Arc

TNP RP's Resident Fluffball of Cringe
-
Pronouns
he/him
TNP Nation
Arcanstotska
OOC NOTE:
This rework of the Sekari Empire worldbuilding thread was inspired by Sasten's Encyclopædia Machina thread and Andy's INDEX.000 thread for the Yviiri Combine. I didn't like the previous structure of this thread beforehand and that is why I am redesigning it. This thread shall serve as a general worldbuilding thread for my Inaius nation, the Sekari Empire, and shall dive into both the Sekari Empire itself as well as outside events in which the Sekari have participated from their IC point-of-view.
Thank you for reading, and I hope you enjoy my worldbuilding for the Sekari Empire! And always remember: the Sekari stand eternal!

Last edited:
IMPERIAL ARCHIVES OF THE SEKARI EMPIRE

TABLE OF CONTENTS

GOVERNMENT OF THE EMPIRE
The Imperial Throne

HISTORY OF THE EMPIRE
Historical Entry 001.
Historical Entry 002.

GREAT NAMES OF THE EMPIRE

IMPERIAL ARMED FORCES
IMPERIAL ARMY
IMPERIAL NAVY
IMPERIAL INTELLIGENCE

SIGNIFICANT LOCATIONS WITHIN THE EMPIRE

PLANETS, MOONS, & SETTLEMENTS OF THE EMPIRE

CULTURES OF THE EMPIRE

SPECIES WITHIN THE EMPIRE

RELIGION WITHIN THE EMPIRE

ECONOMICS OF THE EMPIRE
Mining

FOREIGN RELATIONS INFORMATION

Last edited:

HISTORY OF THE EMPIRE

HISTORICAL ENTRY 001.
THE GREAT EXODUS, THE DISCOVERY OF CYRN, THE BIRTH OF THE EMPIRE, & THE FIRST EMPEROR

It all began in Tellus.

The government of the Tellusian Republic had grown corrupt over the years since contact with The Homeworld was lost. Political figures pursued only their wealth and gain. Law enforcement forces, whose job it should have been to protect their communities from criminal activity, instead began turning blind eyes towards crime if only the criminals gave them a percentage of their profits. Various civil conflicts, such as the civil war which led to the flight of defeated transhumanists from Tellusian space, only led to the Tellusian government further distrusting its population.

Around this time a name of significant note begins to appear: a Tellusian naval officer by the name of Sekarius Fyt.

Sekarius came from the upper rings of Tellusian life. His family was considerably wealthy which allowed him to attend the most prestigious military academies in the entire Tellusian Republic. He learned fleet maneuvers and tactics which helped him in securing a Tellusian victory against a small alien empire. He was, by all accounts, a highly-skilled and intelligent naval commander within the Tellusian Navy.

He was also, like many, politically ambitious, although he had no intention to participate in the corruption which had become rampant within the government. Instead, he sought to face the corruption and destroy it. He set himself up to be a champion of the people and inspired Tellusians to stand up to those who were meant to represent them. An authoritarian at heart, he proclaimed that descent into corruption was the destiny of democracy and that only through an incorruptible autocracy could an interstellar society truly flourish as a united entity. Seeing his ambitions, leading members of the Tellusian government attempted to have Sekarius assassinated. The assassination failed and only served to fuel Sekarius’ ambitions. He began to plot a coup.

Sekarius spent the next three months building connections, gathering allies, and arming his followers in preparation for his revolution against the Tellusian government. After he had his allies in the military and his army of loyal followers gathered, he was sure of his success and began planning the details of his coup.

Sekarius’ fleet dropped out of FTL over Tellus itself. He proclaimed to overthrow the corrupt political establishment and that he would put a new order into place. Sekarius’ ships engaged the Tellusian fleet over the planet. He sent call after call to his military allies to come to his assistance. None answered. In the end, Sekarius was forced to retreat from the system and regroup with his followers in the farthest reaches of Tellusian territory.

The Sekari, as they called themselves, held out in the fringes of Tellusian space for six months. But each day only made it clearer that they were doomed to defeat. Seeing this, many abandoned the cause or defected to the Tellusian government forces. Only Sekarius’ most loyal followers, some 11,000 people out of the movement’s original approximate 23,000,000, stayed by his side.

