-
Deputy Speaker
-
-
-
Pronouns
He/Him, They/Them
Championship Wrestling from Gotmark #1
If you hate me so much, get better than me.

“I have carried this company on my back as champion for 375 days and I will take as much microphone time as I like.” Eric Thorn opens this, the very first episode of Championship Wrestling from Gotmark, “For even longer before I was champion.”

Flanked by Otto and Otho Morgsson, and ring announcer Robert Heensson, now divested of his microphone, Thorn paces around what he calls ‘his’ ring. And it has been, for more than a year. “I have beat everyone. All of you heroes, most of your villains and anyone else who thinks they can step to me.”

“And that’s the thing. That’s the thing that makes all of you troglodytes hate me so much. You in the stands and the rest of you schmucks in the back. You hate me because you can’t beat me. Over a year as your champion. Almost 18 months un-de-feat-ed. It doesn’t matter if my associates are with me or if the idiots running this place put me in a cage.

I. Always. Win.”

The crowd boos this heavily but Thorn has a point, commentator Anthony Schiasson, tells us. “He’s beaten everyone. I can’t think of a person backstage he hasn’t beaten, much as I don’t like it.”

Thorn turned back towards Robert Heensson, and walked over, leaning on his shoulder arrogantly. “So since no one seems to understand how things work around here, let me spell it out for you idiots. I run CWG. I represent CWG. I am CWG.

And if you can’t deal with that, if you can’t handle this fact, then I should remind you of what I've been telling you all along…”

The camera zooms in on Thorns smug face. “If you hate me so much, get better than me.” Dropping the microphone, Thorn leaves the ring and we cut to a commercial.

===

Otto and Otho Morgsson vs Axel Bightsson and Joel Kassasson

We come back from the break and Thorn and his cohorts haven’t left for the back - oh no, Eric Thorn is joining commentary as the imposing Morgsson brothers take on the exciting duo of Axel Bightsson and Joel Kassasson!

They aren’t as big as the champion’s bodyguards, but what they lack in strength they make for in speed and wrestling ability. Schiasson puts the two up and coming stars as potential challengers for the CWG Tag Team Challenge but Thorn scoffs at this, pointing out that since he took the Morgssons under his wing two months ago, they haven’t lost a match!

Otto Morgsson isn’t impressing thus far though, being isolated by the quick tags and teamwork of Axel and Joel. Kassasson whips the big man into his corner, brings in Bightsson and the two suplex the bigger man into the middle of the ring. A double leg-drop follows for a two count. Thorn urges his clients on, and as Bightsson gets a little too close to the opponents corner, Otho levels him with a punch, and the brothers get to work with their smash mouth style.

They dominate Bightsson for a few minutes, and a powerslam looks to have put him out for the count… but Joel Kassasson isn’t having any of it, diving into the ring to break up the pin to the outrage of Thorn.

“Disqualify him ref! That’s illegal!” He complains, before Schiasson shoots back at him. “And what was Otho’s punch on Bightsson?” Thorn ignores him, as Robert Heensson comes to the champions defence. “That wasn’t a punch, Joel just tripped! He’s clumsy! Ugly too.”

The referee seems to have lost control here, as the Morgssons double team the smaller wrestlers. After body slamming both of them to the mat, they both go to splash their opponents… nobody home! Twice! Schiasson is almost hollering as the crowd comes alive for the faces.

All four men begin to rise to their feet as the ref starts a count - by 7 they’re all up, and the two teams stare each other down. Bightsson seems especially up for this, and takes a step towards the Morgssons… only for Joel Kassasson to spin him around… CUTTER!

Bightsson is barely conscious on the mat, as Thorn is the only person in the arena cheering. “You still sure they’re going to win the Tag Challenge Tony?” The other announcers are shocked as Kassasson washes his hands of the situation, and leaves the ring - and his partner - to the Morgssons.

Said Morgssons maneuver up Axel onto Otho’s shoulders, and Otto goes to the top rope - “Oh there’s no need for this!” - death device! Axel is flipped off of Otho’s shoulders after Otto’s flying lariat, and both brothers cover him for the academic win.

