Do you see a problem here?
No. Such regulations cannot contradict the bill of rights, and all bans are subject to judicial review.

I agree with what's been said so far in that this wouldn't be a very good idea. But we still may want to amend the section numbers, because 17 shouldn't be above 16, lol.

It’s not, though? I don’t see that.
Oh, you're right. I was looking at the markup. The original has them numbered correctly; I think you messed it up in the markup and then didn't realize, so they were marked lol

Back