-
-
Pronouns
She/Her They/Them
TNP Nation
Vivanco
Discord
ra#9794
As time goes by, even for many mistakes we make, whenever we realize its existence, we have not only the opportunity to fix and improve it, but the obligation.

While it is true that in my time as Attorney General of the region it was at least controversial due to my diversification of course of action and my inexperience, it would be wrong to admit that I have not learned from these mistakes.

I have been in this region for almost two years, and in these I have had the opportunity to observe, practice, fail and learn from my own mistakes, as well as those of others. And this is why I take the opportunity to be tested once again.

As is well known, I am a law student, so all legal issues would come within my personal tastes, allowing me a better understanding of the legal language and the judicial system of the region, both in its codification and its jurisprudence. I am an avid defender of judicial independence, and it is something that I have defended from my first campaign to the Attorney General, as in my previous campaign to Justice, considering it as a fundamental pillar to reach what this position means: Justice.

On the subject of experience within the region, it is also known of my past as Attorney General, a key moment in which I was allowed to test myself and verify my own failings, which with time I have managed to polish.

I consider that I have a sufficient awareness of the region to be able to understand the contexts and clarify complicated situations that may arise on certain occasions, and likewise, I bless my own ignorance in some cases, since it will facilitate the application of independence and impartiality in the more complicated cases.

I have always had an interest from the first day I came to this region to be in an environment more linked to justice, and it is a subject that I consider fascinating, and with which I consider that I have the necessary qualification to be a worthy candidate for this our region.

I will be answering all of your questions in this thread in time, but I would like to be clear in beforehand: I am currently moving out of my country IRL, and thus answers may take longer than expected.

Sincerely.

Last edited:
Do you think a moderating justice should agree to disallow evidence in a private DM between the justice and only one party to the case?

What is your opinion with regards to plea deals/agreements between the Prosecution and Defence? Do you think that in such situations where both sides have agreed to something and present a joint sentencing recommendation, should the court follow their wishes, or hand down sentences which may be drastically different from what is recommended?

Do you think a moderating justice should agree to disallow evidence in a private DM between the justice and only one party to the case?
Absolutely not, and my reasoning does not come only from ethics, but from the legality of the issue on itself.

In the Court Rules and Procedures, Chapter 1, Section 3, we find in the third point that the Moderating Justice may admit or exclude any kind of evidence after hearing both parts. In this case, only one party has had the benefit of being heard, and thus the Court Rules have been broken.

So they shouldn't, and most of all because if the person who is supposed to safeguard the legality of the region, breaks its own rules, it would be mayhem.

What is your opinion with regards to plea deals/agreements between the Prosecution and Defence? Do you think that in such situations where both sides have agreed to something and present a joint sentencing recommendation, should the court follow their wishes, or hand down sentences which may be drastically different from what is recommended?
There are moments of importance in which both parties for the sake of their clients, their interests or of the overall state of the region, where a bargain is met, an agreement. While I dislike some pacts done as ways to end with a conflict quickly, one can't look away on how these pacts could have been beneficial to the region's stability.

On the account of the sentences and their recommendations and the own freedom of the judge of application of the law, I do believe that some control ought to be made, and I am aware of cases in this very region which had the focus on that same topic, so I would say that with the recommendations are that, recommendations, guides of action for the Justice to seek a balance.

Back