The Morgssons remain undefeated since joining Thorn, who is oozing smugness, but the camera focuses on Joel Kassasson, stood at the top of the entrance ramp, looking down at the prone body of his now former tag partner.

“What is going on in that man’s mind?” Wonders Schiasson. “What next for him? What does he accomplish with this?”

Heensson jumps in. “He probably saw the way things were going and didn’t want to join his buddy. And what a good decision that was!”

===

We come back from commercials to a close shot of Schiasson and Heensson, who discuss what happened at CWG’s last big show - Undefeatable - there, the Skandan Wrestling Sensation SUVI teamed up with one of her lackeys, Världshav, to take on the CWG Tag Team Champions, Viking I and II. The Vikings retained the titles, after Världshav was pinned. After the match, SUVI and her faction beat her and kicked Världshav out of the World Elite.

Now, SUVI has challenged her former protege to a one time match - if SUVI wins, Världshav will leave CWG for a calendar year. Were Världshav to win, they will be free of World Elite and SUVI will never bother her again. Schiasson introduces a video package sent by Världshav this week:

“You know they say, ‘She sells seashells by the seashore, the shells she sells are seashells I’m sure, for if she sells seashells by the seashore then I’m sure she sells seashore shells’.

Heh. Just what she wants you to think. Her shells, are 300 apiece, now I’m fine with a bitta grease on the streets but lady c’mon, you’re on the beach! 300’s a reach for some mollusk debris, wouldn’t you agree, geez.

Now, I didn’t wanna say this. Call me an ignoramus but I wasted some of my wages on one of these famous carapaces and I'm frustrated. It is a disgrace. A piece of basic low-grade cheap trick. I dropped 300 drams on a second rate no third no eighth-rate knick-knack.

Look, I’m a little livid. I understand she’s tryna make a living but there’s a limit so listen, riddle me this: see, I recall my visit vividly. I was visibly timid in the beginning, I’ll admit it. Cause her ability to belittle my belittle-ability; it crippled me.

I was under duress, quite stressed, feeling pains in my chest and yet, still impressed by her zest. Now don’t get me wrong she’s the worst, she’s not worth dirt nor the worms that squirm in it. But I worship her way with words, it works.

And what’s worse, I wasn’t the first to be coerced, no.

There’s a long line of poor guys that have been robbed blind by this mastermind of the seashell selling kind and well, can ya blame em? She’s good, really good, too good. But there’s something more, I’d like to underscore.

You wouldn’t expect customers galore at her seashell seashore no, good lord! You’d expect uproar! And yet, that’s now what we’re seeing. She’s got return buyers. She’s not just some seashell-selling highflier, she's some sort of sleazy shady shifty seashore-sorry-seashell supplier, but why her?

Well, the folks they keep coming back, they look weak, unkempt, and pasty, like an impatient painter painted pain on their faces, good gracious! I… They’re addicted, but to what? Blowin their hard-earned dough? No! So… She doesn’t sell seashells by the seashore, she’s by the seashore, sure, but she’s not selling seashells.

The shells that she’s selling are opportunity. I know, it took a while to see but what that seashell selling siren is peddling isn’t knick-knacks or paddy-whacks, it’s thumb-tacks and stabs in the back. And in CWG that’s spells O-P-P-O-R-T-U-N-I-Ty, wouldn’t you agree?

Now she’s laid down the challenge next week, me and her one-on-one and the stipulation is simple. I’m back if I get the job done. And yet I hesitate. Not because I’m not filled with a burning hate oh no! If anything I’d love to see her irate and dissipate as I burn everything she’s ever done like it was Duchrijekan state.

Because I don’t want to just beat SUVI in one match, one fall, no I want more. I want it all. I want my job, her title and then the next step up the ladder. So here it is, my counter to your challenge:

SUVI you won an opportunity to challenge Eric Thorn for the CWG title in three weeks time. I want it. I want your National Title and I want my job back. I want to take everything from you, because you took everything from me.

