TNP Nation
Westinor
Discord
Westinor#2315
sc.jpg

Commend Northern Borland
Category: Commendation | Target: Northern Borland
Proposed by: Honeydewistania | Onsite Topic

Note: This draft was accepted for the World Assembly Accelerator Program, but is not currently being sponsored by the Ministry of WA Affairs. If you're interested in participating in this program, we encourage you to apply with your draft(s)!
The Security Council,

Pleased that Northern Borland has created a culture of soda addicts and alcoholics, resulting in the Northern Borlandian beverages industry becoming the largest in the world, creating jobs for many bartenders and vending machine stockers,

Appreciating the Northern Borlandian government for granting their citizens access to junk food, in part evidenced by having the third largest pizza delivery sector, codifying the right of Northern Borlandians to consume fast food in front of the television,

Lauding the government of Northern Borland for their international commitments, such as exporting innumerable amounts of cheese to many countries, providing foreigners with mozzarella sticks and parmesan cheese for meals,

Applauding Northern Borland for making their citizens the freest from taxation in the world, resulting in a #1 ranking for highest average disposable income, and admiring the steps taken to achieve this goal such as through slashing all forms of environmental protection,

Extolling the innovative use of child labour and sweatshops in Northern Borland, resulting in the 3rd largest retail sector in the world, ensuring that business executives have fashionable designer suits for meetings,

Absolutely delighted at Northern Borland’s decision to uphold their peoples’ Violet-given right to bear arms, as evidenced by being ranked 6th in the world for most weapons per capita, satisfying handgun lobbyists and murderous lunatics nationwide,

Recognising Northern Borland’s other extremely powerful industries and the jobs they provide, such as:
  • their gambling industry, 7th largest in the world, which is probably a result of the highly successful policy in allowing children to gamble their lunch money at the roulette table,
  • their automobile manufacturing industry, 9th largest in the world, which is the result of non-existent public transport, which in turn results in citizens purchasing cars and supporting the industry,
  • their insurance industry, 20th largest in the world, ensuring that unsurprisingly frequently injured Northern Borlandians are ensured a sum of money in the event of an accident,
Jumping with joy at Northern Borland’s support for other local industries such as the liposuction industry by having the highest obesity rate in the world, as well as the funeral arts and mortuary sciences by having the second highest unexpected death rate in the world,

Admiring Northern Borland for their show of support for local workers, such as through banning immigration into the country, which has resulted in almost all Northern Borlandians being employed, evidenced by the national employment rate which ranks 2nd in the world,

Aware that the government of Northern Borland controls two satellite states, East Borland and Deep South Borland,

Acclaiming East Borland, a unique blend of an authoritarian dictatorship and a lawless society, for their sublime and creative methods in national governance, such as:
  • prohibiting contraceptives, divorce and adultery, but still having the 5th highest atheism rate in the world, breaking multiple stereotypes,
  • having the most corrupt government in the world as well as a complete lack of prisons and a judiciary, but still having one of the lowest crime rates in the world, disproving the fallacy that judiciaries and honesty are required to enforce law and order,
  • constructing an arsenal of Weapons of Mass Destruction for the purpose of supporting the mining industry, the 6th highest in the world, ensuring that numerous citizens can earn a living,
Hailing Deep South Borland, a theocratic primitivist nation, for creating a compassionate (6th in the world) and nice (20th in the world) society, with policies such as:
  • prohibiting video games, the number one cause of crime and violence in most nations, resulting in the second lowest crime rate in the world,
  • prohibiting aircraft, which while has resulted in the nation being ranked as the least technologically advanced, has also resulted in the third most beautiful environment and the second best weather in the world,
  • requiring all citizens to adhere to the state religion, resulting in them being the most religious in the world, creating a nation free of infidels,
Observing that despite having no official system for arbitration or judicial matters on a national level, Northern Borland went above and beyond and served as the Arbiter General of their region Capitalist Paradise, settling disputes between nations and preventing conflicts from escalating,

Determined to rid of the internationally imposed image that Northern Borland is one of the most ghastly places in the world, and instead celebrate their great strides in lining the pockets of corporations and CEOs as well as formally recognise their status as "A Good Place to Raise Your Business", hereby:

Commends Northern Borland.
Note: Only votes from TNP WA nations and NPA personnel will be counted. If you do not meet these requirements, please add (non-WA) or something of that effect to your vote.
Voting Instructions:
  • Vote For if you want the Delegate to vote For the resolution.
  • Vote Against if you want the Delegate to vote Against the resolution.
  • Vote Abstain if you want the Delegate to abstain from voting on this resolution.
  • Vote Present if you are personally abstaining from this vote.
Detailed opinions with your vote are appreciated and encouraged!

For Against Abstain Present

Last edited:
While I was for the condemnation, I'm against this proposal as it seems to be made just to spite another author, honestly. A commendation isn't as fitting either in my opinion.