Sekarius had finally accepted that his revolution was doomed to failure. But he had no intention of surrendering himself nor his followers to the Tellusian loyalists. As his final defeat drew near, Sekarius and those most loyal to him boarded a fleet of commandeered old colony ships and entered FTL, fleeing Tellus entirely and avoiding capture and annihilation.

The coordinates they put in were random and led them into uncharted space. The system they had arrived in was barren. No habitable planets to be found. In their haste to flee, the Sekarians had forgotten to gather food supplies onto the ships and people began to starve. One of the colony ships, the New Hope, which had been carrying 3,000 people on board was lost when the ship’s reactor malfunctioned and had a catastrophic meltdown. Sekarius’ following was down to 8,000 people. Sekarius knew he needed a solution fast.

He dispatched small FTL-capable ships to scout nearby systems in search of habitable planets. When the neighboring Theias system was confirmed to possess two habitable planets capable of supporting human life, Sekarius immediately ordered the two remaining ships to make their way to the system.

One of the planets was identified as a jungle world too dense for settlement, so the colony ships settled down on the other planet which was further from its star but had less dense vegetation. The two ships settled down beside a river in a vast field surrounded by large forests and mountains. They were finally safe.

There Sekarius proclaimed to his followers that their dream was not dead but would instead live on. He proclaimed that they and their descendants would build a new civilization destined to become one of the greatest powers in the galaxy which would never succumb to the corruption which the Tellusian Republic had. Finally, drawing upon the ancient lore of The Homeworld, he took upon himself a title thought lost to all but the history books: Emperor.

The Sekari Empire was born.

Emperor Sekarius and his remaining followers immediately set about establishing the foundations for the fledgling Sekari Empire. The forests and alien wildlife were cleared to make room for the new Imperial City as the colony ships were deconstructed into basic infrastructure. Sekarius declared that this planet was to be named “Cyrn,” named after Elizabeth Cyrn, who was captain of the lost colony ship, a beloved and inspirational figure among the Sekari, and was secretly Emperor Sekarius’ fiance. This was done as a tribute to the Empire’s lost.

Over the following decades, the Sekari Empire spread further and further across the surface of Cyrn. The Imperial City grew and grew faster and faster. During this time, Emperor Sekarius met and fell in love with a Sekari army lieutenant by the name of Alexis Wren. The two spent two years dating before Sekarius proposed. He and Alexis - now Empress Alexis - were married and had three children together: Jessica, Thane, and Alex. They would go on to marry on their own later in life, growing the Fyt family. This laid the foundations for the Fyt Dynasty which still rules the Sekari Empire to this very day.

The thirty-seven-year reign of Emperor Sekarius was one of expansion and growth for the Empire. Under his reign, not only did the Empire solidify its control over Cyrn, but the foundations for the new Imperial Navy were also laid. Emperor Sekarius proclaimed that the new Imperial Navy would be the bulwark of the Empire's expansion and defense and would be the ultimate power in the universe. Emperor Sekarius would sadly, however, pass away before the Imperial Navy progressed beyond the planning stages.

Under his reign, the Sekari Empire flourished from a settlement of rebels fleeing defeat into the foundations for what would become a massive interstellar empire.

On his death bed, Emperor Sekarius instructed his daughter and successor, Jessica, "conquer the stars." It would be under the reign of Empress Jessica that the Sekari Empire would finally take the first real steps towards becoming an interstellar power.

Upon being proclaimed Empress, Jessica I declared that no emperor or empress after her shall take the name Sekarius. As such, there has been, and only ever shall be, one Emperor Sekarius.

Last edited:

HISTORY OF THE EMPIRE

HISTORICAL ENTRY 002.
THE REIGN OF JESSICA I, THE CELNILLES CAMPAIGN, & THE ALEXIAN-THANIAN WAR

Following the death of Emperor Sekarius, the Sekari Empire wept. On the order of Sekarius’ daughter and successor, Empress Jessica I, the Mausoleum of the Emperors was constructed and a grand funeral was held in his honor in the Imperial City. It was in the very center of the Mausoleum of the Emperors where Sekarius’ body was stored in a steel coffin plated in gold and decorated with diamonds and jewels. Every Sekari Emperor and Empress since has been entombed within the Mausoleum of the Emperors; their coffins placed along the walls of the circular chamber at the heart of the building with Sekarius’ tomb in the center.