And in 7 days time - mark them on your calendar SUVI - in 7 days time, your whole world, becomes nothing more than a seashell, on the seashore. Nevermore.”

===

The video segment closes and Robert Heensson and Anthony Schiasson announce that SUVI has already agreed to the stipulations and in a weeks time she will face off against Världshav in a triple-falls match - in the first fall, Världshav’s job is on the line, in the second fall, SUVI’s National Title is up for grabs, and in the final fall, the two will do battle for the opportunity to face CWG Champion Eric Thorn in three weeks time, at CWG Border Clash!

The men on commentary put over how much of a war those two talented young performers will put on next week, but they’re interrupted by an announced but very loud, very angry Sâmr. The Warrior Prince storms down to the ring, grabbing a microphone.

“Heensson, Schiasson, shut the hell up.” Sâmr is possibly too fired up, Schiasson suggests, before being shushed by his broadcast partner. “I have sat in the back listening to this crap for too long.” Schiasson apologies for the profanity, as the former CWG Gold Cup winner speaks.

“Less than one year ago, I came back to CWG. I started my career here. Won the first CWG Gold Cup. Held the CWG Title for a combined 415 days. Dominated the tag division and I elevated the National title from obscurity to main eventing show after show after show.”

“And then I left. I had achieved all I could achieve in CWG and left for pastures new. I have been around the world. I wrestled in Callise for CWU, I went to Andrenne and appeared in NAWF. Some of you may have seen me in GVB, or in Prydania with Hadden Championship Wrestling, where I fought for the Craviter Heavyweight Championship.”

Sâmr stalks around the ring. “I didn’t just run down that list for fun or to name drop another promotion on live television,” Sâmr turns to look straight down the camera. “Hey Gotmark Pro-Wrestling Unlimited, how ya doing?” The mention of the non-GWA territory draws cheers, in this, GPWU’s hometown.

“I ran down that list for a reason.” Sämr grows serious. “I have had a long career. I started doing this, 27 years ago. I was 12 years old, rolling around the ring in my uncle Vanr’s backyard and I know you know that name.” For those that didn’t, Schiasson put over Vanr as the very first CWG champion and a founder of the company.

“But I am tired. And the years, the years are catching up to me. I took Eric Thorn to a time limit draw 5 months ago, and I felt every bit of those 27 years of my career at the end of it.” Sâmr paused, “And hey Thorn, I heard what you said earlier tonight, and lemme make this, my last golden prediction. Everyone I’ve ever made has come true in some way or another - the longest CWG championship reign was 401 days. Here’s my prediction: you don’t make it to 400.”

Heensson disagreed on commentary but only huffed when Schiasson challenged him to provide a time when one of Sâmr’s “golden predictions” had not come true.

“But here’s what I came out here to say. I’m done. I’m beat up, I’m hurt. Not enough to force me to retire today, but the doctors say I’m done. So, I’m here to announce, my final match, as a CWG wrestler, and as a professional wrestler, will happen at CWG Border Clash!”

The fans cheer seeing Sâmr one more time. “Now, and I hope the CWG commission will indulge me one last time, I’ve got some ideas as to who my oppo-” The lights go out, and Sâmr’s microphone cuts off.

On the stage, a single spotlight shines down. Not on a person or persons, but on a wooden axe handle. The camera zooms in, and a name is visible on the axe handle. Sigbiorn.

The camera swivels, and another spotlight comes on, bathing the ring in light. Stood behind Sâmr, clad in the leathers, furs and facepaint of his SUPER RAIDER person, is Sigbiorn.

Sâmr turns to the man who beat him in his first CWG run, and looks up, and points to the CWG Border Clash sign. Sigbiorn obliges… and roars, before the lights go down again, and when come back up, he is gone.

Championship Wrestling from Gotmark episode 1 ends with Sâmr, the veteran Warrior Prince, contemplating the axe handle Sigbiorn has left him at the top of the ramp.

Last edited:
Back