TNP Nation
Cretox State
Discord
Cretox#0125
mowa_seal.png

January 2021 - End of Term Address

Hey, everyone!

YouTube_Thumbnails_-_Untitled_Page.png

It's hard for me to believe that it's already been 4 months. Going into this term, I had some pretty lofty expectations for this ministry. My objectives revolved around boosting activity, effectively utilizing existing resources, reviewing current programs, developing new initiatives, and creating millions, perhaps billions of new jobs... sorry, wrong speech.

Anyhow, I'm pleased to say that this ministry has exceeded my expectations this term, and I believe we've laid an extensive amount of infrastructure for future terms. I see this term as something of a transition point. Without further ado, here are the specifics of what we've accomplished (in no particular order):
  • Rolled out an overhauled voting thread format with vote tallies, pinning and locking of threads, and final vote counts.
  • Updated IFV format with separate Overview and Recommendation sections for more straightforward writing and reading.
  • Updated the ministry's overview in the executive staff applications thread.
  • Gave WAA deputy ministers mod power over the WAA subforum; this has been a boon for keeping threads up to date, and I hope it becomes a norm for future terms.
  • Shuttered the old sponsorship program, and replaced it with the new Accelerator and Mentorship programs. Accelerator in particular has enjoyed an immense amount of success, and I'm excited to see where these programs go in the future.
  • Worked with the Ministry of Communications to release 2 standalone issues dedicated to the second WA symposium: a TNS issue summarizing the event for posterity, and a TNL issue composed of the guest essays from the event. This served as an effective sendoff for the event and preserved its fantastic content for the future (big thanks to @Morover for his stellar job spearheading the symposium last term).
  • Worked with the Ministry of Cards to implement a rudimentary interim card rewards program, followed by the new inter-ministry card rewards program that continues to this day (huge shoutout to @DGES and everyone at the Ministry of Cards for making this possible).
  • Cleared the backlog of forum group requests and old threads to be archived.
  • Created a new WA Affairs roster to facilitate easier internal bookkeeping.
  • Maintained a punctual IFV writing and release schedule throughout the term, with a brief disruption due to an ownership transfer of our IFV sheet. Proposal voting threads enjoyed similar speediness.
  • Experienced an explosion of WA authorship by staffers, and sucked up voting time like a penguin on coke.
  • Expanded our roster with numerous new, enthusiastic staffers and two first-time deputies (@Dragonstar5674 and @saintpeter).

Those last two points deserve special mention. I've been repeatedly told that the ministry is more active than it's been in quite a while, particularly on the executive Discord. We brought numerous new staffers onboard throughout the term, many of whom have passed one or more resolutions since. It's an exciting time for the ministry and for TNP authorship, and I'm curious to see where the next minister takes things. I almost certainly missed something in the above list; the term has really been just that hectic.

As for the future, there are 2 specific areas that I believe deserve mention:
  • Recruitment telegram templates: the Ministry of Home Affairs currently uses several telegram templates for WA ministry recruitment. These templates are in need of an update; while I started work on this during the term and got some drafting going, it'll need to be finished during the next term.
  • Refreshing internal guides: so much has changed this term with regards to how we run things such as voting threads and IFVs. The current internal procedures haven't been updated for some time, and could really use a general expansion to cover more areas of staffers' and deputies' responsibilities.

I'd also like to briefly cover WA voting reports and Heroes of the North. WA voting reports are something I tried out during the first half of the term before putting it on the backburner. Much of the information in these reports is publicly accessible already; it's up to the next minister to decide what the future of these reports will be. Heroes of the North has been interesting. I attempted to decentralize the process to allow interested people to more quickly roll these out. A few of these are currently being worked on, but I noticed poor communication going into the term, with multiple people unknowingly working on the same proposal in two cases. Heroes of the North featured prominently in McM's delegate platform; I trust that he and the next WA minister will be able to make good on his ambitious plan for it.

In addition to everyone I already mentioned, I'd like to thank @TlomzKrano for giving me this opportunity to serve as minister, and the amazing senior WA consultants and deputies I had at my back. I'd also like to thank all the staffers, new and old, who keep this ministry afloat. While it's very unlikely that I'll stay on as Minister of WA Affairs during the next term, I'll remain active in the ministry and will support the next minister as best as I am able.

~~Cretox, Minister of World Assembly Affairs

Last edited:
You were, by far, the most successful Minister in Tlomz’s administration this term. You’ve been a standout on the Executive Council and you’ve shown a great aptitude for WA Affairs. With all of that being said, time marches on.

I wish you the best of luck as you as you’ll be soon announced as our next Vice Delegate, and I wish good fortune to your successor in this Office, whoever that may be.

Great work, great term.

I couldn't ask for a better Minister to serve as Deputy under. Thanks for all you've done for this Ministry, and best of luck in the future!

Thanks, everyone!

Even though we've butted heads multiple times, I've had a great time here with you as Minister. Well-done (people)!
If I wanted to be surrounded by yes-men, I'd go found a UCR. :D

Jokes aside, it's been a pleasure to work with you all, and your constructive criticism in particular was highly valuable.

Could've responded earlier and didn't. But anyways...thank you so much for your help in getting me involved with and very much engaged in this confusing, maddening, but also incredibly rewarding part of NationStates. Couldn't ask for a better mentor or a better minister to start my tenure working in this part of the game in.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back