Not open for further replies.

New Francois

I'm the disco overlord!
TNP Nation
New Francois
Discord
New Francois/Alanyan Empire
Hello everyone, Its New Francois!

I know you might think that I am a little too young of a nation to become the Delegate of the largest region in NationStates, but hear me out! I have some incredible things to offer.

My goals are to make the region more welcoming, to pay attention to the people's needs, and to make TNP an overall better place to be in.

Plans for the Ministries:

Defense:

I want to have the push to join The North Pacific Army even bigger than before, as we will need big numbers to combat against big competitors. I want the Army to help protect small and vulnerable regions from big raiding groups like the Black Hawks, which terrorize tiny regions. I have heard of a helpless region being raided way too many times and I want to stop this.

Culture:
I would like for the Ministry of Culture to get more involved in player created contests and events like The North Pacific Vision and The North Pacific Hunger Games, which I will be restarting in a few days. I want Culture to spread the word to people and get them involved, while also doing the great thing they are already doing.

Home Affairs:
I would really love it if my home, the Ministry of Home Affairs got more aggressive with the welcoming of new nations arriving to The North Pacific. What I am thinking of implementing is a program when new nations post on the RMB they are greeted and introduced to this great region, just see what nations like Republica Guilleana do on the RMB with new players.

Ministers and Regional Officers:

Minister of Communications:

Undecided

Minister of Radio:
Dreadton

Minister of Foreign Affairs & Security Councillor:
Pallaith

Minister of Home Affairs:
El Fiji Grande

Minister of Defence:
ROM

Minister of Culture:
Prydania

Lead Gameside Advocate:

Territorio Di Nessuno

Additional Plans:

Embassy With First World Order:

I know that Ludistan, the current delegate of FWO has caused a ruckus causing Prydania to reject the embassy with them but I don't think the innocent residents of the region should suffer from not being able to communicate with us.

Feel free to ask any questions and don't forget to vote New Francois for Delegate in January of 2021!

Last edited:
Indie RP Rules:
I would like to repeal the rule that bans indie RPers from having anything that isn't a 1v1 war. many indie RPers, including myself have been struck with this problem time and time again and I want it to be gone!
You would have no power over that as Delegate. RP moderation is a matter of Administration and not the in-game government. You do realize that I will be lead RP mod even after I leave the Delegacy, yes?
And it's Admin, my mod team, and myself that makes these rules. Not the Delegate or the broader government.

You would have no power over that as Delegate. RP moderation is a matter of Administration and not the in-game government. You do realize that I will be lead RP mod even after I leave the Delegacy, yes?
And it's Admin, my mod team, and myself that makes these rules. Not the Delegate or the broader government.
Thank you for bringing this to my attention Mr. Delegate. I will edit my statements accordingly. Feel free to ask any more questions, and please stay tuned to this thread.

Last edited:
So, your plans are only stablished with HA, Culture and Defense. Nothing about FA, or Radio, or Communications. So, you're not attending to those branches of the government. Which is, to say the least, not only a disrespect in my opinion to those currently working on those ministries, but also the lack of responsibility in order to lead the executive, since you clearly have no intention to shut those ministries since you would supposedly appoint Ministers to it.

Thank you for bringing this to my attention Mr. Delegate. I will edit my statements accordingly. Feel free to ask any more questions, and please stay tuned to this thread.
I suppose my follow-up questions would be...
1) What other aspects of the limits to the Delegate's authority are you unclear of?
and
2) How can the RP community in TNP expect to view your potential government in friendly terms if you're already showing yourself hostile to the rules that govern it?

So, your plans are only stablished with HA, Culture and Defense. Nothing about FA, or Radio, or Communications. So, you're not attending to those branches of the government. Which is, to say the least, not only a disrespect in my opinion to those currently working on those ministries, but also the lack of responsibility in order to lead the executive, since you clearly have no intention to shut those ministries since you would supposedly appoint Ministers to it.
I have not written any plans because I am mostly happy and have not found anything I would want to supposedly change just yet. I will soon make posts on this thread regarding the ministries I have mentioned on my first statement.

Would you like to ask any questions? I am having fun answering them!

