[Discussion - SC - Passed] Commend Morover

Do you support this proposal in its current form?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cretox

Somehow, Palpatine has returned
TNP Nation
Cretox State
Discord
Cretox#0125
sc.jpg

Commend Morover
Pre-Submission Proposal Discussion

Category: Commendation | Target: Morover
Author: Noahs Second Country | Onsite Topic

This most grand, impressive, and august Security Council,

Seeing that many nations send their avowed delegations to the hallowed halls of the World Assembly, yet an equitable few truly rise to the level of the delegation sent by Morover,

Understanding that this delegation treats World Assembly legislation as more important than their own national laws, demonstrating the sheer level of dedication they have to creating an inclusive and safe international environment,

Awed by the Morovian delegation’s ability to survive and thrive inside of the Festering Snakepit known as the General Assembly, where they have passed six resolutions, including:
Lauding the Morovian ambassador Gregory Perise, who has spearheaded the development of seven successful and well regarded resolutions presented to this fine and enlightened Security Council body, including but not limited to:
  • SC#297: Condemn Tinfect, which righteously exposed the hypocritical and dangerous practices of Tinfect, whose impact on the General Assembly chamber is incalculable,
  • SC#301: Repeal: "Condemn This Game", accountable for repealing a piece of legislation uncouth enough to bring the disgusting practices of satirical writing upon this noble alignment of nations,
  • SC#305: Condemn Psychotic Dictatorships, responsible for finally condemning a repulsive consolidation of dictatorships, moreover, the Morovian delegation made the decision in this piece to doubt the supposedly fragrant feet belonging to DEAREST LEADER, a wholly dangerous endeavor,
  • SC#328: Commend Kuriko, which served to recognize one of the most well regarded and successful defenders in this chamber's history,
Glad to see that the nation of Morover has used their experience and expertise to assist other delegations as an independent nation, Minister of World Assembly Affairs in The North Pacific, and Deputy Officer of World Assembly Affairs in The Rejected Realms by:
  • Debating the merits of dozens of proposals within the World Assembly’s drafting chambers,
  • Ensuring proper consolidation of regional power in the World Assembly through production of Information for Voter pamphlets in a timely manner,
  • Successfully hosting the Second World Assembly Symposium, where intellectuals from the World Assembly congregated to debate various important contemporary topics to determine the future of this very body,
Thoroughly dismayed that the glorious honor of commendation has not yet been thrust upon such a deserving nation by the well-endowed participants of these Consecrated Corridors,

Hereby Commends Morover.
Note: This is an internal discussion on a [Last Call] or equivalent draft proposal currently on the NS forums, in order to establish an internal opinion prior to submission. Detailed opinions are appreciated and encouraged! Voting will take place in the attached poll. Should the proposal be altered, its text in this thread will be a modified and an appropriate notice will be posted.

Internal Voting Instructions:
  • Vote Support if you personally support this proposal in its current form.
  • Vote Oppose if you personally oppose this proposal in its current form.
  • Vote Neither if you neither support nor oppose this proposal in its current form.

I generally support this. While I feel that Morover could definitely do far more in NS, he's retired by his own announcement. The achievements listed are commend-worthy in my opinion, and the writing is strong enough. Though I will say that the emulative style, while a nice touch, feels really overblown.

Strongly against this one - the author should have stopped at 2 resolutions and quit while they were ahead.

I'm considering toning down the more superfluous bits but without them it feels a bit... boring?

At the same time, one of the most common observations I've seen about Morover's writing is that it is very embellishing (some love it, some not so much), so it seems fitting to go up the same alley.

I'm rather conflicted on this, but ultimately I think I'll have to vote against. While Morover has passed quite a few resolutions in the GA, none of them are particularly notable in comparison to others who have been commended mostly for GA writing, and a lot of them are repeals and replacements, which I don't think carry as much weight as original resolutions. On the SC side, there has been considerable debate about whether commending/condemning others should make the author commendable themselves, and while I think it's fine to add passed SC resolutions to someone's commendation, it's not as convincing to use them to form a central part of the commendation. Their service as WA Minister pretty much boils down to doing the job well for half a term, which doesn't add much to the case either. And lastly, it really seems this is being submitted with the knowledge that Morover is retiring, with this being a sort of retirement gift. Had they not intended to retire, we would probably not be considering this right now. Rewarding someone for quitting the game after a short 1.5 years of service doesn't seem in the spirit of the SC.

I'm rather conflicted on this, but ultimately I think I'll have to vote against. While Morover has passed quite a few resolutions in the GA, none of them are particularly notable in comparison to others who have been commended mostly for GA writing, and a lot of them are repeals and replacements, which I don't think carry as much weight as original resolutions. On the SC side, there has been considerable debate about whether commending/condemning others should make the author commendable themselves, and while I think it's fine to add passed SC resolutions to someone's commendation, it's not as convincing to use them to form a central part of the commendation. Their service as WA Minister pretty much boils down to doing the job well for half a term, which doesn't add much to the case either. And lastly, it really seems this is being submitted with the knowledge that Morover is retiring, with this being a sort of retirement gift. Had they not intended to retire, we would probably not be considering this right now. Rewarding someone for quitting the game after a short 1.5 years of service doesn't seem in the spirit of the SC.
This sums up my thoughts about this

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back