After she had properly laid her father to rest, Jessica I set about fulfilling her promise to him: to expand the Empire. Jessica began planning a massive expansion campaign that would see the Sekari Empire establish its dominion across the Theias system and expand into neighboring systems.

However, before those expansion plans could come into fruition, the Sekari Empire needed a navy.

Jessica I ordered the creation of shipyard facilities that would serve to construct the new Sekari Imperial Navy. Several ship manufactorums were constructed in orbit of Cyrn, which was where many of the early Imperial Navy’s ships were constructed. Within the first ten years of her reign, Jessica I had established a significant fleet of over 150 warships and 200 mining ships.
Immediately thereafter Jessica I turned her attention to harvesting enough resources to fuel the Sekari Empire’s future expansion campaigns. To achieve this goal, she turned to asteroid mining. For the next six years, hundreds of asteroids in the Theias system were mined for their resources which were then sent back to Cyrn.

With a navy established and a surplus of resources accumulated, Jessica I could finally turn towards her first great ambitions.

Cyrn and its moon Korhal were already settled planets bustling with Imperial activity. Celnilles was a jungle planet neighboring Cyrn, though due to the overtly hostile flora and fauna of the planet, it had never been settled. Even Emperor Sekarius - as ambitious a man he was - believed that Celnilles was more trouble than it was worth. But Jessica I was determined to tame the beast of Celnilles and transform it into a prosperous Sekari colony.

For months, Jessica I discussed with her court and her military advisors how best to approach the settlement of Celnilles. Some even advised that she abandon the Celnilles plan. Jessica I, however, was insistent that Celnilles be brought into the fold.

Eventually, they settled on a plan. The Sekari Imperial Army would land several army groups on the planet in a predetermined location, and would then lead a campaign to purge the surrounding land of all hostile wildlife and flora. In their place, the Empire would send colonists and build colonial infrastructure. These settlements were intended to grow and become the planetary capital of Tarsonis.

After the necessary forces were gathered and logistics coordinated, the Celnilles Campaign could begin.

Under the command of Jessica I’s brother and Lord Commander of the Imperial Army, Alex, the Imperial Army landed a significant force - over twelve thousand Imperial soldiers - on a predetermined area of land. After a base of operations was established, the Imperial Army set about forcefully removing hostile wildlife and flora. The Celnilles Campaign took almost two years and the Imperial Army suffered significant casualties. Over a thousand were either killed, wounded, or went missing in the jungles of Celnilles. One Sekari battalion, in particular, had suffered 21% casualties by the end of the campaign. Nonetheless, the Celnilles Campaign was a success, and after a sufficient amount of hostile life had been removed from the area. The Empire sent a workforce with the necessary materials to begin laying down the necessary colonial infrastructure. Once the necessary infrastructure was laid in place, a wave of two thousand colonists was sent to live in the new city of Tarsonis.

Over the following decades, the Tarsonis settlement grew into a prosperous planetary capital, more of Celnilles was cleared of threatening lifeforms, and the planet was finally tamed. Jessica I had accomplished her goal. But there was yet another ambition she craved to satisfy.

On his death bed, Sekarius had asked his daughter to take the first steps towards establishing the Sekari Empire as an interstellar power. Jessica I had indeed brought the Theias firmly under Sekari control, but the Empire still had no presence beyond the system. It would now be time to change that.

Jessica I and her other brother, Thane, Lord Admiral of the Imperial Navy, began to discuss and plan the logistics of an interstellar colonization campaign. Their plans would be interrupted, however.

Alex had been growing increasingly power-hungry behind the scenes, bribing and manipulating senior members of the Imperial government in the hope of overthrowing his sister and establishing himself as Emperor Alex I. While Jessica I was having breakfast one morning in the dining halls of the Imperial Palace, Cyrn Knights loyal to Alex broke in and attempted to seize her. Jessica I tried to fight them off but she was quickly cut down. Cyrn Knights loyal to Jessica I attempted to intervene and save the Empress, but they were too late. Alex’s Cyrn Knights fought a desperate escape from the Imperial Palace, with only six knights out of their original twenty surviving. Upon hearing the news that his sister had been killed, Alex broke into a rage and savagely beat to death the Cyrn Knight responsible for Jessica I’s death. Alex needed Jessica I alive so she could publically and officially abdicate in favor of himself. Now Alex could only become Emperor through a military takeover. When Thane got the news, he too was furious, and personally vowed to wipe his younger brother from the universe and avenge his sister.