How can the RP community in TNP expect to view your potential government in friendly terms if you're already showing yourself hostile to the rules that govern it?
I am trying to make the RP rules more friendly towards indie RPers, and you have made it clear that I would sadly have no impact on these rules that govern RP

Plans for the Ministries:

Defense:

I want to have the push to join The North Pacific Army even bigger than before, as we will need big numbers to combat against big competitors. I want the Army to help protect small and vulnerable regions from big raiding groups like the Black Hawks, which terrorize tiny regions. I have heard of a helpless region being raided way too many times and I want to stop this.
So, you want to make the NPA a defender army?
Culture:
I would like for the Ministry of Culture to get more involved in player created contests and events like The North Pacific Vision and The North Pacific Hunger Games, which I will be restarting in a few days. I want Culture to spread the word to people and get them involved, while also doing the great thing they are already doing.
So you want the MoC to spread RMB games that you've created? I'm not necessarily opposed to this, but we do some good work with our own stuff.
Home Affairs:
I would really love it if my home, the Ministry of Home Affairs got more aggressive with the welcoming of new nations arriving to The North Pacific. What I am thinking of implementing is a program when new nations post on the RMB they are greeted and introduced to this great region, just see what nations like Republica Guilleana do on the RMB with new players.
We already have something like that. It's called the Gameside Advocates.
So far you have no plans for FA, WAA, Radio or Comms.
Ministers and Regional Officers:

Minister of Communications:

Undecided

Minister of Radio:
Dreadton

Minister of Foreign Affairs & Security Councillor:
Pallaith

Minister of Home Affairs:
El Fiji Grande

Minister of Defence:
ROM

Minister of Culture:
Prydania
What about World Assembly Affairs?
Lead Gameside Advocate:
Territorio Di Nessuno

Additional Plans:

Embassy With First World Order:

I know that Ludistan, the current delegate of FWO has caused a ruckus causing Prydania to reject the embassy with them but I don't think the innocent residents of the region should suffer from not being able to communicate with us.
Umm... we don't need embassies with every UCR. You may want to check your personal biases.
Feel free to ask any questions and don't forget to vote New Francois for Delegate in January of 2021!
Until you drastically improve your campaign, I don't think I will.
I am trying to make the RP rules more friendly towards indie RPers, and you have made it clear that I would sadly have no impact on these rules that govern RP
Considering that this was already tried, and it went badly, do we need this anyways?

Last edited:
Somehow this is still more detailed and coherent than Pigeonstan’s campaign, so I guess you’ve got that going for you.

It’s a pretty low bar, but you’ve got to start somewhere. I will say, you’re nowhere near ready and I mean that in the nicest way possible. I’m all for ambition, but please spend more time interacting within the Executive Staff and in government before you pursue such high elected office.

That’s the best advice I can give you.

Your plans seem very unfounded. And this all comes with experience. Your direct goals for each ministry don't represent anything different about them. You are literally just restating the actual goal of each ministry while adding different words to it. Your plans are vague, your plan with Home Affairs to welcome nations on the RMB is already the job of Gameside Advocates, with the Ministry of Defense, you never explained HOW you were going to go forward with defending steps, and you lack plans for the Ministries of Foreign Affairs, WA Affairs, and Radio. Let me break this down a little bit.

Defense

"I want to have the push to join The North Pacific Army even bigger than before, as we will need big numbers to combat against big competitors. I want the Army to help protect small and vulnerable regions from big raiding groups like the Black Hawks, which terrorize tiny regions. I have heard of a helpless region being raided way too many times and I want to stop this."

On paper, these seem like good-ish plans. However, you never present HOW you are gonna advertise the NPA to grow it in size. How are you gonna market the army to smaller nations, experienced nations, roleplayers, government members... How are you going to advertise for numbers? Next, protecting smaller and vulnerable regions is easier said than done. We can only have SO many nations stationed in one place. And, on top of this? One WA per member. If we are stationing soldiers to protect regions, what are we gonna do about detags? Liberations? Tags? Because eventually, we're gonna run out of soldiers to be stationed. So, how are you going to move forward with these plans if you want to do this.

Culture

"I would like for the Ministry of Culture to get more involved in player created contests and events like The North Pacific Vision and The North Pacific Hunger Games, which I will be restarting in a few days. I want Culture to spread the word to people and get them involved, while also doing the great thing they are already doing."