For.

Kindjal and NB are probably the only two people deserving of stats-based c/c's at the moment. This proposal is far better-written than Tinhampton's condemn, and the inclusion of EB and DSB makes me believe that they are, in fact, worthy.

While I was for the condemnation, I'm against this proposal as it seems to be made just to spite another author, honestly.
Tinhampton herself has stated otherwise.

Against
Tinhampton supporting it doesn't necessarily meant that it wasn't written out of spite - especially considering it was originally meant as a joke proposal.

It is unfortunate that I've been so busy recently as to not have written the essay I've been intending to write about NB and the SC - but even more unfortunate that it's been put to vote so soon. Regardless, I cannot assume that authors will adhere to my schedule, and it is selfish of me to do so regardless. If this passes I hope someone will repeal it.

Last edited:
Tinhampton supporting it doesn't necessarily meant that it wasn't written out of spite - especially considering it was originally meant as a joke proposal.

It is unfortunate that I've been so busy recently as to not have written the essay I've been intending to write about NB and the SC - but even more unfortunate that it's been put to vote so soon. Regardless, I cannot assume that authors will adhere to my schedule, and it is selfish of me to do so regardless. If this passes I hope someone will repeal it.
Would you look more favorably upon this were it a condemn?

While I was for the condemnation, I'm against this proposal as it seems to be made just to spite another author, honestly. A commendation isn't as fitting either in my opinion.
Against

Me writing it out of spite is completely baseless claim, I wrote it because it was funny. The trend of twisting commendable into condemnable (Condemn Noah, Australian Republic) made me think - what if I twisted condemnable things into something commendable? It was a joke because of all the child labour and stuff smh.

Edit: for

Last edited:
For. I agree with Cretox. While their combination of stats isn't the most commendable, their issue playing and thus the sheer complement of top spots, 2nds, and 3rds they've accumulated puts them on par with Kindjal and thus commend-worthy.

re: condemn twisted to commend --

works with non-GP, non-RP stuff (Pure GP stuff like R/D is iffy) - stats is roleplay. Roleplay can't and shouldn't be twisted except in exceptional circumstances. It makes no sense to twist it into commendation in this case.

re: condemn twisted to commend --

works with non-GP, non-RP stuff (Pure GP stuff like R/D is iffy) - stats is roleplay. Roleplay can't and shouldn't be twisted except in exceptional circumstances. It makes no sense to twist it into commendation in this case.
Well I have my opinion, and you have yours. Mine is that you’re wrong, but I shall respect your opinion.

Anyways, that’s irrelevant because that’s why I wrote it in the first place, and it wasn’t, isn’t and won’t be to spite Tinhampton (or anyone), and to claim my motives as such is frankly insulting and an attempt to smear my character or this proposal to support flimsy arguments.

For to spite Prae, I don't see the twist from condemn to commend as a bad choice here, and the writing itself makes a fine case for commend. NB definitely is one of the few that could be deserving of a stats-based C/C.

A note that this has been approval raided by TBH and likely won't make it to queue.

Last edited:
it wasn’t, isn’t and won’t be to spite Tinhampton (or anyone), and to claim my motives as such is frankly insulting and an attempt to smear my character or this proposal to support flimsy arguments.
Not a smear, it's what I legitimately believe(d). The timing of it, the fact that it was initially a joke, and loud public sentiment (which I recall you participating in, though I could easily have been mistaken) is what led me to my thought. If I'm legitimately wrong, I apologize, but you must think of how it looks. You can be insulted. It wasn't an attempt to smear your character nor your proposal - it was one argument in a list of many that I had against it. I am more supportive of the condemnation. See my incoming post on the NS forums.

Were this to be submitted again, and hopefully avoiding any of the bullshit caused by XKI and TBH, I'd be for this.
Just stopping by to correct the idea there was "bullshit caused by XKI" on two levels:
1) A telegram was sent by THX1138, who is a member of XKI's government but who was speaking solely for himself and not for XKI's government or TITO Command. Our government's position is approval raiding is bad, but we aren't going to compare it to multi-ing or, as a region, demand admin action on it.
2) I don't agree with shifting blame to THX for actions others clearly did. The onus for having done this lies squarely on those who did it, not someone who sent a telegram that they decided to retaliate against.

Just stopping by to correct the idea there was "bullshit caused by XKI" on two levels:
1) A telegram was sent by THX1138, who is a member of XKI's government but who was speaking solely for himself and not for XKI's government or TITO Command. Our government's position is approval raiding is bad, but we aren't going to compare it to multi-ing or, as a region, demand admin action on it.
2) I don't agree with shifting blame to THX for actions others clearly did. The onus for having done this lies squarely on those who did it, not someone who sent a telegram that they decided to retaliate against.
The action wouldn't have been taken if your government official hadn't have sent that telegram. It's a direct result of your government officials action. Own your shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back