The Alexian-Thanian War was a short but savage civil war that rocked the Sekari Empire for almost a year. Cyrn saw brutal fighting between Imperial Army and Navy forces loyal to either Alex or Thane. Korhal and Celnilles remained largely untouched by the war’s violence and fighting, however. Alex had little chance of victory, however, as only a few Imperial Army divisions and a small portion of the Imperial Navy had taken his side. The rest remained loyal to Thane, whom many had begun to see as Jessica I’s legitimate heir following the emergence of rumors that said the late Empress’ final will designated Thane to be her successor. These rumors (which were probably spread around by Thanians - Sekari who sided with Thane - and perhaps even begun by Thane himself) were enough to rally most of the Sekari military and public around Thane.

The Alexians - Sekari who chose to align themselves with Alex - were fighting a losing battle from the very beginning.

After almost eight months of fighting on Cyrn, Alex and his forces attempted to seize the Imperial Palace, but Thanian forces drove them back and nearly captured Alex himself before he narrowly escaped on a ship to Celnilles. On his way to the planet, Alex’s ship was intercepted by a Thanian patrol and destroyed. Following the death of his younger brother and the recovery of his body, Thane sent out a final call for remaining Alexian forces to surrender or face complete annihilation. The Alexians surrendered. Thereafter Thane was crowned Emperor Thane I of the Sekari Empire.

Thane set about to rebuild the damages and destruction of the war. The plans for interstellar expansion would have to wait.

Last edited:

THE IMPERIAL PALACE

THE IMPERIAL THRONE & THRONE ROOM

The Imperial Throne, also known as the Fyt Throne, the Golden Throne, and the Eternal Throne, is the official seat of power for the Emperor or Empress of the Sekari Empire. It is where the Emperor or Empress addresses the Empire, receives foreign dignitaries and diplomats, convenes with the Imperial Council - an advisory body that reports to the Emperor or Empress directly, and performs other ceremonial duties.

The Throne Room is located within the very heart and center of the Imperial Palace on the eighth floor. The Throne itself sits on the northern side of the room with the chamber’s walls behind it. The Throne is a reinforced steel, gold-plated platform upon which the Emperor or Empress sits, which is surrounded by pillars and covered by a wide arch and a tall arch, as well as red banners that boast the emblem of the Fyt Dynasty. The Throne sits upon a floor of invincite-reinforced glass - capable of supporting a herd of elephants. The Throne Room itself is decorated with arches and curves stretching across the room from out behind the Throne. This carries a symbolic purpose - representing the reach and power of the Sekari monarch, and thus, the Sekari Empire itself.
The Throne itself was not constructed until the later years of the reign of Empress Jessica I, Emperor Sekarius’ daughter, his eldest child, and successor following his death in 37 AEF. According to Sekari historical archives, she only sat in it a few times between its completion and her murder.

Last edited:

ECONOMICS OF THE EMPIRE

MINING

"Resources are the food and fuel of empires. Without such a massive quantity of raw materials, no interstellar empire can truly sustain itself. Its fleets and colonies will cease to be and it shall become incapable of further growth and expansion." - Emperor Sekarius

Since the birth of the Sekari Empire, mining has played an enormous role in its growth. Whether it be mining in caves on Cyrn in the Empire’s early days to asteroid mining and planet-cracking, the industrialized gathering of raw materials has allowed the Sekari Empire to rapidly expand to its current size and strength over the past half-millennia. To this very day, the mining sector is a massive part of the Sekari Empire’s economy.

The mining industry was initially government-controlled during the reign of Emperor Sekarius and Empress Jessica I. All mining ships and equipment were the property of the Sekari government and all workers in the mining sector - from senior managers to the people directly involved in the mining operations - were all Imperial Government employees. It was not until Emperor Thane I that the Imperial Government began to permit private corporations to handle the mining industry. It started out slow at first: mining corporations were allowed to set up and run their own mining operations to contribute to the economy and growth of the Sekari Empire, however much of the industry was still directly under the Imperial Government.

