She/Her They/Them
TNP Nation
vivanco
Discord
ra#9794
sh1cCc6.png

VIVANCO FOR JUSTICE
"Animus Revertendi"

To some people, the law is just a series of guidelines to follow. For others, they are the firm foundations of a society, as they exist since the beginning of society on itself. And others think of laws as the representation of a people, the lungs of a group, the beating heart of convivence. And who is right? Or who is wrong? That is not a question to answer, mostly because there's no possible answer, because of the subjetive nature of the human mind. But I do believe that everyone has in common the conception of the intention of the law is to be just.

A law that is not just is no law, but a decree, an imposition. And in the case of such a legislation coming to be, the responsibility of keeping the legal status of this region, of every legal system, would fall to the Justices, to the judges, being in the form of Constitutional Courts, or in this case, with the base of R4R. And that's where the importance of Justices comes as protectors of the rights of the people, branded in the Bill of Rights of the region and secured with the Constitution and the Legal Code.

And what makes people a good Justice? Again, we can fall on the subjectiveness of the human mind, but in broad terms, the most important aspects of a justice would be, among others, stability and independence.

As you may be aware of my past within the region, I am as this election is going on a Justice, since after a period of two Special Justice Elections, and at the current moment, from the three members of the Court that should be sitting, only two of us remain. I would request for you, the voter, to take that in mind, that I not only have experience in the field of law in both the real life and in The North Pacific, having been the last Attorney General of the Region, but also remain constant in my compromise with my role in the Court for the people who not only voted for me, but those citizens who deserve a stable sitting court. I would also like to rise up for the independence of a Justice, and for that, in my time as a Justice, I was the prosecutor in the case of The North Pacific v. Ihese, and for that case, due to me having an involvement and being unable to take an independent and unbiased stance on the matter, I recused myself from such case. I hope you, the voter, keep that in mind as well.

I do believe that I have proven more than enough to be worthy to keep my Justice seat.

I will open myself to any questions the electorate has for me.

Thank you very much.

Last edited:
Hmm...I have a fun question. Review your performance as Prosecutor in TNP v. Ihese.

Hmm...I have a fun question. Review your performance as Prosecutor in TNP v. Ihese.
That's a definitely poisoned question, but I will try;

My performance in the case in my opinion was not the optimal for the case, being the biggest flaw I committed the evidence submission. I did have some trouble with it trying to tie all of the knots together and for a moment I thought I had a fairly strong case against the defendant, but then I missed on essential parts such as submitting the oath of citizenship of Ihese, or correctly justifying and authenticating the denied proof.

I do believe it was a good performance, but not good enough, as it can be seen from the end result of the trial.

Suppose your objective were to sabotage the region as Justice. How would you go about doing this?

Suppose your objective were to sabotage the region as Justice. How would you go about doing this?
Let's see this hypothetical scenario.
The clear way of doing this would be of, after the election is done and I'm elected, to seize control over the position of Chief Justice, what would allow me to have a better position and management over the rest of members in Court. Following that, the next step would be to convince the rest of members of the Court to modify the Court Rules and Procedures in order to add an additional point in Chapter 4: Decorum, Section 1: Judicial Conduct, by which in the votes of the Court for the section 4, the Chief Justice's vote would have twice the weight, saying it's for the case of a tie in Court, and in case of a tie, the selected point would be the Chief Justice.

Having that done and smoothly and without much suspicion, I would have gathered more power to the Chief Justice role.

The next part would be to, either cause problems with an outside person or attempting to do it myself. If such thing is done, if I'm put on trial, I could easily not recuse myself and my conflict of interest thanks to my role of Chief Justice, and I could get away with it.

That's one idea.

Back