[SC - DEFEATED] Commend Twobagger

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why, because they put out some propaganda and we have a treaty?
Also, it appears that the Council of hawks didn't support or authorize this.
Because any attempt to interfere in a treatied ally of TNP - TNP's closest ally in fact - should be opposed in the strongest terms. I accept, unlike others, the explanation offered on behalf of those on the Council of Hawks saying that they didn't support or authorise this, but their lack of communicating what occurred to TSP was a failing that whilst understandable, is still a failing.

I think a vote against this resolution would adequately show our support for our ally in this matter, regardless of the merits of the Commendation itself, which I voted for originally and would do so if it came up again at a later date.

While I'm all for supporting our allies in genuine time of need, I don't see how The Black Hawks, or their members, are guilty of "violation of sovereignty" in TSP.

The OWL dispatch says that if you are a WA nation in TSP, you are entitled to participate in the OWL votes. That's all the two TBH members did: they joined the WA in TSP, and they voted, as they were legally entitled to do.

To claim that this is evidence that TBH violated TSP sovereignty would be analogous to us claiming that TBH violated our sovereignty because (to provide one example) Lady Raven Wing legally votes in support of TBH-backed resolutions. It would be ridiculous for us to make such a claim, and it is just as ridiculous for TSP to make the claim they are making.

If anything, this seems to me like a cheap attempt by TSP to blow up a non-issue in order to manipulate the votes of allied regions and turn them against an otherwise worthy resolution.

I'd encourage people to disregard this supposed "violation of sovereignty", and vote on the merits of the resolution alone.

Last edited:
While I'm all for supporting our allies in genuine time of need, I don't see how The Black Hawks, or their members, are guilty of "violation of sovereignty" in TSP.

The OWL dispatch says that if you are a WA nation in TSP, you are entitled to participate in the OWL votes. That's all the two TBH members did: they joined the WA in TSP, and they voted, as they were legally entitled to do.

To claim that this is evidence that TBH violated TSP sovereignty would be analogous to us claiming that TBH violated our sovereignty because (to provide one example) Lady Raven Wing legally votes in support of TBH-backed resolutions. It would be ridiculous for us to make such a claim, and it is just as ridiculous for TSP to make the claim they are making.

If anything, this seems to me like a cheap attempt by TSP to blow up a non-issue in order to manipulate the votes of allied regions and turn them against an otherwise worthy resolution.

I'd encourage people to disregard this supposed "violation of sovereignty", and vote on the merits of the resolution alone.
It's not a non-issue when suspicious activity like this didn't even occur in the OWL until people from TBH came in and cast votes to influence the delegate's vote, and the Lady Raven Wing analogy is apples and oranges because, for there to be a resemblance to the scandal, LRW would have to attempt to vote while trying to obscure their affiliation and ulterior motives. Aside from that, how is this proposed resolution "worthy" when it was written by a raider for another raider, commending the subject for their contributions as part of XKI, while XKI actively opposes the proposal? This resolution was clearly written in bad faith as another badge for TBH.

With that in mind, I am against (non-WA).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back