The private sector of the mining industry really began to take off under Emperor William I, who, among other reforms to the Empire, began to increasingly pull the Imperial Government out of controlling the economy. Now the Imperial Government simply levied taxes on the corporations’ operations. The forty-three-year reign of Emperor William I saw a large wave of economic growth and liberalization and many sectors of the Sekari economy exploded in growth. The mining sector, in particular, started booming.

For the next two hundred years, as the Sekari Empire expanded throughout the surrounding galaxy, its growing fleets were fueled by this booming mining industry. Then came planet-cracking.

Planet-cracking was a major development in the Sekari mining sector. Up until then, asteroids were the primary target for mining operations by various mining corporations. Suddenly, dead planets were viable mining targets, as planet-cracking allowed entire chunks of a planet’s crust to be ripped off and harvested for raw resources. This accelerated the Sekari Empire’s growth exponentially. Vast fleets of so-called “planet-crackers” were constructed and deployed to harvest dead planets across Sekari territory and even beyond the Empire in the depths of uncharted space.

Last edited:

HISTORY OF THE EMPIRE

THE APELPESIA III INCIDENT

427 AEF (Imperial Standard Calendar)
2842 CE (Human Standard Calendar

Salvage_-_Poster04.jpg

The remains of the USG Sikono

OVERVIEW
The Apelpesia III Incident, also known as the USG Sikono Incident, was a disastrous mining incident that occurred over the Class D planet Apelpesia III within the Apelpesia System, located in deep space.

The incident was the result of a catastrophic gravity tether malfunction that occurred during the planet-cracking procedure. As a result of this malfunction, the Planetcracker-class vessel USG Sikono was ripped to pieces by the inverted gravity field. Most of the Sikono's crew died instantly as a result of being suddenly exposed to the vacuum of space, while those who had somehow managed to survive the initial cataclysm were killed quickly thereafter following the complete failure of the Sikono's life support systems. Oxygen and pressure were torn away from whatever parts of the Sikono were still in any way operational, resulting in the deaths of the ship's entire crew of 1,250. The Apelpesia III Colony itself would suffer significant damage and casualties after parts of the USG Sikono fell out of orbit and crashed into the colony.

The Apelpesia III Incident had a total estimated death toll of over 3,700. To this day, in the present years of 549 AEF and 2954 CE, it is recorded as the deadliest mining incident in the whole history of the Sekari Empire.

CONTEXT
Three years before the incident, in 424 AEF or 2839 CE, Apelpesia III - a Class D or barren planet and the third from its star - was selected by the Kaeler Extraction Corporation (KEC) to be the site for a deep space mining colony and an eventual planet-crack operation after prospectors' reports identified the planet as a goldmine. The Apelpesia III Colony was established the following year and the colonists began excavating a section of the planet's tectonic mass for the planet-crack operation, scheduled for 427 AEF.

By the 5th Century AEF, planet-cracking operations had become common and routine throughout deep space beyond the boundaries of the Sekari Empire and even the Inaius sector itself. Through harvesting a huge chunk of a planet's tectonic mass, vast amounts of raw resources could be harvested quickly and efficiently. Additionally, by allowing mining companies to harness the vast material richness of space, these vast quantities of resources would circulate through and enrich the Sekari economy - and thus the whole of the Empire - theoretically infinitely. The KEC was but one of a plethora of Sekari mining corporations eager to use their United Spacing Guild (USG)-manufactured Planetcracker-class ships to exploit deep space for profit.

THE INCIDENT
In 427 AEF, the KEC dispatched the USG Sikono to execute the planet-crack of Apelpesia III. When the USG arrived in orbit over the planet, colonial and ship personnel worked to set up the gravity anchors and connect the tethers that would be used to hoist the tectonic mass up from the planet and into space, before the Sikono could return to Imperial space where the tectonic mass could be harvested for its vast material wealth. Some personnel had reported minor malfunctions within some equipment, but these reports were ultimately dismissed as "too small to be of significant concern." The planet-crack was green-lit by both the Apelpesia III Colony Manager and the Captain of the USG Sikono.

