Westinor
Discord
Westinor#2315
sc.jpg

Condemn Alentejo and Algarve
Category: Condemnation | Target: Alentejo and Algarve
Proposed by: Alentejozinho and Algarvezinho | Onsite Topic

The World Assembly,

SHOCKED, SHOCKED, that Alentejo and Algarve foreign ministry sometimes uses a little humour in its proposals.

AFFIRMING that the WA is a serious place where serious people discuss serious issues and where all humour must be verboten!

ABSOLUTELY DISGUSTED that the nation of Alentejo and Algarve tried to self-commend its own region.

DECLARING that diversity and joy are to be avoided in these halls of professional government at all costs.

HEREBY decides to condemn this nation of scoundrels, this hive of scum and villainy, called Alentejo and Algarve!

Shame! Shame!
Note: Only votes from TNP WA nations and NPA personnel will be counted. If you do not meet these requirements, please add (non-WA) or something of that effect to your vote.
Voting Instructions:
  • Vote For if you want the Delegate to vote For the resolution.
  • Vote Against if you want the Delegate to vote Against the resolution.
  • Vote Abstain if you want the Delegate to abstain from voting on this resolution.
  • Vote Present if you are personally abstaining from this vote.
Detailed opinions with your vote are appreciated and encouraged!

[TR][TD] For [/TD][TD] Against [/TD][TD] Abstain [/TD][TD] Present [/TD][/TR][TR][TD]1[/TD][TD]9[/TD][TD]0[/TD][TD]0[/TD][/TR]

Last edited:
IFV - Against

Overview
This proposal aims to condemn Alentejo and Algarve for an attempted self-commend and some trolling.

Recommendation
This sorry excuse for a joke condemnation somehow made it to vote, despite atrocious writing, an utter lack of any condemnable behavior whatsoever, and repeat ad hominem attacks by the author in the onsite forum thread. It comes hot on the heels of a failed regional self-commend, and comes across as a thoughtless attention-grab.

For these reasons, the Ministry of World Assembly Affairs recommends voting Against the at-vote Security Council proposal, "Commend Alentejo and Algarve".

Last edited by a moderator:
Against.

This proposal just has so many things wrong with it. It comes off the back of a regional self-commend that failed, and while the author (the region’s delegate) appeared to be genuine in their intent, the author of this proposal has repeatedly resorted to ad hominem attacks on those giving their critique on the onsite voting thread while refusing to take into account criticism and feedback. The proposal itself outlines nothing remotely condemnable - if we were to pass condemns on this basis, the SC may as well condemn every troll that finds their way onto the forums. While the proposal itself is humorous in nature, very little thought, if any at all, has been put into its drafting - I could type up a proposal like this in a shorter time than it took me to write these four sentences.

Yeah, just echo what Westinor said, she hit it on the head. Against.

Shocked, shocked, that this proposal was submitted and is even reaching the quorum. Against.Shame! Shame!

Last edited:
This is a sorry excuse for a joke proposal. I'm deciding whether I want to counter-campaign or just crush it at vote.

Against.

This is a sorry excuse for a joke proposal. I'm deciding whether I want to counter-campaign or just crush it at vote.

Against.
I dare say crush it at vote. It has a day and seven hours left and while it looks like to make it, not a guarantee.

I mean it's obviously a joke (not sure why everyone is so scandalized about it), I'm just surprised it made it this far.

Against though.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back