TNP Nation
Nimarya
Discord
Nimarya#6961
npa_seal.png

The Ministry of Defense
-~-

Hello everyone!

Needless to say, this first month has flown by! Honestly, despite the many difficulties that have confronted us in the past few weeks, I have genuinely had so much fun with everyone in the NPA. We’ve been amazing, and I can’t wait to see what’s in store for us going into February.

To kick off the term, I actually decided against doing a roll call just yet. I wanted to focus efforts on coaxing our military back to a state of activity before pruning the ranks, in the hopes that perhaps some inactive members would be motivated to join us again. Rom and Koopa have been excellent deputies, and lately we’ve noticed a significant increase in engagement within our ranks, so that has been an encouraging trend to see. We’ve also welcomed several new promising soldiers into our ranks!

The NPA has also been exceptionally busy, performing 9 operations in total. The first major operation of the term was Operation: Boom Beach, a major event that saw 18 different raiding organizations participate. We assisted at jump to take the region Alnobia, and thus took part in breaking the record for most jumpers at once! However, due to the Delegate transition that was taking place at the time, the NPA returned home afterwards and did not join the ensuing pile.

Not long after that, as you all probably know, the NPA ran a series of quorum raids that succeeded in preventing a repeal of “Liberate: Confederation of Corrupt Dictators” from reaching quorum. Despite receiving opposition for one of our raids, we joined forces with Legio for the following update and managed to kill the proposal. However, our anti-fascist activities this month didn’t end there, as a couple weeks later, the NPA joined forces with many other regions in a massive Lily-organized fash bash! We successfully bumped the delegates of 36 regions, one of which was the Confederation of Corrupt Dictators itself.

I’m also happy to say that we hit the number of training operations this month that I wanted to! Six separate training runs have been conducted so far this term. Rom has led two, BMWSurfer has led one, I have led two, and Tlomz and I have led one together. For two of the latest tag runs we have done, we revived the practice of coordinating a themed World Factbook Entry, and for one of them Westinor and I went the extra mile with creating an extra special themed WFE that had each region link to a different comedic YouTube video!

Additionally, one of the training operations was a special event where we split into two teams- one team, which was triggered by Tlomz, embarked on a tag run. The second team, which was led by me, attempted to chase after Tlomz’s team. It was a great learning experience, and I intend to repeat the event soon in order to teach as many of our soldiers as possible the fundamentals of chasing.

Besides the many operations we’ve engaged in, significant administrative work has begun behind the scenes. I can proudly say the first of five planned training articles have been written, and the second is almost completed as well. When completed, we will have a series of five lessons that teach the ranks of Private all the way to Lieutenant the basics of everything they will need to know in order to be successful. I plan to begin publication of these lessons by the midpoint of this term.

Some other small but impactful changes have been made as well. I have moved our official jump point back to the region of Birb, and have given the region a long overdue facelift to make it more bright, engaging, and hopefully useful. I have begun the practice of creating regional polls in Birb every now and then for the sake of entertainment and to draw attention to the NPA’s jump point. I’ve also introduced a brand new music channel to the NPA server that we have used to play music during our latest operations, which I think has added an element of fun to update.

Going forward, I plan to ramp up our recruitment efforts, and to continue the path we’ve started of regular and lively training operations. If we continue to stretch ourselves and experiment with new activities, and to come together as a community to have fun, then I believe the NPA will proceed to grow and thrive. I’m proud of you all. Keep up the amazing work everyone!

Thank you,

Nimarya
Minister of Defense

Back