The gravity tethers were activated and connected to the anchors on both the planet and the Sikono. Then, suddenly, the gravity field inverted and then went wild. The USG Sikono was ripped apart and parts of the ship fell out of orbit. The Colony Manager sent out an FTL distress beacon back to the Empire, but the signal took days to travel to the nearest Imperial world.

THE AFTERMATH
After the incident, after the distress beacon reached Imperial space, both KEC and Sekari government emergency medical service personnel were immediately dispatched to the Apelpesia System to rescue survivors, inspect the damages, and recover whatever bodies they could. Over the next seven years, the pieces of the USG Sikono were slowly recovered and sent back to Imperial space to be reassembled. After the USG Sikono was reassembled in Imperial space, the at-the-time Empress, Jessica II, proclaimed that the rebuilt Sikono would stand as a monument to the dead. It serves that purpose to this very day.

The incident pushed engineers and scientists to refine the science and equipment behind planet-cracking. Sekari understanding of physics and technology has come far since the incident and corporations have taken great care to prevent a similarly disastrous incident from taking place. Not only are workers more thoroughly educated on how to safely execute a planet-crack, but better standards for communicating issues with equipment and technology have been implemented so that such reports can never again be so easily dismissed. Additionally, the wages of Planetcracker-class ship personnel have seen a considerable increase since the incident following a massive display of workers' demonstrations across the Empire. These demonstrations, which took place almost immediately after Imperial media reported the incident to the public, called for better pay and better and safer working conditions upon the ships.

Last edited:

IMPERIAL ARMY

IMPERIAL TROOPERS

d398ff212b78dd909dd7022fd7bcf701~2.jpg

Imperial soldier armor. Black is the standard manufacturing color, though armor sets may be colored appropriately for any combat environment.
(Art by The-Chronothaur on DeviantArt)

"You are the sword of our Empire and the shield of her people! You are the hammer with which we shall beat the evils of the cosmos into submission! You are the spear which shall strike down our enemies with unyielding determination and incorruptible resolve! You are soldiers of the Sekari Imperial Army, the greatest army to ever march across the galaxy!"
-
Emperor Thane I
Imperial soldiers, also known as Sekari soldiers or Sekari troopers, are the human rank-and-file infantry of the Sekari Imperial Army. Made up of volunteers and conscripts from the Empire’s human population, the infantry of the Sekari Empire undergo intensive training to prepare them for the demands of interstellar war. Imperial soldiers are taught to take individual initiative on the battlefield and remain as tactically flexible as possible. Though Imperial Army strategy favors rapid maneuver and combined arms offensive action, Imperial infantry are taught to be as adaptable as possible as the offensive initiative may not always be in the Empire’s hands. Imperial troopers are trained to work in conjunction with airborne, armored, and support elements to maximize their combat efficiency on the battlefield and complete their objectives.

Imperial soldiers are outfitted with the latest in Sekari infantry armor; the Phase II Individual Defense Set is a plastoid set of armor that provides ample protection against projectile, plasma-based, and laser-based small arms fire. The armor also possesses a basic life support system, allowing Imperial soldiers to temporarily operate in a vacuum environment. Finally, the inner layers of the armor are coated in a specially designed gel substance that regulates the temperature of the armor, allowing soldiers to remain comfortably cool even in freezing cold or blistering heat.

The Imperial soldier’s helmet comes equipped with night-vision and infrared optical systems, a built-in communications device, and a small oxygen storage unit should an individual find themselves in a vacuum environment.

Imperial soldiers may carry a wide variety of weapons depending on their specialized role. The most common weapon, however, is the ACP-311 automatic combat platform issued to the common rifleman. The ACP-311 is a pack-fed automatic blaster rifle capable of accurately firing energized laser bolts up to six hundred meters. Individual packs may carry enough power for hundreds of shots per pack, allowing Imperial soldiers to carry large amounts of firepower without being weighed down. Other commonly utilized weapons include the LBC-2 light blaster cannon (utilized as a squad automatic weapon), the RPE-42 rocket-propelled explosives launcher, MCP-7 marksman combat platform which fulfills the role of a DMR, and the SAP-331 which functions as a submachine gun, among others.

Last edited:
Back