Prime Minister's Log

Prime Minister's Log
April 3rd, 2021

("Saintes Convention & Savattenstad Convention")

I've taken a large risk in signing the Saintes Convention and Savattenstad Convention, but I do feel that it is the right message to send. I still have reservations about whether our enemies will actually adhere to the conventions, but the Principality will, if we ever had to fight, fight civilly and fairly. I did acquire assurances that the activities of the militias would not be curtailed in any way as they defend our homeland, which was my chief concern.

The conventions do still need to be ratified by the Chamber of Law, and I am trying to pressure Princess Alice into pressuring the Foundations CPs into voting aye on it. She's resisting, thinking that as a smaller country we would need to keep all options open, but I'm trying to reassure her that this is not the case. We both understand the necessity of protecting civilians, but we disagree on the limits of weapons to be used, and I'm trying to get through to her that these limits are necessary to avoid cruelty and to make combat as "humane" as possible, as oxymoronic as that is. Besides, we're not investing any Livres into development of these now prohibited weapons anyways.

Perhaps she needs another reminder of the Cogorian plight from years ago.

Back