The Ministry of Culture HAS been involved in player-created contests and events. Examples being intraregional events, the World Cup, regional sporting competitions, and even more. However, you are right. More can be done as always. However, the biggest problem with your plans here is that this stuff has already been happening. You have no new plans for the Ministry of Culture itself...

Home Affairs

"I would really love it if my home, the Ministry of Home Affairs got more aggressive with the welcoming of new nations arriving to The North Pacific. What I am thinking of implementing is a program when new nations post on the RMB they are greeted and introduced to this great region, just see what nations like Republica Guilleana do on the RMB with new players."

Alright, you have one clear misconception... On the RMB, it is typically the Gameside Advocates' jobs to welcome new players that post, while Home Affairs can jump in. However, you are having a similar problem here as you did in Culture. You have no new plans...

Embassy with the First World Order

The First World Order has been proven to hate us, and I highly doubt that they want diplomatic relations. On top of this, their intentions don't seem real, they are kinda shady, and they don't seem ready for major embassies yet. They are a new, inexperienced region full of people who badmouth our region and their delegate sent a puppet here to harass a citizen. Is that the type of region that you want relations with at this time? I don't think so. On top of this, they continue to badmouth myself, Nessuno, and Dreadton for just doing our jobs. I don't think that's the type of region that we want relations with. They stir trouble in any which way they can and it doesn't seem they will stop.

Wrapping it Up

All in all, you need to found your plans more. You have no new plans for any of the ministries. And you don't have to. You can just keep them running while making occasional revamps. However, the biggest problem I have with your campaign is that you don't answer the "How?" or the "Why?" at all. I've asked some critical questions here, but I must ask one more.

What do you want to do in your delegacy? What are your goals? What are you trying to do?

COUP ATTEMPT FAILURE - Just like your candidacy

AAAAND on top of that, you're planning on committing treason. Great job! You've now lost the trust of the region! Have a hand for yourself! Advice to you, don't announce that you're planning coups on the biggest region in NationStates and announcing your plans for the world to hear! Great job! You've succeeded at the exact opposite of what you were trying to do!

Last edited:
that feeling when you get a notification and you're all hyped and whatever
and then it turns out it's for another super early delegacy campaign

@New Francois I am the ambassador to South Pacific. It was raided by TBH a while ago. The NPA did not do much (rightly so I think) over the issue. TBH engaged in some show of power and left when they got bored in a couple of weeks. Explain how NPA intervention by taking over SP would have helped here.

I am also in HA. The plan of greeting every new nation on a personal level is close to impossible. There is a reason why we send automated TGs.

I will vote for you if you can get any of the Ministers and Regional Officers you currently have listed to agree to working for you.

Well, seeing as I moved to First World Order, and people think I’m running to commit some sort of treason, I cannot run for Delegate anymore

Last edited:
Your plans seem very unfounded. And this all comes with experience. Your direct goals for each ministry don't represent anything different about them. You are literally just restating the actual goal of each ministry while adding different words to it. Your plans are vague, your plan with Home Affairs to welcome nations on the RMB is already the job of Gameside Advocates, with the Ministry of Defense, you never explained HOW you were going to go forward with defending steps, and you lack plans for the Ministries of Foreign Affairs, WA Affairs, and Radio. Let me break this down a little bit.

Defense

"I want to have the push to join The North Pacific Army even bigger than before, as we will need big numbers to combat against big competitors. I want the Army to help protect small and vulnerable regions from big raiding groups like the Black Hawks, which terrorize tiny regions. I have heard of a helpless region being raided way too many times and I want to stop this."

On paper, these seem like good-ish plans. However, you never present HOW you are gonna advertise the NPA to grow it in size. How are you gonna market the army to smaller nations, experienced nations, roleplayers, government members... How are you going to advertise for numbers? Next, protecting smaller and vulnerable regions is easier said than done. We can only have SO many nations stationed in one place. And, on top of this? One WA per member. If we are stationing soldiers to protect regions, what are we gonna do about detags? Liberations? Tags? Because eventually, we're gonna run out of soldiers to be stationed. So, how are you going to move forward with these plans if you want to do this.

