Westinor
Discord
Westinor#2315
sc.jpg

Repeal "Liberate KAISERREICH"
Category: Repeal | Target: SC #245
Proposed by: Starfyre | Onsite Topic
Replacement: None​

Security Council Resolution #245 “Liberate KAISERREICH” shall be struck out and rendered null and void.

The Security Council,

Noting that at the time of its passage Security Council Resolution 245 (SC#245) was targeted at a region widely regarded as having Nazi/fascist tendencies;

Pointing out that the region's founder nation, Scansinia, is still around in full control of the community more than two years later despite the belief that the nation would be destroyed through either internal rebellion or the will of the almighty Violet;

Believing that since the passage of SC#245 Kaiserreich has improved on its widely held status of being a proponent of Nazi/Fascist ideology, being officially removed from the list of Nazi regions maintained by Civil Defence Siren as a base to warn innocent nations away from evil regions;

Acknowledging that at the time of the passage of SC#245 Kaiserreich had almost thirty World Assembly nations within its borders, a number which over the last two years has dwindled to under fifteen, making Kaiserreich a region which no longer poses a serious threat to regions different than theirs;

Further Believing that the Liberation had an effect upon the regional community, and that that effect will remain even after it is removed by this repeal resolution;

Hereby Repeals Security Council Resolution #245.
Note: Only votes from TNP WA nations and NPA personnel will be counted. If you do not meet these requirements, please add (non-WA) or something of that effect to your vote.
Voting Instructions:
  • Vote For if you want the Delegate to vote For the resolution.
  • Vote Against if you want the Delegate to vote Against the resolution.
  • Vote Abstain if you want the Delegate to abstain from voting on this resolution.
  • Vote Present if you are personally abstaining from this vote.
Detailed opinions with your vote are appreciated and encouraged!

[TR][TD] For [/TD][TD] Against [/TD][TD] Abstain [/TD][TD] Present [/TD][/TR][TR][TD]2[/TD][TD]7[/TD][TD]0[/TD][TD]0[/TD][/TR]

Last edited:
IFV - Against

Overview
This proposal seeks to repeal "Liberate KAISERREICH" on the basis of the target liberation having substantially impacted the region's community and no longer being necessary.

Recommendation
Coming hot on the heels of a failed attempt to repeal "Liberate Confederation of Corrupt Dictators," this proposal unfortunately repeats many of the same arguments that caused us to oppose the aforementioned one. The proposal's primary arguments for repeal are that the founder has not CTE'd yet, that the region's WA population has declined, and that the region does not currently embrace fascist ideology. The first two are sufficient cause to oppose this repeal: they only demonstrate that the liberation has continued to be effective to this point, and are arguments that can easily be applied to any number of liberations of fascist regions. Concerningly, allowing this proposal to pass would leave an open door to future, far less desirable repeals.

Intentionally or not, this repeal also demonstrates the continued effectiveness of the target liberation in preventing the region from slipping back into old, fascist ways. Especially with the founder still being active, repealing the liberation now would remove a major factor clearly preventing such from potentially occurring.

For these reasons, the Ministry of World Assembly Affairs urges voting Against the at-vote Security Council proposal, "Repeal 'Liberate KAISERREICH'".

Last edited by a moderator:
Against

There are assertions made by this resolution that could just as easily be made about other regions whose liberations we would never consider repealing. This may be possible, but not with this particular repeal. Let's not encourage a standard that cannot be uniformly applied to other repeals and would only feed into future narratives. Aside from that, I am not sure that removing the cause of positive change will guarantee that positive change will remain.

Others have made these points much more eloquently than myself, and I leave it to them to lay them out.

Against while I previously made the points against the resolution given that other people have since made those arguments publicly I'm just going to refer back to them

Against while I previously made the points against the resolution given that other people have since made those arguments publicly I'm just going to refer back to them
But you make them better and are one of the people I was referring to when I said others made them more eloquently. Please step forward and say your piece and take the appropriate bow.

For - Kaiserreich has changed and I'm not really convinced they'd fall back into old habits should the resolution be repealed.

But you make them better and are one of the people I was referring to when I said others made them more eloquently. Please step forward and say your piece and take the appropriate bow.
y use many words when few do trick

I do think the IFV has accurately conveyed my position on this resolution with the exception of not being concerned that KR will fall back into their old position. I do feel confident in stating that it is quite likely that should this resolution pass, we will see future resolutions wanting to use KR's liberation repeal reasoning as a reason to repeal the offensive liberation of regions that remain fascist.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back