the Second Best Ron in the World
-
-
TNP Nation
Rom
Discord
TheRealRom
About Me

Hi all, I’m Rom and you might recognize me from the NPA, and I have decided to run for the position of Vice Delegate ~ I should also note that I like to keep my platforms concise and to the point. Anyways, I’ll give you a quick background of myself so you can be a little bit more familiar with who I am in this game. I joined TNP in February of 2019 (I was also a citizen in like 2014 but I didn’t do much of anything and that was during my cosmo phase) but didn’t start getting active in this community until I joined the NPA in July of that year. Prior to me being in TNP, I was in a lot of different regions to the point where it would be pointless to list them all. If I had to narrow it down to ones I was most active in, it probably would be TRR, Laz, and TGW. Anyways, I have been active on NS since 2011, but R/D was what got me interested in this game (if you ever want I can go on and on about various R/D related stuff I have done over the seven years of me being involved in that facet of NS). I have served in various roles in those previous regions including being a WA Marshal (pretty much the same thing as our WA Minister here in TNP) in PRL Lazarus in 2014. Since joining TNP, I’ve involved myself in various ministries here including Comms, HA, FA, and of course the NPA where I currently hold the rank of General. I was also Minister of Defense from May 2020 to September 2020.

My Platform

Active Endotarting As of the time of me writing this, I’m at 435 endorsements. Not necessarily where I’d prefer to be at as of now in terms of endorsements, but I will get myself up to where a Vice Delegate should be at in a timely manner. If I had to give a rough estimate of how long it would take for me to get to the endorsement numbers most of our SC members are at, I'd say around a month to couple months would be realistic. If I continue to keep up my current endorsement levels along with using the available tools at my disposal, my transition period shouldn't be an extraordinary long one. I know how to endotart, and it is something that I enjoy doing, so I’m not overly concerned about getting my endorsements up should I get elected. Maintaining my numbers once I get up to where I’ll need to be at shouldn’t be a problem for myself either.

Continuing Weekly VD Reports This is something that previous Vice Delegates have done, and it is something that I myself would do as well. It is a great way to keep the rest of the region aware of what the VD has been doing, and something that I’d do on a weekly basis.

Timely Citizen Checks Cretox has done a solid job of making sure the VD checks get done in an efficient manner. I’m very familiar with what all goes into the citizenship checks considering that I was a Deputy Speaker under Deropia, and I’m confident that I’d be able to deliver timely and accurate VD checks throughout the term.

SC Disclosures So far, over 200 SC threads have been declassified over the previous two terms. This is an impressive start, and throughout my term, more SC threads will be declassified.

RMB Activity This is an area where I’m not the most active, and I would try to familiarize myself with the RMB by being more active there. The RMB is a great place to communicate and get yourself more familiar with the region, and by me being active there I could speed up my transition period. We could also utilize the RMB to do AMA’s with either myself or SC members as well in order to get more endorsements on myself and other SC members.

WADP Our WADP is working rather well at the moment. I’d work with the Minister of Cards to have card awards of course, but other than that it would mostly be doing what we are doing right now.

Conclusion

So why am I running for Vice Delegate? I think that my overall experience, along with me being a fresh face in the SC room would provide for a different voice that would be able to offer some different perspectives into the various conversations I would have. I do have a lot of experience in NS, and I've always been competent and capable at everything I've done throughout this game. Being VD would be something that would absolutely excite me since I'd be able to serve this region in a much different way than I have in the past. Another one of my strengths has always been my ability to work and communicate well with others. I’m admittedly not the most familiar with the inner workings of the SC but I’m very much open ears and would be very excited to get to be more familiar with that facet of TNP. As always, I’d be very much open to advice, and I’d be more than happy to answer any of your questions ^-^

~ Rom

New Francois is barred from holding citizenship. Should he want to regain his citizenship rights, what would be the proper procedure?

In this particular case, they would be able to file an appeal in order to get ruling overturned. Now if this did happen and their appeal was successful, but I still don't deem them as being able to pass the VD Check, it would be brought to the Regional Assembly where it would be voted upon to either uphold or reverse the VD's decision to deny their citizenship.

I'm glad you stepped up. Single candidate races are boring. Vice Delegate is a steep mountain to try to climb first thing though, so I hope you don't mind my trying to poke a prod a bit here.

Rom, if you will do the same things Cretox will do, and you lack the experience he has, why wouldn't we pick Cretox? You said you would bring a fresh perspective to the SC, can you explain why this is more valuable than the current guy doing the same concrete work you agree should be done? Wouldn't you agree that bringing you in would delay things while you get your endorsements up, and you would have to spin up a bit while you got accustomed to the role? These are obvious drawbacks, but that doesn't mean we shouldn't give you a shot. I ant to hear more about you in particular being a fresh face (and that other NS experience you mentioned) is worth serious consideration. It felt like you scratched the surface on making the case, and I would like to invite you to make that case.

Have you done any study of the SC archives, the laws, etc? How much have you familiarized yourself with it while still being on the outside?

You obviously believe in having a strong presence on the RMB. This is something the SC has struggled with for years, despite multiple measures and ideas designed to encourage it. Do you have a secret to pulling that type of activity out of them, any ideas for how to make it easier? I'm just curious if you have the answer that has eluded so many, or maybe you have an idea for how you can use that strength of yours to champion the SC in a new way (you mentioned speeding up the transition, that sort of thing).

A few questions:

What qualities do you possess that you believe are well suited to the role of the Vice Delegate?

What are some signs that would lead you to believe that someone may be a security threat?

How confident would you feel chairing the Security Council despite not frequenting the same areas that many of its members do in the community?

What is one thing that you believe that your opponent, Cretox, has done well this term and what is one thing that you believe that they could do better?

.. and finally ... Should you lose this race, do you see yourself continuing to build up your endorsement count in the hopes of applying to the Security Council at some point in the future or will you return to the NPA and drop your endorsements?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back