Culture

"I would like for the Ministry of Culture to get more involved in player created contests and events like The North Pacific Vision and The North Pacific Hunger Games, which I will be restarting in a few days. I want Culture to spread the word to people and get them involved, while also doing the great thing they are already doing."

The Ministry of Culture HAS been involved in player-created contests and events. Examples being intraregional events, the World Cup, regional sporting competitions, and even more. However, you are right. More can be done as always. However, the biggest problem with your plans here is that this stuff has already been happening. You have no new plans for the Ministry of Culture itself...

Home Affairs

"I would really love it if my home, the Ministry of Home Affairs got more aggressive with the welcoming of new nations arriving to The North Pacific. What I am thinking of implementing is a program when new nations post on the RMB they are greeted and introduced to this great region, just see what nations like Republica Guilleana do on the RMB with new players."

Alright, you have one clear misconception... On the RMB, it is typically the Gameside Advocates' jobs to welcome new players that post, while Home Affairs can jump in. However, you are having a similar problem here as you did in Culture. You have no new plans...

Embassy with the First World Order

The First World Order has been proven to hate us, and I highly doubt that they want diplomatic relations. On top of this, their intentions don't seem real, they are kinda shady, and they don't seem ready for major embassies yet. They are a new, inexperienced region full of people who badmouth our region and their delegate sent a puppet here to harass a citizen. Is that the type of region that you want relations with at this time? I don't think so. On top of this, they continue to badmouth myself, Nessuno, and Dreadton for just doing our jobs. I don't think that's the type of region that we want relations with. They stir trouble in any which way they can and it doesn't seem they will stop.

Wrapping it Up

All in all, you need to found your plans more. You have no new plans for any of the ministries. And you don't have to. You can just keep them running while making occasional revamps. However, the biggest problem I have with your campaign is that you don't answer the "How?" or the "Why?" at all. I've asked some critical questions here, but I must ask one more.

What do you want to do in your delegacy? What are your goals? What are you trying to do?

COUP ATTEMPT FAILURE - Just like your candidacy

AAAAND on top of that, you're planning on committing treason. Great job! You've now lost the trust of the region! Have a hand for yourself! Advice to you, don't announce that you're planning coups on the biggest region in NationStates and announcing your plans for the world to hear! Great job! You've succeeded at the exact opposite of what you were trying to do!
Saying That We "Hate TNP" when did we hate TNP??? TNP is our home and one of the best regions we went into, we just did not like the laws yall put in.
And When Did we Over BADMOUTH you and the RO's Of TNP???? You are just Flaming At this point. Some parts Of the region might like yall and we know that LUDISTAN did a BIG mistake making a alt for you guys. We Never stir any trouble to. Before You Say your words. GET YOUR FACTS STRAIGHT

Like the fact that a member of your region actively planned a coup of TNP and FWO could be bother to provide a heads up?

I wasn’t “actively planning” a coup. I was just saying I wanted to make a coup

smh
You wanted to “make a coup”, but what you didn’t count on was the fact that if you’d even so much as tried the Security Council, along with the Court, would have made you into S O U P

(yes. The incorrect pronunciation of “coup” to make it rhyme with soup is intentional.)

Last edited:
Saying That We "Hate TNP" when did we hate TNP??? TNP is our home and one of the best regions we went into, we just did not like the laws yall put in.
And When Did we Over BADMOUTH you and the RO's Of TNP???? You are just Flaming At this point. Some parts Of the region might like yall and we know that LUDISTAN did a BIG mistake making a alt for you guys. We Never stir any trouble to. Before You Say your words. GET YOUR FACTS STRAIGHT
You know... "GET YOUR FACTS STRAIGHT" is a little ironic coming from you...

Anyway, do you need a list of the times you badmouthed us? How many do you want? You guys literally called me "Nessuno's Boot Licker"... You blame everything on Nessie and Dreadton. You guys badmouth our region, Prydania, and our RO's... I have links. However, you have eyes. Look it up yourself.

Next... Ludistan represents y'all community. He's your bloody delegate...

Next, y'all do hate us. Here's proof.

Sooo... Try again, buddy.

ight, since you're no longer a citizen, you cannot run, and thus this forum should be closed
admins, do the thing! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back